Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As soon as to becomes dark outside instead of dimming the instrument lights it is going to the brightest setting. I can turn the the control to whatever position i want but nothing happens. Only the mood light in the door is dimmed. This stays likes that for about 3 - 4 minutes and then suddenly goes back to the normal setting.

This is the link to the movie. I only started filming after 2 minutes.

Anyone else experienced this. This was also happening before the 2.5 update.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Go to settings and turn off stealth mode, this enables the dimmer switch to work. I have no idea why this is the way it works. Note this was how my car worked before 2.5, not seen it since.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
RaVolVoR said:
Go to settings and turn off stealth mode, this enables the dimmer switch to work. I have no idea why this is the way it works. Note this was how my car worked before 2.5, not seen it since.
As you can see in my video Stealth mode is off because the navigation screen is displayed. In Stealth mode this should be off also. The external auto lights are on. These are the two conditions to change the dimmer.

It seems that for a 4/5 minutes period the instrument cluster is confused. The auto external lights are switched on and the Navigation screen is dark. But the cluster is on full intensity. Switching Stealth mode on and off or turning the dimmer changes nothing.

One more thing on my list. Maybe the december update will fix this. :? :? :? Or the january update. Or the 4.07 update in December 2019 :( :( :( Just kidding ;)

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
redonebe said:
As you can see in my video Stealth mode is off because the navigation screen is displayed. In Stealth mode this should be off also.
I didn't realise this I thought stealth mode just managed the auto dim, oh well, good to know, sorry its of no use to you then!

·
Registered
205 Posts
PERMANENT STEALTH MODE! Last night I tried stealth mode for the first time while driving. It worked well, dimming the mood lighting, heating and control lighting etc and dials when I turned off my ICTP screen. Now I think I had also turned the dimming knob right down before turning on stealth mode. I left the car in this mode and double locked it.

Today however, I started the car only to find that the mood lighting kept dimming after a couple of seconds, the heating and control lighting was dimmed despite it being daytime and the ICTP screen being on. But the main problem was the dials which were dimmed right down in daylight. As if it was still in stealth mode. I tried switching the stealth mode off with and without the headlights on but this had no effect. The dimmer knob also had no effect either with or without the headlights on, or with stealth mode on or off as is mentioned in the book.

Finally I waited until it was dark - unlocked the car (double locked for a couple of hours). The headlights were on auto, I turned on the ICTP screen, I switched off stealth mode and hey presto the dimmer knob now worked and I could restore the brightness to the dials and control lighting. The variable mood lighting came back on ok as well. So if anyone else gets into the same situation where the stealth mode wont seem to switch off in the day time - wait until night time - turn the headlights on - turn on the ICTP screen, turn stealth mode off and then turn the dimmer knob down (if not already) and then up to full and all should be well.

Not mentioned that you have to do this at night in the manual, so I hope it helps anyone else who manages this combination to get permanent stealth mode with variable mood lighting switched off. The night sensor obviously plays its part with the software as well !

Now onto the next combination of five different variables I can mix up to totally confuse myself - toys what toys :)

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
But the most important rule, the rule you can never forget, no matter how much he cries, no matter how much he begs, never feed him after midnight.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts