Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Caesium Blue First Edition 3.0d V6 :)
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just bought a 2016 first edition, so has most of the bells & whistles as standard. I managed to get Jaguar Remote & Maps updated ove the last couple of days. But the ICTP looks like it has never been updated since day dot.

Jaguar site only refers back to 2017 model year, but instructions there say connect with Mobile SIM or via WiFi then under all settings, connectivity there should be a software update option, but this does not exist in mine when connected to WiFi, no mobile data sim yet.

Anyone have any experience with this ?

Thanks

·
Registered
132 Posts
If you have 4 tiles on the home screen rather than the current 3, you have old firmware which doesn't support OTA updates (or CarPlay). Needs to be dealer updated first.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks I'll check with the dealer, also explains why I can't see some options that are in the 2017 guide !

·
Registered
132 Posts
My ICTP is in a 2018 model, I'm not sure if there are any major differences between the 2016 and 2018 models, aside from yours will have a 3G telematics unit, later had 4G. Do you have a SIM slot under the armrest for the user data SIM?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes it has a sim slot, but no sim in it at the moment, as I don't have one & don't really see the need when I can run 4G through my phone wifi hotspot.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I find it easier to just put a 3 data SIM in the SIM slot, saves having to leave wifi hotspot on the phone turned on etc. Currently 24GB/2 year SIM deal on Amazon for £35.
Three Mobile 24 GB data SIM

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the tip. My reluctance was down to not knowing how much data the car would use ove X time period & most sims being on a paymonthly basis. I'll have a look at that fixed price deal.

Dealer is looking into what/if they can do anything to upgrade the ICTP firmware. Not sure if they updated the head unit since the 2016 model year. Do you have any recommendations for a good stable version to run, that less than 6 year old version currently running ?

·
Registered
132 Posts
The dealer is likely to update to the latest version, there's no reason not to, that'll give you the latest ICTP features such as OTA updates (so no more dealer visits) and AndroidAuto/Apple CarPlay. It's only the lesser ICT (non-Pro) that no longer has updates as it's now unsupported.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Thanks for the tip. My reluctance was down to not knowing how much data the car would use ove X time period & most sims being on a paymonthly basis. I'll have a look at that fixed price deal.
I have a SIM from Three that gives the first 200Mb per month free and have yet to reach that limit. I guess if you were travelling a lot every day using the sat nav, or using it as a WiFi hotspot, then you might hit the limit.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for usage info, yes I guess if kids on hotspot, but I rarely have the grand kids in my car, normally use the wifes, as boost/child seats fitted in hers. Just Part-Ex'd my BMW for this F-Pace, it was due for service next month, on its 24 month schdule & in car still shows 9K miles to service & that was after a 1000 miles road trip round England a couple of weeks ago. So not likely to push Sally to hard for updates :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It's going into dealers next week to be looked at, hopefully they can upgrade the Firmware & ICTP software. I'll let you know the result.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So just picked up my car, apparently 4 upgrades required to get to current version. Not checked which version, but has new look 3 panel home screen. Will test functioning when I get some time.

When I checked with my sales guy he had a word with the service department & said I needed to book it in for problems with phone randomly disconnecting so got it done for free 👍

He even offered his company car as a loaner as it would have been another month before the dealership had one available.

I got a brand new E-pace as a loaner, nice car but zero feedback whilst driving, felt like remote control. A little research implies its a re-panelled Evoke 🤔, which I'm reliably informed was originally a re-panelled Freelander 😱

Was much nicer driving the F-pace home 👍

·
Registered
132 Posts
So just picked up my car, apparently 4 upgrades required to get to current version. Not checked which version, but has new look 3 panel home screen.
Once it's showing the 3 panel home screen then you're up-to-date. You'll now be able to receive other new updates over-the-air (OTA) as Jaguar make them available, plus you'll have (wired) Android Auto/Apple Carplay.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yeah got all that. Car play is pretty crap, wold prefer airplay, so can use any app on car screen rather than just apple/android authorised ones 🤬

·
Registered
2 Posts
My original 2016 model went in numerous times for the upgrade in 2020 and I was told the update was crashing so was withdrawn.
Does anyone know if this was reinstated and the update can now be done FOC?

Many thanks
Chris

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
My original 2016 model went in numerous times for the upgrade in 2020 and I was told the update was crashing so was withdrawn.

Many thanks
Chris
This is the version I now have installed.
Rectangle Font Circle Electric blue Magenta

As a used approved it has warranty & my sales guy did me a solid by arranging it with the service team. So free to me as logged under a reported fault. Had the rear wash wipe hose reattached in the front wheel well to. Plus the the parking sensor button is still hit or miss, but need to test it more.

I like the new interface which allows you to create your own screens to the left of the default one. You can add features from many of the other apps in the ICTP into your own quick access list 👍

·
Registered
132 Posts

Many thanks
Chris
The update should be available for your car, assuming you have ICTP. No updates for the non-Pro version, ICT. It's not just one update, there's a sequence needed. It's also not free, why should it be, unless you had a deal with your dealer? You'll need to pay the full retail labour rate for the update by the dealer, though they should quote you for the cost.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Think you hit lucky there - I have read loads of these where silly prices are quoted due to the possibility of bricking the control module - which i think is why yours cjcornish7 was withdrawn - tech probably told the sales team the bill they could face if it went wrong.
I was keen to get ours updated but went for the not broke don't fix option..

1 - 20 of 22 Posts