Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few weeks ago I got very good help here about how to turn off the ICTPro screen when driving at night - too much cabin glare. This week having turned off said screen I found the digital instruments were very dim on a semi dark motor way where there is some ambient light. I found and tried to turn up the brightness but this tiny little twist knob is disabled if ICTPro screen is switched off. To prove this, turn screen on, instrument brightness can be adjusted, turn screen off and the instrument brightness goes to minimum.... :x ! Rude words !

Jaguar, you can save a few pence per car by removing the little knob and just link the brightness of the two screens together because its totally pointless as it is! Lighting up the whole car interior from the ICTPro screen is not the same as having instruments that are challenging to read in semi dark (motor way lights etc).

Bad design feature in my view, the two functions are independent of each other, and need unrelated solutions, not this!

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok so this is a self help forum now ... I just found out that there is a sealth mode for the ICTPro system. No it doesn't make the car invisible but it does turn down ALL the interior lighting to minimum over riding the instrument brightness control. Now turned off stealth mode and I can turn off central screen and adjust instrument brightness. Little things that keep me happy!

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
RaVolVoR said:
Ok so this is a self help forum now ... I just found out that there is a sealth mode for the ICTPro system. No it doesn't make the car invisible but it does turn down ALL the interior lighting to minimum over riding the instrument brightness control. Now turned off stealth mode and I can turn off central screen and adjust instrument brightness. Little things that keep me happy!
Where's this setting. Only thing I've found is sometimes the blue door lights distract me though I'm getting used to them

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
From memory its general settings and screen saver. One option is the screen saver the other is stealth mode. Sunday I turned screensaver on 2 mins and the red FPace selected. Monday I had engine management light on. Turned car on off three times then turned off screen saver... No engine management light. Monday night still bemused I turned screen saver on and then had gearbox failure warning. The screen saver and me do not get on!

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here's the bit from the handbook, I just tried turning stealth off to see if this helped. Worth noting you can only test this when its dark!

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts