Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I asked this question in another section and no one answered :cry: so I'm asking again :D

9 things you should know states:

"Shoddy Jag infotainment is a thing of the past
If you own a Jaguar - a new XE perhaps - you'll have noticed that it's blighted by an unresponsive touchscreen and Fisher Price graphics. But no longer do you have to suffer such atrocities - the F-Type (sic) has a new-generation infotainment system called InControl Touch. Actually the top-spec InControl Touch Pro is the one to go for with its 10.2-inch widescreen, erm, screen that features crystal clear graphics and does without buttons altogether."

I'm not going for pro because I'm not techy and I didn't think I would use all it has to offer. Does anyone know if the ordinary In Control Touch in the FP is "new generation" as suggested by the description above or is it the Fisher Price graphics version of the XE?

I'm a bit worried because the XE is quite new so if it's got the old system then surely this is what will be in the FP? :?

Can anyone help?

catalyst

·
Registered
453 Posts
Ah well i have had a play with the standard incontrol and it seems pretty good to me, there are two versions of the Pro there is the £1200 and i think £2500 the pro does give you a little more interactivity and functionality from what i can see and the 825w system has incredible sound but they standard is perfectly good if your not a HIFI buff

·
Registered
30 Posts
The standard incontrol is a new system - and is a step on from previous versions as seen in the xe.... And in isolation. Is a fine system...but.....

The reason why the incontrol pro is an expensive addition to this is that it gives you a bigger screen, more functionality DVD hdd for music storage etc and also gives the driver view screen, all electronic rev counter, mileometer etc. The enhanced also gives a meridian system hifi - a top end system akin to Bose etc. in Audi. It's a cracking set up - pity it's £1700 extra!

I've played with both on launch days and in showroom on release and....

If you can afford the extra, then it would be a great addition to have to enhance the overall experience, but it can certainly be lived without as the standard set up is more than adequate.... Boys and toys though!!

·
Registered
948 Posts
If you think the top end 825w Meridian system is akin to a BOSE system in an Audi then it's clearly wasted on you. lol

For many years I sold and fitted high quality car audio systems and the Meridian system is as good as I've heard from an OEM setup, I honestly couldn't make such a comment on an BOSE system. The clarity and separation on offer from the Meridian is second to none, in fact I'd go as far as saying if you are into your music I reckon even at the price it's a bit of a bargain.

·
Registered
453 Posts
luminated said:
If you think the top end 825w Meridian system is akin to a BOSE system in an Audi then it's clearly wasted on you. lol

For many years I sold and fitted high quality car audio systems and the Meridian system is as good as I've heard from an OEM setup, I honestly couldn't make such a comment on an BOSE system. The clarity and separation on offer from the Meridian is second to none, in fact I'd go as far as saying if you are into your music I reckon even at the price it's a bit of a bargain.
I would agree, the Meridian is the dogs bollocks sound wise, ive got an 825w system in my Freelender HSE Lux, and ive speced the top of range meridian in my R Sport

not so sure about those plastic inserts in the 22" Helix wheels tho

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks ShaynyT,

I don't know where you've got your information from because I've been scouring 'tinternet, but I trust what you say and from your comments it would appear that the standard In control touch is a step up from what went before. That'll do me nicely - that's all I wanted to know, not that I can change it now anyway! The pro is the one option I thought I might regret not having, but I'm comforted now.

I thought the In control touch was better than the old system, but I wasn't certain.

Thank tou.

·
Registered
453 Posts
catalyst said:
Thanks ShaynyT,

I don't know where you've got your information from because I've been scouring 'tinternet, but I trust what you say and from your comments it would appear that the standard In control touch is a step up from what went before. That'll do me nicely - that's all I wanted to know, not that I can change it now anyway! The pro is the one option I thought I might regret not having, but I'm comforted now.

I thought the In control touch was better than the old system, but I wasn't certain.

Thank tou.
Hey know worries I'm pretty sure the incontrol will satisfy you no end I believe from the digging with the sales man I've been doing it has similar if not same mother board and main processor, all the upgrades plug in to it like the bigger screen and the digital instrument screen cd/DVD player etc sat nav there is other stuff on the car that interfaces with this system but couldn't tell you how right now ... Just be assured it's probably better than you may be expecting

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
For those of us who have configured standard In Control Touch, I spoke to a rep today and he confirmed that this is a new system. It does not have all the app facilities of the pro but otherwise it is the same system i.e. fast and responsive and decent graphics.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.