Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So just for fun today I thought I would share an ETA - why not it's there,

So I've set my journey and on the map click at bottom up comes share ETA - easy.
Select sms or email put in email and contact name. Then all I get is share screen and add new contact
Did that and it adds somebody else so now I have two people on my list to share ETA with and notify if more than 10'mijs late but that's it. Can't press any other button or click share or anything apart from new contact in bottom right
Do that and it just adds another person or number to the list of who I sharing with

Looked at manual and its doesn't give any more than I've already tried.

I'm signed in and have a Nav account by the way

Any ideas ?

·
Super Moderator
5,033 Posts
The green share on the bottom right hand side should turn bright green once you have selected the contact on the left to share the ETA with?

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes that's the other way around but once I select it does t go green - that's my problem.
Let me take a few pics see if that helps

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Unbelievable - just went to car set destination. Went to share and NOW the tick boxes next to each contact or number I could select.
Then I can press the green share button.

Chalk this up to a ICTP problem ? I think it was to do with the 3G - I was logged in earlier and all looked OK but this time when I put in destination it shows me a picture of the building which it didn't earlier.

Strange one but at lesast I know the process and when it's just not working.
Probably never use it to be honest,

·
Super Moderator
5,033 Posts
Mbadger77 said:
Unbelievable - just went to car set destination. Went to share and NOW the tick boxes next to each contact or number I could select.
Then I can press the green share button.

Chalk this up to a ICTP problem ? I think it was to do with the 3G - I was logged in earlier and all looked OK but this time when I put in destination it shows me a picture of the building which it didn't earlier.

Strange one but at lesast I know the process and when it's just not working.
Probably never use it to be honest,
Fingers crossed for you it was just having a bad 5 minutes.

Good to hear it now works.

·
Registered
42 Posts
This happens if it is not showing the 3g signal in top left corner. As soon as 3g reappears the box becomes active and you can check it.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Just for once, not an ICTP problem but rather it's a signal strength problem.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Yes, fair point, you're probably right - it's rare to have less than 3G on phone these days. I'm amazed that some people have found it consistent enough to stream video in the car - it's been nowhere near stable enough to even think about that (not that I have a need to do it).

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
bucksjag said:
Just for once, not an ICTP problem but rather it's a signal strength problem.
No don't think so was in central London on the a40 / westway so full bars 4G and 3G
Probably more a connection issue but it worked out in zone 6 later on :)

·
Registered
473 Posts
so because were I live in the wilds of the Welsh Marches I have next to no mobile signal with any provider at home, the only signal is Voda via my sure signal box that uses my broadband as a phone signal base station repeater giving me 4 bars within 100 feet of the router.

to get round that my car is logged into one of my two wifi routers meaning I have a 8mb signal, it never ever logs me in on that, I always have to attempt to relog in on start up, it doesn't even with wifi connected, drive 5 miles into town and my 3g chip in car connects and I have signal it then auto logs me in.

however I have never ever seen a destination map other than 2d, when connected via wifi on the drive, or stopping the car subsequently in local town with good 3G connection and re-entering the destination, I have given up after 5 weeks of trying its another of those ITCP problems.

its why the dealer is on notice of vehicle rejection if ITCP is not fixed in a reasonable time period, I have told them it doesn't meet sale of goods criteria..

here's hoping the October fix resolves the issues........

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Hi Gman - forgive me if this is a dumb question, but you have set up a Nav Profile right? (ie it does say "Hi Gman" when you start Nav?) .. otherwise you won't get any of the additional data functions on Nav.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
JLRnumber5 said:
Hi Gman - forgive me if this is a dumb question, but you have set up a Nav Profile right? (ie it does say "Hi Gman" when you start Nav?) .. otherwise you won't get any of the additional data functions on Nav.
I've done this and actually until last night I've never seen a 3D actual image of the building I'm driving to.
It was parked and connected to my home wifi so maybe that was it.
The 3G is on - I can connect devices to it, it says Hello Badger when I log on.

On another related note - the whole route planner - I thought you could start on your phone then transfer to the car as you get in or vice versa.
I downloaded the route planner app. Popped it in and got destination setup but that destination didn't go to car or appear in the destinations so had to input again.

Now at home the route planner on my phone has all the destinations my car has done so guess it's updating now.
Just keen to try and the fancy features

·
Super Moderator
5,033 Posts
Mbadger77 said:
JLRnumber5 said:
I've done this and actually until last night I've never seen a 3D actual image of the building I'm driving to.

On another related note - the whole route planner - I thought you could start on your phone then transfer to the car as you get in or vice versa.
I downloaded the route planner app. Popped it in and got destination setup but that destination didn't go to car or appear in the destinations so had to input again.

Now at home the route planner on my phone has all the destinations my car has done so guess it's updating now.
You got further then mine, my phone route planner just states car not found please log into car, I have done this and still the route planning app does not work.

I think all this fancy ITCP and Apps are just not well tested out before release.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yes I think your right. I really don't understand how so many units are ok or working and a number of people have all,sorts of bugs and problems. Faulty hardware ? Different hardware boxes or revision chips maybe.
It's an odd one. The software certainly needed more testing and more streamlining and performance tests.
Sometimes really,struggles and the boot up in morning takes a while. No just driving off wait for all the bits to turn on and come alive, radio to start then after a bit try your sat Nav

·
Registered
363 Posts
So to do the route thing and pass it to your car - open the app on your phone and select your route and start it... wander to your car and jump in, wait for it to log you in and then in the destination menu there is a sync, do that and your journey pops up from your phone and off you go. If you don't press sync it doesn't poll it automatically.

·
Registered
42 Posts
jonty1625,
This looks like yet another inconsistency, as I have never pressed sync in the car (I didn't know there was one) and the destinations automatically appear in the ICTP. This happens when using the Nav app either on desktop or iphone, so something somewhere is pushing it out to the car! However it works, it's a great feature :)

·
Registered
363 Posts
bucksjag said:
jonty1625,
This looks like yet another inconsistency, as I have never pressed sync in the car (I didn't know there was one) and the destinations automatically appear in the ICTP. This happens when using the Nav app either on desktop or iphone, so something somewhere is pushing it out to the car! However it works, it's a great feature :)
The only thing consistent it appears is inconsistency!

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Jagfpacejk said:
Mbadger77 said:
JLRnumber5 said:

You got further then mine, my phone route planner just states car not found please log into car, I have done this and still the route planning app does not work.

I think all this fancy ITCP and Apps are just not well tested out before release.
+1 .. no matter what I try I can't get beyond the App telling me it can't find the car!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts