Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

<t>Help me choose!</t>

• <t>Dark Sapphire Blue</t>

Votes: 11 45.8%
  • <t>Ammonite Grey</t>

Votes: 13 54.2%

I can't decide. Can you? (2 colour choice vote)

11K views 27 replies 15 participants last post by  Mbadger77 
#1 ·
Months of configurator and I'm finally happy with my spec and place the order. Then, I start to question my colour choice this week. Help me out here!!

Attachments

See less See more
#7 ·
It does seem that a few people (here and on the US forum) have been turned off Ammonite after seeing it in the flesh and opted for Rhodium Silver instead in a couple of cases. I'm now planning another a dealer visit over the weekend.

I'm not going for the black pack as I'm banned from black wheels which compliment the black pack so well (wife reckons they look like bin-lids!). Plus, I've already blown my budget so adding the black pack would involve losing something.

I do think the Grey (and Silver) look better with the contrast elements of the black pack though, whereas it's a little lost on dark blue. Although I'm not sold on the rear trim of the black pack instead of the standard silver trim on the S and also the black pack doesn't change the silver trim at the bottom of the front grille on an S from silver to black. That's just a bit random to me.

Thanks for your opinions. Keep them coming!

#8 ·
Glacier white, black pack, privacy glass and 22" black Helix :)

Attachments

#9 ·
DAL said:
Glacier white, black pack, privacy glass and 22" black Helix :)
It's got a panoramic roof too :)

It's almost identical to my pre-order: I've chosen a diesel S with the above plus LED headlights, ASR, InControl Touch Pro, InControl Secure (to keep insurers happy), Practicality Pack, full size spare and heated steering wheel.

In fact I've been discussing it at my dealer today and Glacier White looks great with the black pack on an XF.

Interestingly he says that about 30% of their orders have been for the F-Pace S.

#10 ·
Sounds like we have exactly the same car lol. mine comes to £61k with all the extras :)

#12 ·
Saw Ammonite in the dealership and on the forecourt. Very nice. It does benefit from the black pack to set it off.

I'll stick with DS Blue though.

#13 ·
PaulC said:
Saw Ammonite in the dealership and on the forecourt. Very nice. It does benefit from the black pack to set it off.

I'll stick with DS Blue though.
I think your two colour choices are my preferred options given the blue on the 'loop-the-loop' car isn't available on the S. I'm still tempted by Ammonite Grey subject to seeing it in the flesh. I really like the DS Blue but wonder whether it would suffer like black cars in being difficult to keep looking clean unless you're really OCD on valeting/detailing.

Are you going to spec the DS Blue with the black pack or leave as standard?

The carwow website gives some interesting feedback on the colours:

https://www.carwow.co.uk/blog/jaguar-f-pace-colours-guide-with-prices-0428

#14 ·
A colleague of mine who owns a dark blue car put it best this week. Yes, it shows dirt more that say silver and perhaps grey but it also looks ten times better when clean.

Mine will probably be clean for a month then spend the majority of its life grubby but it'll be a nice change from the monotony of grey and black SUV's and also save me £700 on spec'ing the black pack which would be lost on the blue anyhow

#16 ·
mb8388 said:
........ InControl Secure (to keep insurers happy)......
I've been reading up on this, because I was interested in it too. Are you aware that the Jaguar system is only Thatcham Category 6 tracker, a real "tracker" will be Category 5. Certain insurance companies may not recognise this as being good enough (as found out by Range Rover drivers in London).

The difference being the Cat 5 systems require an additional fob to be with the car, with the Cat 6 InControl Secure system the car is still vulnerable to key cloning - as it will still start and drive away.

I only know this from reading XF and XE owners forums who were asking the same sort of questions when it came out for that.

A Cat 5 tracker can be obtained for around the same price as the InControl Secure, but there is an additional cost per annum.

Hope this helps.

#18 ·
Last minute wobbles for final order placement next week

Any opinions welcome on Dark Sapphire Blue no black pack versus Ammonite Grey with black plack on on an S ? I appreciate Ammonite will be more popular and I've already discounted Black (coming from black Evoque) , white (wife doesn't like) and other colours. The silver accents on the S seem to work with that DSB colour whilst the black pack covers some S-specific silver trim like the front lower splitter and rear bumper trim (shame) but it does come with the black gloss grille which I do like. For me if going Ammonite the black pack adds more to that colour

I do around 10k p.a and drive down a country lane to work so dirt is an issue.

Wanted a colour that was a little different but thinking the blue is very dark almost black and perhaps a little too conservative for me

Cheers

Paul

Attachments

#19 ·
The blue looks great but I'd worry about it always looking dirty if your regular commute is down country lanes. Some of the dark blue paints on Audis are very soft and get stone chips and paint swirls easily.

But Blue will be less common.

Go with your heart - either colour will make you smile.

#20 ·
I am going for ammonite with the black pack but with silver helix, my theory is that it will look meanacing and moody without being to black / black stealth look. I aslo specd pano with black rails to tie everything in with window surrounds and the wheels will have contrast insert Black or grey and will match car or black details too. Interior is red/ jet to pick out the only other small colour on exterior which are the red jag logos. Shame that jag don't include the leaper and jaguar in black on the rear similar to RR pack... Could always get some painted I guess. That's my logic for what it's worth!

#21 ·
I remember a detailing friend of mine telling me dark colours when spotless look the best but are a bitch to keep clean unlike light colour which generally still look clean even when dirty.

Based on that opinion unless you are a bit OCD about cleaning I'd pick the Grey but I'd also consider silver.

#22 ·
Some years ago I had a (don't laugh) Citroen Picasso in dark metallic blue. It only ever looked good (the paint of course, not the car), when it was spotless and in bright sunshine.
I think it was a slightly darker blue than dark sapphire, but it put me off.

Currently have Ammonite selected, but am leaning towards the silver, having seen the photos

#23 ·
Silver did look. Lot better than I thought it would be
Personally the storm grey would be my choice but extra cash.
I've opted for ultimate black but considered blue - wasn't keen on that grey.

I bet either looks great in flesh though

#24 ·
Oh, it's so difficult to decide! I'd say Grey over Blue, if it were me, but we're all different in our preferences.

I've already stated elsewhere how I've been deliberating between Grey or Black, and I thought I'd reached a final decision, but I visited a dealer yesterday and saw an R-Sport XF in Polaris white, with my interior choice of Jet/Taurus, and it looked absolutely superb. If the F-Pace looks as good as that and being 'jacked-up' quite a bit higher then it is going to just be quite stunning. And I told myself I'd never have another white, having been there and done that already several times, but it looks like I'm still not even off 'square one' with colour choice after all!

So, good luck with making your final decision @PaulC

#26 ·
Hi,
I have just joined the forum but I've been reading it since January when I placed my order, so "Hi" everyone.
I have chosen dark sapphire blue so obviously I think you should also. :cool:
I was looking at Ammonite grey, admittedly in January, but it just seemed such a murkey, dull boring colour and there are so many grey cars around, I think it's had its day. Lunar grey would have been nice. I've seen one or two photos in Ammonite and it doesn't do the car justice. There is very little chrome on the car to lift it (unless you're on for black pack of course), so it kinda looks like undercoat IMOH.

What decided me was looking on Jaguar "used approved". If you look at XJ's selecting blue, there are many pics where the blue looks stunning. It's just a classy colour in my opinion. Although only approx. 10% of people have chosen blue, I think those of us that have know why.

I'm sure you'll be pleased with whatever you choose. :D

Me: Portfolio /dark sapphire blue/oyster/19" razor (only) - don't like big alloys and want top comfort)/adaptive dynamics + configurable/sliding pano/CUP HOLDER COVER!/remote release/mud guards/rear side net/heated steering wheel/ basic portfolio InControl - I'm not techy - won't ever use half the things/chrome surround/lumbar adjust/wanted chrome on steering wheel but no way paying £800 for privilege!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.