Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

I have a visit booked in with a dealer to have a long play around and test with the ICTpro and also the parking aids etc.
I know there have been numerous reported issues but if anyone has info on how to reproduce some of the problem so I can do some testing and show the dealer so we can have them resolved would be great. Assume nobody has had the ICTPro and parking sensors resolved yet?
Any other items for me to test let me know and will go through as much as possible.
I am visiting on Monday 8th August.
The more the dealers know the better for all of us.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
One issue...is the CD player......skip tracks on the steering control & use steering control volume. Any luck the cd locks up, goes mute! You try to eject and nothing screen says clean disc reinsert but you can't as the disc won't eject.

2nd issue try parking sensors out and selecting different camera views sometimes cameras lock out/ not available.

3rd issue Full lock reverse rear parking sensor audio crackles and its like an electric static buzz

4th issue pull & stop whilst TV selected.....TV does not initiate on screen.

5th issue front parking sensors have mind of their own picking up things not there and ignoring stuff I am about to hit.

6th issue rear vehicle approach warning comes on flashing red triangle when it's just a static obstacle.

7th issue. CD track numbers scroll round like a stopwatch on other occasions when cd jams up!

8th issue Screen won't come on at all!! Remains blank from start of ignition.

And there are more! Just use the system try the volume and skip functions to lock up the audio, try the parking sensors and selecting different camera views hopefully that will create an issue.

Currently Jaguar are getting both barrels from me and I have already registered this fault being known at pre launch and post release to public so reserve my rights to reject the car, even after a reasonable period whilst they seek a solution. The issue is being elevated to a Senior Manager as I refuse to have lip service from customer relations!! I want my car fixed and working as the driver AIDS are a menace not an aid!! My £63k was reliable I expect the car to be. The brochure did not mention intermittent failings and they weren't shown as an Option on my order form either!

·
Registered
55 Posts
On Monday my car will go in for the third time for ICTPro.
Second time for shock absorbers noice.
That is during 1300 km.
I took the car for my vacation (3000 km) before the third upgrade and had some new experience; my AC stopped working one day, next day it worked again, but then the auto start/stop stopped working and that is still broken.

I have also the same problem with sensors in the front, not working or warning for nothing.

The ICTPro is like artificial life that tryes to make you crazy, you never know what will work and what will be broken over the day or weeks.

The stereo I haven't tried except the radio and the radio has now decided to start every time I try to start the car.

I also had problems with the car not finding the key, even if it's not being blocked.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hello everyone,

I suppose I am an imposter here as an unfortunate owner of an XE-S. The XE forum seems to be inhabited by people who are in complete denial as to just how bad the XE is. I have so many faults with it (delivered May 2016) but my main issue is with the hopeless, flaky and constantly crashing ICT Pro infotainment system. I've had it all, losing ability to "see" my iPod, no carousel of album art, hopeless sat nav that forgets the route after a 5 minute petrol stop but, most annoying of all, if you select reverse too quickly after a start, I get the black locked up "CAMERAS" screen that will only clear if you reboot the system by shutting off the engine and locking the car for 15 minutes.

This is all completely unacceptable. This will definitely be my first and last British designed / built car (had three new Mercedes before - last was E400 AMG Cabriolet). The XE-S feels like such a step backwards.

I have written a letter of complaint to Andrew West (Customer Service Director) and have a call booked with his team this week. I basically want to reject the car but think, legally, I have to give JLR one attempt to fix the wretched car.

I think we all need to get together and send something off to the motoring press and / or BBC Watchdog!

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Puzzles me how patient some people are?? I'm stuck as I dislike German brands and would never ever buy a BMW, friend of mine has had so much crap with each one he has bought. Love the FP, the styling, size ride handling. Yes some trims are a bit plastic, window switched are in stupid position and reflect on side window at night affecting door mirror view. But I can live with that! The ICTP however needs fixing and fixing quick. My car is already in the cusp of rejection having advised the dealer they can have it back for third software patch but if its not resolved, I want replacement as some people claim their ICTP is fine. I just want an FP that works. Maybe that is the threat to JLR who I am in direct correspondence with over the various issues, most of which I have videoed as proof of their occurrence. I can't believe JLR have been so tardy over this huge fault, and the cars are continued to be sold with this known problem.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I think all the poor XE, XF and F Pace owners having to suffer the awful ICT Pro system should all write to the motoring press and BBC Watchdog. JLR's secrecy about this known major fault would then be blown apart...

·
Registered
922 Posts
I wonder is it just UK / Europe having this many issues? I can't believe that the most important customers to Jag over the pond would put up with any problems... :? Without putting a claim in for compensation and stress related illness due to one of the many functions on thier car not working :shock: :eek: .. i.e., having to turn your head to look behind because the camera went down... :roll: Or even worse having to get out and look for themselves.. :lol: :lol:
Think I read a while ago about someone on here being very active on the USA site also ?

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
The US site is full of folk with ICTP issues, it's no different than what you guys are experiencing. There has been some talk about invoking what they call 'US Lemon Laws' which varies state by state.

One very active member, Trek, lost access to his car for 3wks because the dealer blew the system trying to take an update! Poor fellow has just got his CB First Edition back and now someone has keyed it in a Manhattan car park.

As others have said, it will be resolved because it is looking like software conflicts and coding errors. But it'll take time. They're clearly working on it and it seems to me that folk have only one of two choices..... wait and see the problems become less frequent as patches are released gradually or use it as a basis to reject the car.

We can debate and post for an eternity about how wrong and frustrating it is. And it is, on both counts! But the reality is as you are experiencing it. Creating heat on social media and other channels is useful to ensure Jaguar do all they can to resolve this asap. But that's the purpose unless it also makes folk feel better too, which is a valid reason.

If I were experiencing this and chose to reject the vehicle then I would probably take a replacement F-Pace for the reasons Carl has repeatedly stated. But I would drop ICTP or configure far fewer options that conflict with it so that I can enjoy a flawless ownership experience. Some ICTP folk say that their systems work perfectly and so it seems that there is a combination that doesn't cause the glitches and meltdowns.

Just to be clear..... I would also be mad about it. I mean, what's the point of having fancy SatNav if, at the very moment you need it most in a complex interchange somewhere, it freezes up! So I get the issue and agree completely with you.

But all I am saying is that it seems to me that there are only two options here - forbearance or get out on a reject package.

I feel for you, especially you Carl.

Arianne

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
I'm sure we will get it sorted in the end one way or another. My biggest issue is JLR's arrogance to keep rolling these cars out without so much as "we are terribly, we are working on it, please bear with us." It's quite appalling they expect us to simply tolerate the issue like mushrooms it ting in the dark dealing with shite!

We shall see what this week brings after mine has gone in for repair.

I suspect it will be stage two of rejection!!!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Perhaps another issue is that not everyone is having problems so its inconsistency. So far I have not had any of the issues dominating this forum on my FE, including the squeaky springs (perhaps I am tempting fate!). The odd time, about twice since I got the car in May the Incontrol Pro has not started fully, but a quick switch off and re-start has always cleared it. I think you have to remember it is a computer and just like most Windows PC's it not infallible on boot up. My Sony Windows 10 laptop is far less reliable than the FE. All my recent cars, including German ones, have had the very same boot-up issues, but non have been more than a very slight inconvenience once in a while. I. do give the car a few seconds to get everything up and started before setting off, but it's never more than a few 10's of seconds.

·
Registered
61 Posts
CarlFRZ434 said:
Puzzles me how patient some people are?? I'm stuck as I dislike German brands and would never ever buy a BMW, friend of mine has had so much crap with each one he has bought. Love the FP, the styling, size ride handling. Yes some trims are a bit plastic, window switched are in stupid position and reflect on side window at night affecting door mirror view. But I can live with that! The ICTP however needs fixing and fixing quick. My car is already in the cusp of rejection having advised the dealer they can have it back for third software patch but if its not resolved, I want replacement as some people claim their ICTP is fine. I just want an FP that works. Maybe that is the threat to JLR who I am in direct correspondence with over the various issues, most of which I have videoed as proof of their occurrence. I can't believe JLR have been so tardy over this huge fault, and the cars are continued to be sold with this known problem.
Reading about your experience is making me wonder if I should pull the ICTP from the order, Carl. Is there a thread or vote on the forum that gives an idea of the proportion of owners having issues vs those that are not?

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
If I were reading these, as I did before I did my final lock in.....order the Full ICTP!!! Once JLR get their act together it will be awesome!! I'd rather suffer issues and eventually get the system than order the slim line version. You always have the law on your side to reject the car if you get cold feet and ask for a replacement with the std set up. I'm holding out on JLR fixing the issue as I think apart from the ICTP being crap at the moment, the car is awesome!! Once the fixes are in place happy days!!! Go for the ICTP you won't regret it !!

·
Registered
61 Posts
PeterT
I have a 3.0d S with a similar spec to the one that you have on order - ICTP 380w, 14 way memory seats, tracker.
I haven't had any problems with the ICTP except that it is sensitive about which CD it likes. Not really a problem as I usually use an iPod or Bluetooth from my iPhone.

·
Registered
61 Posts
HS60 said:
PeterT
I have a 3.0d S with a similar spec to the one that you have on order - ICTP 380w, 14 way memory seats, tracker.
I haven't had any problems with the ICTP except that it is sensitive about which CD it likes. Not really a problem as I usually use an iPod or Bluetooth from my iPhone.
Thanks HS60, that's some reassurance. I rarely play CDs in the car too, so I will leave it on the order and hope that as CarlFRZ434 says that they will sort it out by the time I get mine, which is currently 5 or 6 months from now. :cry:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.