Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When in Stop/Start mode car shuts down periodically as if Stop button had been pressed (i.e engine stops, gear selector returns to Park and lowers to home position. To re-start I have to get out then lock and unlock car. On one occasion I had to do this 3 times. I had done 1300 miles before it first happened. Dealer has had it in and found a loose earth bolt but this hasn't cured the problem, I am now turning off Stop/Start, unless of course I forget. Any Ideas?

2 Ltr Auto with Adaptive Dynamics and Incontrol Touch Pro

G

·
Hello and Welcome to the forum.

This certainly is a new one to me, I have not heard of it as an issue before.

When does this occur? is it when you pull up to lights, i.e. you stop the car and it stops the engine for "fuel saving"? or is it just when you park up?

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Wow, I have to say that a new and horrible one to have! Good luck getting it sorted

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It happens when stationary in traffic or lights. the normal Stop/Start will function for a while but I have had the issue after a mile or 2 and sometimes only after around 15 miles. Doesn't seem to matter whether engine is warm or cold. never happens with Stop/Start off.

G

·
peter68 said:
It happens when stationary in traffic or lights. the normal Stop/Start will function for a while but I have had the issue after a mile or 2 and sometimes only after around 15 miles. Doesn't seem to matter whether engine is warm or cold. never happens with Stop/Start off.
Sounds very odd, and very worrying, I think it is definitely needs a trip to your local service department.

·
Super Moderator
5,033 Posts
Would say thats a 100% a safety issue as you may find someone not expecting that and pulls away and hits you in the rear of the car not expecting you to go, i know they should not but thats why they are called accidents.

100% worth getting checked out.

I turn mine off every time as i hate it and wish you could turn it on and off and it remember.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Jagfpacejk said:
I turn mine off every time as i hate it and wish you could turn it on and off and it remember.
Same ... it's even the same in my other halfs Tiguan, have to turn it off ever time ... it isn't as bad on a manual, but auto's I find the lag too much

·
Registered
688 Posts
I always shudder at the constant stop start and the thought of what wear and tear it was doing. The Diesel engine starting probably sounds harsher each time too

·
Super Moderator
5,033 Posts
Don't mind manufactures offering this but really do i have to turn it off every time, why can off not just be off?

You can remove a fuse from a fuse box at the rear but why should i, off is off.

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
^ If I travel the 1.5 miles from my house to the train station in rush hour the car auto-stops around 30 times. I refuse to believe whatever it's saving me in fuel isn't being negated by additional wear and tear!

·
Registered
117 Posts
2 things I would try, use the other key fob, check seat belt is clicking home properly.
But certainly book it in at the dealer, needs sorting.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Jagfpacejk said:
Would say thats a 100% a safety issue as you may find someone not expecting that and pulls away and hits you in the rear of the car not expecting you to go, i know they should not but thats why they are called accidents.

100% worth getting checked out.

I turn it off , The stop start is far too sensitive for me.

·
Registered
2 Posts
This has happened to me twice at the local traffic lights within 2days and then wouldn't start at all on the drive (thank goodness). Jaguar assist excellent , taken to garage and provided a fault code which showed up as a permanent fault. The service girl said that this was a good thing easier to find. Still in the garage awaiting technician, has now mentioned the earth cable so will wait and see next week.

R-sport, privacy glass, folding mirrors, rear view camera Black with red and black interior 2litre auto

·
Registered
2 Posts
I now have my car back, thank goodness it did the shut down when the mechanic took it out. Anyway they have changed the starter motor!!!! Not good after 3000miles but let's hope that it is now fixed as I really like the car

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.