Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,

I am now waiting for a Diesel S
Ammonite Grey with standard 20" wheels. This site identifies the tyres. http://www.camskill.co.uk/m77b0s0p0/SUV_Tyres_-_4x4_Tyres_-_All_Terrain_Tyres_-_Off_Road_Tyres_-_20_inch
Privacy glass
14 way seating including lumbar. (What a pantomime to understand the difference between this and 10 way plus 4 way electric lumbar!)
Adaptive Surface Response
Spacesaver spare
Cupholder cover
Remote rear seat release
Incontrol secure (never seen any mention of insurance on this forum but many insurers require tracker on cars >£40k)
Front mud flaps (keep the body clean!)

I am invited to the Goodwood event on the 17th so looking forward to getting a better feel of what I have ordered!

Happy waiting!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Great spec and you will find lots of S lovers here.

Did you consider the bigger wheels given adaptive dynamics on the S and lots of reviews indicating the 22s look best and other combinations under wheeled. I gave in and upgraded from 20s to 22s.

Not sure I know the difference between the 14 way and lumbar - I thought it was the 10 way plus lumbar. Did you go for memory pack that also gives you the electric steering column?

Lots of pics following your Goodwood trip please...

·
Registered
539 Posts
2wgeese said:
Incontrol secure (never seen any mention of insurance on this forum but many insurers require tracker on cars >£40k)
Hello and welcome!

I mentioned this in another topic, I'll paste it here as you might find it useful....

I've been reading up on this, because I was interested in it too. Are you aware that the Jaguar system is only Thatcham Category 6 tracker, a real "tracker" will be Category 5. Certain insurance companies may not recognise this as being good enough (as found out by Range Rover drivers in London).

The difference being the Cat 5 systems require an additional fob to be with the car, with the Cat 6 InControl Secure system the car is still vulnerable to key cloning - as it will still start and drive away.

I only know this from reading XF and XE owners forums who were asking the same sort of questions when it came out for that.

A Cat 5 tracker can be obtained for around the same price as the InControl Secure, but there is an additional cost per annum.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info. Yes I did understand that the Jaguar system is Cat 6. I spent ages looking at all the options and then the factory fitted vs aftermarket and the quite reasonable price did for me. How far do you take this stuff? Can it be tracked in a shipping container, what level of electromagnetic radiation is required to disable it? After all, I just want to be able to choose whatever insurance company I want and have a reasonable level of anti-theft cover. I will never drive into Central London and at the end of the day, if a bunch of thieves want to work that hard for a vehicle, I suspect that they will get whichever one they want anyway.
Have you made a decision yet?

·
Registered
203 Posts
I've chosen InControl Secure for my diesel S too: see my post in the "I can't decide. Can you? (2 colour choice vote)" topic

Despite it being only Cat 6 I think it's good value for money

A few years ago I bought a new BMW X5 and most insurance companies insisted that a tracking device was fitted, so I had an RAC Trackstar fitted as an aftermarket device. Luckily I never needed to use it!

·
Registered
410 Posts
Ill just go for the Cobra (now Vodafone Automotive) Cat 6 after market (as I did on my Cayenne), about half the price (ex subscription) of the Jag option...

·
Registered
539 Posts
As far as I'm aware (I could be wrong here!), but key cloning is still big business and easy for the criminals to do.

http://www.theguardian.com/money/2014/oct/27/thieves-range-rover-keyless-locking

(unless things have changed since then, but I doubt it - my Evoque never had a recall for any security related updates)

My concern with the Jaguar system is it offers zero protection over a cloned key. The car thinks you are driving it so it wouldn't send you any type of alert.

That's why the aftermarket products have a separate fob that you put with your keys.

I'm with you all here, I'm very tempted with the InControl system, but if I parked my car somewhere and came back to it gone I know I'd be very gutted!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
A Cat5 Trackstar and 3 years subscription will cost well over £1000! It feels like paying for insurance twice; hence the reason I went for the Cat6. factory fitted option, (which includes 3 years subscription). As I said, quite a lot of the insurance companies require a tracker for vehicles costing >£40k.

·
Registered
410 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Love4Life, I did reply to your post but it didn't get included somehow!
I didn't consider 22" wheels. I have seen the debate on the forum but for me, a SUV should not be on 45 profile tyres. They make more road noise, wear faster, ride less smoothly have little sidewall to protect the wheel rims and you will be anxious on any rough non-road surface. Frankly, I think that 55 profile is the right one for SUV's (that would equate to 19" rims).
10 way seats with the £240 lumbar options are different than 14 way seats! They count the adjustments differently and the latter has adjustable side bolsters. I didn't consider memory pack as I had it on my first XF and virtually never used it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.