Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I just received an email saying my InControl Secure subscription was coming to an end. The end date is exactly 1 year from the date it was delivered.

I bought it new and thought all included subscriptions were meant to be active for the duration of the warranty period.

I can see from my account that the other InControl subscriptions like navigation, for example, do indeed expire 3 years from new.

Is the Secure subscription different and only given for 1 year from new?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
554 Posts
I just looked at a 'personalised brochure' I prepared in October 2020 and it says 12-month subscription to Secure Tracker. When my car was new then if the Secure Tracker option was selected the subscription was, as you say, for the life of the warranty i.e. 3 years.

·
Registered
206 Posts
My F Pace was new in 2018 & all the subscriptions lasted 3 years, I would check with your St(D)ealer. I renewed mine for year 4 for £36. :cool:

·
Registered
F-Pace D300 HSE. Hakuba Silver
46 Posts
My F Pace was new in Nov 21 and the secure traffic subscription expires one year after the date I received the car. The other subscriptions expire in 2024.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Mine is same as above. If you don’t renew don’t forget it may affect your insurance as the tracker is no longer active.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sounds like 1 year for the tracker might be the norm. They want £376 for a 2 year renewal. The £36 mentioned above sounds like a steal compared to the current renewal price.

·
Registered
554 Posts
I could be wrong but I think the £36 mentioned is for renewal of the InControl Remote/Protect - that's what I was quoted last year. I was also quoted £260 p.a. for InControl Secure/Secure Tracker or £416 for 2 years, so £376 is a good price.

·
Registered
27 Posts
The higher price is indeed for the added Secure Tracker (Thatcham Category S7) capability, and there is a (small) saving for the 2-year deal. I haven’t had the ‘highest’ Tracker Pro (Thatcham Cat S5) facility….
My MY21 car also has only 1 year initially on the inbuilt SIM card for music streaming etc - although for some reason that was just extended for me by 3 months - and I am currently awaiting what follow-on deal is offered for that capability.….it will not be that cheap I am sure !!
Note the ability for the car to continue uploading OTA software updates is a different SIM and not affected.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I’ve had the same extension as DtheB on my MY 21 and will be very interested to know what they are going to try and charge for data going forward.
If it’s a crazy price I’ll just bin it and turn my phone into a wifi hotspot connecting the pivi to that.

·
Registered
42 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Good tip for older models, noting MY21 cars have no accessible SIM slot besides the 2 inbuilt SIM cards….
Ah, I wasn't aware of that. So MY21+ owners are reliant on Jaguar providing the data connection and pay whatever is asked, else don't have mobile data?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Unfortunately that is the case, I queried this with JLR when I purchased my MY 21 and was told that the E-sim is tied to the JLR supplier (02) and would not be released. I have suggested that it was illegal to tie a person to a specific provider and the reply was that as it is in a bundle service apparently it’s allowed. !!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Regardless of inbuilt SIM or plug in slot, you can always connect the car to your phone as a mobile hotspot….and new phone deals nowadays offer lots Gbs monthly….likely any JLR follow-on deals for the inbuilt SIM will not be very competitive….will let you know around July….

·
Registered
42 Posts
Regardless of inbuilt SIM or plug in slot, you can always connect the car to your phone as a mobile hotspot….and new phone deals nowadays offer lots Gbs monthly….likely any JLR follow-on deals for the inbuilt SIM will not be very competitive….will let you know around July….
Yes, of course you can. However, this is a pain to do each time you enter the car, accepting you may be able to allow this connection automatically and leave your hotspot turned on permanently. I know I get a much weaker mobile phone reception on my device when it's in my pocket, inside the car, than the built-in user data SIM provides, with its antenna in the roof mounted sharkfin. In my mind, begrudgingly having to pay an over-inflated price through Jaguar for the data would be the easiest and hassle-free option, the cost just added to the grand scheme of running the car. It's not as though it's unaffordable if we're running such cars.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts