Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had to drive in the dark early hours, can the centre screen be turned off completely? In my XF I could. I personally didn't like the glow from the screen it seemed distracting. I know the brightness can be adjusted but what about fully off?

·
Registered
453 Posts
Hi and yes the screen can be turned off via the settings pop up screen i think, cant remember properly unless im sat in the car and the screen is in front of me sorry, just know you can turn it of, and i think wake it up by touching the screen again.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Surely just press the power button! The leaper goes away after a moment and your A/C and seat controls etc just work from below? (Obviously if you need your sat nav this doesn't work :) )

On a serious note, there is a screen off setting I believe it is in the general settings menu....

·
Registered
453 Posts
Yes if you hit the power off button the screen goes dead but so does your radio or the media you might want to listen to, to Turn the screen off and leave your media playing its in the pop up settings menu

·
Registered
453 Posts
YVR_Pacer said:
ICTP doesn't have a "power" button. To turn the screen off, you need to hit the Settings button (looks like 2 gears). When the pop-up window appears, hit the power button in the bottom left.
i think what the gentleman above was saying is if you hit the power button on the volume knob it turns of the screen and everything else

·
Registered
85 Posts
Jaguar should have included a roller shutter screen cover to complement the design of that of the cup holder, perhaps at a bargain £200 optional extra.

(I joke of course :) )

·
Registered
363 Posts
Shaunyt said:
YVR_Pacer said:
ICTP doesn't have a "power" button. To turn the screen off, you need to hit the Settings button (looks like 2 gears). When the pop-up window appears, hit the power button in the bottom left.
i think what the gentleman above was saying is if you hit the power button on the volume knob it turns of the screen and everything else
I like being called a gentleman :) thank you very much kind sir...

and +1 for the roller shutter blackout blind :lol:

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks everyone for assistance, the power button only turns off the sound ergo it is a mute button but that's ok it is the same as old XF.

Thanks for the image YVR_Pacer, is your vehicle left hand drive as my brightness and on/off icons are reversed left to right, but the picture was exactly what I needed, I never noticed the on/off icon there before.

·
Registered
453 Posts
jonty1625 said:
Shaunyt said:
YVR_Pacer said:
I like being called a gentleman :) thank you very much kind sir...

and +1 for the roller shutter blackout blind :lol:
We are all gentleman here and or ladies as we aspire to drive a Jaguar :D

·
Registered
208 Posts
It is indeed left hand drive. And unfortunately, hitting the power button on the volume knob simply turns off the audio system, not the entire screen. The only way to turn the entire screen of is via the pop-up shown. Glad it helped!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts