Automotive design Publication Font Gadget Personal luxury car
Struggling to find the menu that tells me how much data is left on my SIM card
All I can find is this screen
Sorry couldn't work out how to spin the pic

Attachments

·
Registered
247 Posts
Don't believe you can see it on the system itself but in the app on your smartphone. You can also change the password to something you want at the same time.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
You can see it on the controls - I think if you go to SIM from memory it says data used.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Mbadger77 said:
You can see it on the controls - I think if you go to SIM from memory it says data used.
For a standard ICT system (not Pro) ?

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Jacksoag said:
Mbadger77 said:
For a standard ICT system (not Pro) ?
Ahh sorry sometimes forget there are different setups

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Can any one post a pic of the screen of how to do it .
What is the app I have the remote app and can't see it on that ?

·
Registered
247 Posts
http://www.ownerinfo.jaguar.com/document/4A/2017/T24106/23623_en_GBR/proc/G1882263

Sorry it's not an app but you do use your phone. See link above or details below

InControl Wi-Fi can be switched on or off using the touch screen. From the Home menu screen, navigate to the Extra features menu screen/s, then select Wi-Fi Hotspot. See the touch screen section of this handbook for more information.

"The Wi-Fi Hotspot screen displays the Wi-Fi network ID and password and allows adjustment of the basic system settings. More advanced settings, including changing the security password and Access Point Name (APN) configuration, can be carried out by accessing the Wi-Fi Hotspot Router menu on the phone.

To access the Wi-Fi Hotspot Router menu:

From the WiFi Hotspot screen, select Help.

The Wi-Fi Hotspot router address displays on the touch screen. Copy this address into the phone's internet browser.

The Wi-Fi Hotspot Router menu displays on the phone. Log in using the details displayed on the Help screen."

You can see how much data you've used rather than how much you've got left on the sim card. You can reset it as well.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
cheers jacksoag it worked.
But what a daft way to find out how much data left jaguar very poor .

·
Registered
363 Posts
Wow... much easier on ICTP - look at data usage, set max limit and set date to reset when the counter works from.... actually quite a nice set-up!

·
Registered
887 Posts
Surely the best way is to log into your mobile sim card account with your mobile service provider? Devices (our cars are devices in this context) only provide an estimate of usage whereas your mobile account will be what the mobile network says it is, and ultimately will be what decides when it is all gone :^))

Jim

·
Registered
363 Posts
Jim said:
Surely the best way is to log into your mobile sim card account with your mobile service provider? Devices (our cars are devices in this context) only provide an estimate of usage whereas your mobile account will be what the mobile network says it is, and ultimately will be what decides when it is all gone :^))

Jim
You're not wrong Jim.... after all my mobile network provider doesn't tell me how much tread is left on my tyres...

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That would be easy if I had an account it's a data Sim only No account required when 12 gig has gone you throw it away and buy another one.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Haven't tried with a data only sim (my data only sim is sat waiting with me for my new car to been repaired so I can collect it from the dealers, failed PDI) but my other sims, phone and data, can be checked on the 3 web site (I'm assuming your sim is from 3). Might be worth giving them a call or looking on their web site as I would be surprised if there isn't a way to check.

Jim

1 - 13 of 13 Posts