Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I love to listen to music very loudly in my car when driving on the motorway (I put it down when I'm in city centers as I don't want to look like a crazy person singing in my car) and I'm a bit surprised that going from 30 to 38 (max volume) doesn't really change anything.
Coming from an Evoque with the Meridian 380W I could go up to 60 and it was really really loud.
Is it by design or is there a way to get the volume higher?
I listen to music from an old iPod Video that I have to unplug and plug again every time I start the engine (it was the same iPod in the Evoque).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
453 Posts
Mig said:
Hi,

I love to listen to music very loudly in my car when driving on the motorway (I put it down when I'm in city centers as I don't want to look like a crazy person singing in my car) and I'm a bit surprised that going from 30 to 38 (max volume) doesn't really change anything.
Coming from an Evoque with the Meridian 380W I could go up to 60 and it was really really loud.
Is it by design or is there a way to get the volume higher?
I listen to music from an old iPod Video that I have to unplug and plug again every time I start the engine (it was the same iPod in the Evoque).
There will be in audio settings somewhere a way to increase or decrease the input gain from external sources in settings .., when I hit work in morn will have a look at hand book and forward on here
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
5,080 Posts
George F-pace2016 said:
any luck with this? my 380w system only seems to go up to 38. is there an option to get this up to 60? if so please let me know...
Must say I had the upgraded system in my evoque and have the same system in my fpace and as per my previous thread the system in the fpace is no where near as good so like me and others you may find the fpace system is a little lacking in volume and sub punch. Sorry to be bearing bad news.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
307 Posts
I'm sure you would have tried this already, but the volume on the phone sets it's self to mid volume so you need to manually adjust it up. Also the volume playing though a iPhone of any other input source is a lot quieter than the radio, this happens on an evoque which has the same system. Been caught out many a time switching from iPhone to radio and deafening myself
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
thanks doug, yes tried that when using bluetooth, when i connect via a cable for spotty however i don't seem to be able to change the volume on the iPhone... radio volume is also not very loud, especially when on motorway... think the only way is to install larger amp... seems ridiculous to do as a 380w system should be more than enough....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,228 Posts
Hey George .. sounds to me like there's something wrong with your set up .. the 380W goes plenty loud enough ... sorry? repeat myself? Oh OK .. I SAID THE 380W GOES PLENTY LOUD ENOUGH ... :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
141 Posts
Hi George

I'm with JLR5 on this.

Can I just check - Are you certain you have the ITCP 380 W system? The reason I ask is that in the demo/ service cars I've driven they all had the base ITP (Normal binnacles -80W music I think??) and they all were limited to max volume 38 - which I agree is not that loud.

My FPace has the 380W ITCP system and I like my music loud but rarely can stand to have it 45+. Music at volume setting 38 on mine is way way louder than the base system. For the record I'm delighted with my music system especially with Spotify Premium (Enhanced) or Qobuz tracks. Maybe I got lucky but it is streets ahead of Dynaudio / Bose or Burmeister systems I've had previously.

I would go to dealer to get it checked out. Hope you get sorted.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
36 Posts
I had the upgraded system in my evoque and have the same system in my fpace and as per my previous thread the system in the fpace is no where near as good so like me and others you may find the fpace system is a little lacking in volume and sub punch. Sorry to be bearing bad news
+1, totally agree

I've played around with mine a bit and have gotten it to where I'm OK with the sound / volume (maybe just getting used to it). The quality of the input source and input volume definitely make a difference.

Overall must admit the Evoque setup was better. I'll chalk that up to cabin acoustics and speaker placement.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
349 Posts
Seems this is an issue some are suffering from, will add it to the delivery checklist.
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
As my car is at the dealer for almost 6 weeks, I have an Evoque (last generation) since 4 weeks as a replacement and had an XE before.
The sound also goes up to 38 and is much louder in the Evoque than what I have in the F-Pace (with 380W upgrade but no ICTP). I can confirm that the radio is louder than an iPod connected via USB in the Evoque.

I don't think I have the 380W upgrade in the Evoque (I will check if there is the meridian sign on the speakers tomorrow).

In the XE (with 380W upgrade) the sound is much louder than the Evoque and no difference between iPod connected via USB and radio.
Sound was better in my Evoque first generation with the 380W upgrade though.

I have tried the 380W system with ICTP in my colleague's F-Pace and the sound was much better and louder than the one I have without ICTP.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,228 Posts
That's a good point. There are two different 380W systems. The 380W system with standard ICT has the version without DSP and the version with the ICTP comes with a DSP. Might account for some people's different experiences with 380W systems.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
5,080 Posts
Mig said:
As my car is at the dealer for almost 6 weeks, I have an Evoque (last generation) since 4 weeks as a replacement and had an XE before.
The sound also goes up to 38 and is much louder in the Evoque than what I have in the F-Pace (with 380W upgrade but no ICTP). I can confirm that the radio is louder than an iPod connected via USB in the Evoque.

I don't think I have the 380W upgrade in the Evoque (I will check if there is the meridian sign on the speakers tomorrow).

In the XE (with 380W upgrade) the sound is much louder than the Evoque and no difference between iPod connected via USB and radio.
Sound was better in my Evoque first generation with the 380W upgrade though.

I have tried the 380W system with ICTP in my colleague's F-Pace and the sound was much better and louder than the one I have without ICTP.
If the speakers say Meridian its the 825 Watt system for sure.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
5,080 Posts
JLRnumber5 said:
^ I thought it was if they say "surround" that signals its 825W
Nope, Meridian.
 

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
5,080 Posts
JLRnumber5 said:
Sorry read the post properly now. Thought you were talking about the FP not the Evoque.

I do miss those lovely speaker covers!
No worries, yes i also miss how good the sound was, just wish the Fpace sounded the same.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,228 Posts
Yup. Three things I miss about my old Evoque Si4 ..

The audio
The ride around town
The noise (or lack of)

Still prefer the FP though but the Evoque was a damn good car.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
5,080 Posts
JLRnumber5 said:
Yup. Three things I miss about my old Evoque Si4 ..

The audio
The ride around town
The noise (or lack of)

Still prefer the FP though but the Evoque was a damn good car.
Yes, and i still see mine weekly as its parked at a hospital close to where i travel and i go past it at least once a week, its stayed very close to where i live which is quite unusal and it does bring back memories of the bass line dropping hard, not the fart noise i get in the FP :lol:
 
1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top