Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Know this may be a long shot but years ago you used to get a Parkers manual that taught you how to do things like take of door cards, remove seats ect ect.

Now later on this came in electrical form.

Does anyone know if there is anything around for the Jaguar rather then having to pay to view on Topix?

·
Banned
444 Posts
That must have
Jagfpacejk said:
Know this may be a long shot but years ago you used to get a Parkers manual that taught you how to do things like take of door cards, remove seats ect ect.

Now later on this came in electrical form.

Does anyone know if there is anything around for the Jaguar rather then having to pay to view on Topix?
That must have been a very long time ago. :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
307 Posts
That's you-tube, is it some type of special glue for cars.
If you need detailed drawings ask your dealer to look them up on the micro fish files.

·
Super Moderator
5,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Doug said:
That's you-tube, is it some type of special glue for cars.
If you need detailed drawings ask your dealer to look them up on the micro fish files.
Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
5,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Russell said:
I think we now use something called Youtube!!
Please post up the links for removing door cards and seats as I am struggling to find them.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Ah! The good old days of the Heynes Manuals...!!

1. Remove Nut A...
2 hrs later, 3rd cup of coffee, knuckles bleeding, hands covered in oil, copious amounts of WD40 sprayed, freezing cold and bloody Nut A hasn't budged!!! :x

·
Registered
192 Posts
....and the smell of filler!

·
Super Moderator
5,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
RSPORT27 said:
Ah! The good old days of the Heynes Manuals...!!

1. Remove Nut A...
2 hrs later, 3rd cup of coffee, knuckles bleeding, hands covered in oil, copious amounts of WD40 sprayed, freezing cold and bloody Nut A hasn't budged!!! :x
Agreed, know those days but it also helped when you want to do some simple things like where is the hidden screw or nut that you can not see or remove this then that and then you can remove the item you want.

In the past my previous cars went onto a CD that had all the drawings ect on there.

Would be good to get the same for the Jaguar, for things like how to remove a door card, how to remove the rear boot cover, how to get to the door speakers ect ect.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Oh! I remember those days when you could fix cars when they went wrong. Now we could do with a Haynes manual to adjust the windscreen washers. We didn't need a manual for that "back in the day " it was *** obvious.

·
Registered
73 Posts
When my head light bulb went on my Audi Allroad mkII, there was no way on earth I could figure out how the bloody hell to get to the headlight to replace the bulb, there was so many mouldings and covers and I couldn't even see the back of the headlight. So I took the car to Audi and I saw the mechanic change the bulb, I was gob smacked that amount of stuff he had to detach before he got access to the headlight. I remember changing oil, air filters, spark plugs, brake pads, this was all before the allan key was around. No more tinkering around with cars of today, I guess my children will be tinkering around with software upgrades or hacks for the electric car :D

·
Super Moderator
5,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Joemax said:
When my head light bulb went on my Audi Allroad mkII, there was no way on earth I could figure out how the bloody hell to get to the headlight to replace the bulb, there was so many mouldings and covers and I couldn't even see the back of the headlight. So I took the car to Audi and I saw the mechanic change the bulb, I was gob smacked that amount of stuff he had to detach before he got access to the headlight. I remember changing oil, air filters, spark plugs, brake pads, this was all before the allan key was around. No more tinkering around with cars of today, I guess my children will be tinkering around with software upgrades or hacks for the electric car :D
This is my point 100% why i asked the question.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
If anyone has the drawings on how to remove the front and rear door cards please let me know.

·
Super Moderator
5,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Does anyone who has paid to Topix access know if these sort of drawings are on there, would be happy to pay to get them but do not want to pay to find they are not.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I'm probably violating some rule and will be banned from something for life, but I think this is what you're looking for :lol:

In the words of JLR, always remember to "use a suitable tool" :eek:

BTW, you can get Topix for an hour, day, etc. I've gone in a few times and downloaded all the PDFs for what I think I'll need.

Attachments

·
Registered
73 Posts
karl1672 said:
I'm probably violating some rule and will be banned from something for life, but I think this is what you're looking for :lol:

In the words of JLR, always remember to "use a suitable tool" :eek:
Very kind gesture Karl, personally you should have sent it direct to Jagfpacejk, I believe all posts can be seen on the internet.
I bet Jagfpacejk will be over the moon, definitely owes you a beer or three :D

·
Registered
192 Posts
Before you start, also note is says trim clips are to be discarded and new ones fitted. You might be lucky and be able to reuse the originals but the statement suggests they are intended as single use.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.