Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone experienced complete InControl Pro failure? My 3.0 S' with bells & whistles and less than 2000 miles completely crashed out. Dealer says new screen needed, not in stock. Was slow to boot, often get 'Navigation not available' :x

·
Registered
98 Posts
Mine has started saying navigation unavailable over last few days, see if it gets worse or screen goes blank ?

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Satnav takes a while to load up, from memory it says satnav initialising and it gets four coloured rectangles that kind of alternately rotate and spin...... Been several minutes sometimes!!

·
Registered
539 Posts
If you press the nav icon from the home screen straight after the car starts you will get the four spinning rectangle things.

If you try to press the physical nav button on the dash you will get 'navigation not available'.

You just have to be patient when first getting into the car, it does take a minute or so.

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
It takes a little while to loads due to all the apps etc that's on the system, as others have said it will load up, if you want to jump in the car and go perhaps think about the remote start as this would mean the car will be ready as soon as you enter the vehicle.

·
Registered
688 Posts
The above was the same info my dealer was telling me yesterday. Seems the system needs a moment or two on starting the car for all the components to be ready. Likened it to starting up a PC and the time it takes for it to be operational. Seems completely unintuitive if that's what it takes

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
jinjin said:
The above was the same info my dealer was telling me yesterday. Seems the system needs a moment or two on starting the car for all the components to be ready. Likened it to starting up a PC and the time it takes for it to be operational. Seems completely unintuitive if that's what it takes
If it remained on or even in sleep mode it would drain the battery so by shutting it all down it prolongs the battery when the car is not in use.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I'm longing to get back to Mercedes' superb COMAND system I've had in my last three cars - it works intuitively and reliably!

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
stevealexr1 said:
I'm longing to get back to Mercedes' superb COMAND system I've had in my last three cars - it works intuitively and reliably!
You want to try BMW's Idrive if you think the Mercedes Command is good!

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
Personally the Jaguar system blows away the Mercedes system in terms of functions etc.

Must admit though the BMW system is very good.

Please rember these in car systems are becoming more and more like a home pic with what they can do and apps etc so it will be like starting up a laptop and it takes time to load everything but once loaded it will certainly be a thing of beauty.

As I posted previously if you remote start your can even 2 minutes before you enter the car your have a up and running system plus the added benefit of having the car either per warmed or cooled.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Jagfpacejk said:
Personally the Jaguar system blows away the Mercedes system in terms of functions etc.

Please rember these in car systems are becoming more and more like a home pic with what they can do and apps etc so it will be like starting up a laptop and it takes time to load everything but once loaded it will certainly be a thing of beauty.

As I posted previously if you remote start your can even 2 minutes before you enter the car your have a up and running system plus the added benefit of having the car either per warmed or cooled.
Going to have to get into the habit of doing that where possible in advance

·
Registered
29 Posts
This is ridiculous; no one should have to start a car early remotely to allow the infotainment system to boot up and settle down before one wants to drive off (or worse still, select reverse gear which will often generate the crashed black "CAMERAS" locked screen).

I've formally told JLR that I wish to reject my less than six month old XE-S and may contact the national and motoring press (plus BBC Watchdog) as it is outrageous they are continuing to sell a system that is so inherently flawed...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Jagfpacejk said:

No good if all these functions don't work though! I'd rather have a quarter of the functions if the system was actually reliable...

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
stevealexr1 said:
Jagfpacejk said:

No good if all these functions don't work though! I'd rather have a quarter of the functions if the system was actually reliable...
Not everyone is having issues, touch wood it all works for me.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Jagfpacejk said:
stevealexr1 said:
Jagfpacejk said:

Not everyone is having issues, touch wood it all works for me.
Do you have the 10.2" screen?? Seriously you cannot suffer no issues???? CD player wont playback and upload discs. Mind you, if you have a basic FE with no options then that might be the reason........tag on some serious options and boom we have issues......JLR!!!! You hearing this?basic car, no issues cars with lifestyle options and its a "mucking fuddle"!!!! Sort it out as my car gets rejected next week!!!!! Bye bye £63k!!!! What a shame......such arrogance from a supplier!!!!

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
CarlFRZ434 said:
Do you have the 10.2" screen?? Seriously you cannot suffer no issues???? CD player wont playback and upload discs. Mind you, if you have a basic FE with no options then that might be the reason........tag on some serious options and boom we have issues......JLR!!!! You hearing this?basic car, no issues cars with lifestyle options and its a "mucking fuddle"!!!! Sort it out as my car gets rejected next week!!!!! Bye bye £63k!!!! What a shame......such arrogance from a supplier!!!!
I have loads of extras as I have the 1st edition version, as stated everything in that respect at present touch wood works.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts