Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Waynem said:

Shows size against evoque in back ground
Great find. I'm very much afraid that all those pre-production issues will remain, I can't believe Jaguar would fitted inferior switchgear and plastics for the press to complain about.

The plastic covering over the rear door arches are awful really disappointed with that and I'm almost 100% sure they will remain in the production car.

The leather seats are vinyl with very little leather content, most manufactures do this these days. I think it should have a minimum content of leather to legally be called leather. It's no worse than dakota leather and will be easier to maintain. My issue is that they use the same leather in the S model and for a £50k+ car that isn't good enough.

The 22" wheels on that car are fitted with 265/40 22 (yes I was looking that closely) wheels but the spec sheet states 265/45 22

I have a FE on order and I'm starring to have my doubts now - is it really worth £65k?

·
Registered
539 Posts
The leather in the FE is nicer than the S.

I'm having the same concerns as you at the moment, my S is spec'd to 60k plus - and whilst I absolutely love the looks, does it feel special enough inside?

·
Banned
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I too have a FE on order ...my worry is when are they going to release road reviews as time is getting close to release dates , imagine negative reviews with very little time to alter any thing :eek: ....review them now I say... What's the delay ?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Im concerned about the interior quality too. I remember sitting in a RRS sport and thinking it felt like a luxury yacht. After viewing an XF i didnt come away thinking it was a luxury interior. I have been driving S-line Audi's for many years and their interiors have always felt top class.

My dealer said demonstrators wont be in the showroom until April. The issue being that a firm order will likely have to be placed before we see a production model or a production road review

·
Registered
154 Posts
Waynem said:
I too have a FE on order ...my worry is when are they going to release road reviews as time is getting close to release dates , imagine negative reviews with very little time to alter any thing :eek: ....review them now I say... What's the delay ?
I believe road reviews will not be available until April and that is when my FE is expected to be delivered.

I still haven't signed a sales agreement (which is a good thing) the only item I have is a letter of intent with my £1000 deposit which is fully refundable. Infact when I mentioned this to my salesman the other day he checked on the system and was unable to do one. The FE isn't on the system to place an order against.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Great review with practical insights.

That's the first time I've noticed how much the rear styling impacts on rear visibility. Hmmmm something else that will need exploring in real world driving.

Also interesting to see battery location.

Does anyone know where the Adblue filler cap is on the diesels? I found some video on the Jaguar website showing it inside the boot on a saloon.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Its disappointing that there are so few options for the interior upholstery on the supposedly range topping 'S' models. Why not also allow the option of Windsor leather as found on 'Portfolio' models?

·
Registered
38 Posts
I was going to lock my spec in tomorrow, I've changed my mind now.

·
Registered
381 Posts
This was taken on the launch car. Slightly different from the previous pic

Attachments

·
Registered
381 Posts
It's one review, one person's opinion of a pre-production car.

Ok, so it's the longest video review to date but to get a rounded experience of the car perhaps he needs to have DRIVEN it before completely dismissing the 22's for example. JLR and Ian Callum are not first timers at this.

I'm keeping the faith that there will be a marked difference between pre production and actual. Hopefully that faith is not mis-placed. It wasn't on my Evoque.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Well it looks like the new Top Gear crew and Eddie Jordan are road testing the F-Pace out in Durban, SA, this weekend. We must be getting close to the press reviews... (Thanks to @dlamininicholas for the heads up).

Attachments

1 - 20 of 25 Posts