Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That's more of a rhetorical question really but anyhow....

This plastic trim is liable to be scratched by shoes, children etc very quickly so I've been mulling over ways to protect it

Automotive parking light Grille Automotive lighting Car Hood

I considered rubberised sticky tape as it's also grippy but though that could look pretty low rent, then I thought about carpet - still pondering that one.

Finally, I'm going to attempt to create a template, cut and apply 3M Tape 8671 (aka Helicopter or Bike tape - there are many cheaper Chinese alternatives) to cover the area as much as 15cm x 1m for both sides of rather expensive tape .

Font Gas Rectangle Brush Household supply

With my DIY skills there's every chance it's going to go horribly wrong but I'll keep you updated and if anyone has other pearls of wisdom - apart from a passenger 'no shoe' rule - then all contributions are welcome

Attachments

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
JLRnumber5 said:
;) Do you still have the plastic wrapping on your sofas at home?
No need, it's Scotchgarded. It's a pre-requisite when there's a Dairylea-eating, mud, water and football obsessed 4-year old in the house.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
JLRnumber5 said:
joking aside it's a good idea ... send us some pics when you've figured it out.. might copy you.
There's every chance I will be too shame-faced at the standard of botch job I'm likely to deliver but we'll see

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Thanks for sharing. You're right, these areas do get scuffed. I had never thought of any potential solution so it would be interesting to learn more from your own experience.

Best wishes.

Arianne

1 - 8 of 8 Posts