Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Ha, Ha. (I presume you are joking.)
I had one of these out for a day around the Cotswolds. (60th Birthday present) My arms still ache from the steering and I still have a nervous shake because of the damn awful brakes.
Fabulous experience though I've never seen so many cameras. This one was red .... and it was sunny.
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Car Vehicle

BTW....... It's not my house ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
^^ Is this one of these "never meet your heroes" moment...I had one of them with a Countach a few years back, the driving experience did not live upto the look, as per Top Gear a few years back

·
Registered
143 Posts
F-Pace S said:
^^ Is this one of these "never meet your heroes" moment...I had one of them with a Countach a few years back, the driving experience did not live upto the look, as per Top Gear a few years back
Hi F-Pace,
The day was great and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Just glad I didn't have it for a week.
I was really pleased to get back into my (then) brand new Evoque.

·
Super Moderator
5,033 Posts
Timbo62 said:
F-Pace S said:
Hi F-Pace,
The day was great and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Just glad I didn't have it for a week.
I was really pleased to get back into my (then) brand new Evoque.
Its what real driving is about, no fancy computers or power steering or assisted brakes, reminds me of when I first was driving we had nothing, no ABS or traction control, you soon learnt how to drive without all these modern day assists.

Personally I liked some of the old school as you had a better feel of what the car was doing under you.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Been there, done that, the E Type is gorgeous to look at but that's it, they are noisy, uncomfortable, hot, draughty, smelly and very heavy to drive. I ran one for 12 yrs until the wife forced me to change it - for an XK8, even I had to admit she was right and it has been a good car.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.