Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well........I had a call from JLR today that my new ICTP unit is available and being issued to the dealer. Car is now booked in for Mon 3rd for four days to have the new unit installed, a couple of squeaks and rattles done again, and have the front end sorted out as one headlamp unit sits flush to the wing and one is recessed. Once completed, that then leaves me a couple of weeks to test drive the car ahead of my Jexit date of 22 if it all goes wrong!! I sincerely hope it's the fix I need not another cocked up patch!! Fingers crossed!! :( :? :| :|

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Some good steps forward there Carl

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
CarlFRZ434 said:
Well........I had a call from JLR today that my new ICTP unit is available and being issued to the dealer. Car is now booked in for Mon 3rd for four days to have the new unit installed, a couple of squeaks and rattles done again, and have the front end sorted out as one headlamp unit sits flush to the wing and one is recessed. Once completed, that then leaves me a couple of weeks to test drive the car ahead of my Jexit date of 22 if it all goes wrong!! I sincerely hope it's the fix I need not another cocked up patch!! Fingers crossed!! :( :? :| :|
I don't think the major software update is going to be ready by then. They are talking about booking mine back in for 2nd week of October but will confirm on Friday. So you might have a new head unit but it's still going to be running flaky software my friend. Don't hold your breath.

·
Super Moderator
5,032 Posts
Great news its going in to be looked at but as stated there are many dates floating around on here quoting dates during and after your fix dates.

Keep us all updated.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm kinda hoping its literally gonna be the Guinea Pig. If the issues are only software why change the head unit from the boot? Are they just checking latest unit and updated software will work on Mr Grumpy's car?? I have some in depth conversations with JLR but as usual they won't divulge too much.

All we can do is give it a go and see........trying to move forward in a more positive upbeat fashion :lol: ;)

·
Registered
363 Posts
I echo what was said above - release for the new patch is slated as the 10th. Be worth checking the version before you drive off. Think mine which is "the latest" shows as 29th August.

·
Registered
363 Posts
CarlFRZ434 said:
I'll try and validate it chaps. Cheers
Was trying to find where I saw the build / release version - I thought it was in general settings somewhere but it 100% is in the nav settings menu, with an "activation date", "version" and "build date" listed (or something along those lines).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.