Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering how the cameras and guides should be used as they are very different and don't seem to have the guides and accuracy I'm used to.
I can see the improvements with the wide angled lense to see stuff coming so that's great
The old 6yo XF had simple lines and if I got them just on the kerb I knew I was nice and close and not kerbing.

This one seems a little tricker to judge. You've got the outside guides and areas that tell you the room needed to open doors etc I presume. You then have the huge fat yellow line. Seems Somewhere nearer inner edge but doesn't seem as precise - sure I'm using it wrong. Was about 1mm or less from kerbing on day 1 !!!

The wide eye freaks me out when seeing a wall or lamppost that looks really close - nearly panic look In wing mirror to see there is about 4 foot of room !!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
453 Posts
The camera is actually very very accurate i hitch up to my caravan with a tow ball and i can place the tow ball almost mm accurate. once you get to the lines etc they help you position the car spot on in parking bays and give you indication on door opening and room needed to open the tail gate also.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Shaunyt said:
The camera is actually very very accurate i hitch up to my caravan with a tow ball and i can place the tow ball almost mm accurate. once you get to the lines etc they help you position the car spot on in parking bays and give you indication on door opening and room needed to open the tail gate also.
Really I think they are way out and seem a bit guessy. So for example I lined up onto my drive and looked where the lines said I would,be hitting as I revered about 5/6 metres. By the time I reached must have changed by about best part of a foot,

If your lining up for a kerb and want your wheels near but not kernes how do you use them. Manual says use the inside edge of the big thick yellow line.

After 10 days and armed with that knowledge I £&@!'n Kerberd the rear today.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
138 Posts
Do those of you with the tow bar fit tenor have the same options I have on my 2014 sport?

As in when you engage reverse, press the screen and it gives you the option of normal guidelines, or a reversing guide with the tow bar in the middle of the screen?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok look at this example. See where inside line of yellow is against the paving slab then look at the reality of where car is,
Also look at wing mirror lines and proximity to that wall
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
See the lines show my wheels will miss the pavement crack and be just near that white markings on the right paving stone.
Reality is those wheels are coming smack down the line where the slabs meet which is way off.

Look at the dotted lines. Damn I'm close the lines hitting that wall !! Be careful.
Reality is we are way off. Loads of room to reverse.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So maybe it's due to been at angle up on kerb - ok

So now to parking and I've got it a lot better
See yellow lines on road - line that up with yellow lines on camera to see where wheel is
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sorry same pic twice
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
This is closer but it's out enough that your kerbing that every time if playing it along those lines by a few inches
With no dip cameras or mirrors makes it more difficult than normal especially in new places
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
453 Posts
I Think you have it wrong, from my understanding and my 11 year old son explained to me your wheels are just on the inside edge of the thick yellow lines, the outer lines are to give you enough room to open the doors. the upside down L shape and reversed opposite one are the position you shouldnt go past to be able to open your tailgate withought hitting whats behind you.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Shaunyt said:
I Think you have it wrong, from my understanding and my 11 year old son explained to me your wheels are just on the inside edge of the thick yellow lines, the outer lines are to give you enough room to open the doors. the upside down L shape and reversed opposite one are the position you shouldnt go past to be able to open your tailgate withought hitting whats behind you.
Yes I had to read the manual to clarify what it SHOULD be. Inside edge of yellow line is the edge of your wheel

So looking at the pictures you can see the problem. In the top one that white mark on the paving slab - way off in reality
The lines on the road. Look at the second picture still a fair way out. If your trying to judge a wheel and kerb and getting within a few inches ideally they are hopeless
My previous jag was accurate to under an inch and I could park in the tightest spot and not kerb the wheels
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
453 Posts
Mbadger77 said:
Shaunyt said:
I Think you have it wrong, from my understanding and my 11 year old son explained to me your wheels are just on the inside edge of the thick yellow lines, the outer lines are to give you enough room to open the doors. the upside down L shape and reversed opposite one are the position you shouldnt go past to be able to open your tailgate withought hitting whats behind you.
Yes I had to read the manual to clarify what it SHOULD be. Inside edge of yellow line is the edge of your wheel

So looking at the pictures you can see the problem. In the top one that white mark on the paving slab - way off in reality
The lines on the road. Look at the second picture still a fair way out. If your trying to judge a wheel and kerb and getting within a few inches ideally they are hopeless
My previous jag was accurate to under an inch and I could park in the tightest spot and not kerb the wheels
Yes i think your calibration does look a little out looking at those pics again, not much couple of inches at the most id say....visit dealership get them to check.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Great good,to know and saving up a visit for when they have a good new ICTP software install and get everything done at once
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top