Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have fully rejected mine after an attempt to fix it within 30 days worst vehicle I have owned out of bmw 4 ,Range Rover 3, merc 2 ,Mitsubishi fto , puegeot rcz, vw golf x2 even my mothers car Vauxhall viva is better put together no joke and cost me £8 k brand new
Will never touch JLR again
So full rejection or replacement
Yes or no???

·
Registered
441 Posts
Yes my rejection letter went in last weekend and a replacement F Pace is to be ordered. I was not prepared to go through the process of my dealer changing major components to fix a drive line vibration which has plagued the vehicle since new.. It is an unusual fault but not unheard of on the F Pace but apart from that I love everything about it and want another fault free of course.

·
Registered
441 Posts
That is encouraging to know. I love the FPace concept with the way it looks,the way it drives ( apart from the DL vibration) the way it handles and the way it attracts admiring looks from other road users. I will look forward to my replacement whenever it arrives.

·
Registered
419 Posts
How many more people are going to start a "who's rejected their F Pace" thread on here. Can they not all be lumped together under a simple "rejection matters" topic so that people like me for one, and others, who have experienced nothing other than absolute delight with ours can have a little peace and rejection quiet combined with the ability to give the subject the occasional miss. There are a slack half dozen rejectioners(sic) on this board, sad I know, who dominate the board whilst purveying an air of misery, anger and sadness. I appreciate that some of them are not going down the "I can't get rid of the thing quick enough" sometimes based on it not being as good as one they owned when cars on the move had to be preceded by someone holding a lantern. Perhaps that is partly responsible for the woes of the modern motor car, bloody cooled glove boxes, deployable steps, on board computers, mood lighting etc, makes me laugh especially given that after a few months of ownership most of the buttons that are supposed to operate these gadgets probably won't see their owners finger end again until they try to impress a potential buyer further down the road. Anyhow, I feel sure there are umpteen owners of some species of this vehicle who have never heard of a "Jaguar F Pace Forum" and who are as happy as Larry with this marvellous car and if nothing else are being spared the "Dejection of Rejection". This cap is not designed to fit all those who are not quite as happy as I am with their purchase. Back to my original suggestion: one Section for Rejection so those who are affected or interested can keep up to date in one place.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Yorkie!! I wanted mine replacing but JLR could not confirm the replacement would be any better!!!??? So I had to go refund route not through MY choice so don't put me down as a whinger!! If the manufacturer can't offer a working replacement what am I supposed to do??

·
Super Moderator
5,032 Posts
YORKIE said:
How many more people are going to start a "who's rejected their F Pace" thread on here. Can they not all be lumped together under a simple "rejection matters" topic so that people like me for one, and others, who have experienced nothing other than absolute delight with ours can have a little peace and rejection quiet combined with the ability to give the subject the occasional miss. There are a slack half dozen rejectioners(sic) on this board, sad I know, who dominate the board whilst purveying an air of misery, anger and sadness. I appreciate that some of them are not going down the "I can't get rid of the thing quick enough" sometimes based on it not being as good as one they owned when cars on the move had to be preceded by someone holding a lantern. Perhaps that is partly responsible for the woes of the modern motor car, bloody cooled glove boxes, deployable steps, on board computers, mood lighting etc, makes me laugh especially given that after a few months of ownership most of the buttons that are supposed to operate these gadgets probably won't see their owners finger end again until they try to impress a potential buyer further down the road. Anyhow, I feel sure there are umpteen owners of some species of this vehicle who have never heard of a "Jaguar F Pace Forum" and who are as happy as Larry with this marvellous car and if nothing else are being spared the "Dejection of Rejection". This cap is not designed to fit all those who are not quite as happy as I am with their purchase. Back to my original suggestion: one Section for Rejection so those who are affected or interested can keep up to date in one place.
There is a section i would say, "Faults" as i would say it's a fault, i am sure my fellow Mod's could move every rejection post over to Fault or are you saying you would prefer a section called "Rejection".

As for the many driving a car who have never heard of the F Pace Forum and are happy, I would say you could say the same for or against, i was in my dealers the other week talking to a fellow Fpace owner who as you say had not heard of this forum and i told them about it, Why, as they had issues and thought they were alone with this problem, he was shall i say shocked when i told him his issues were not his alone and he may have now joined here, many people just do not think to search the internet if they have issues and just go back to the dealer.

Now if when the car was sold every member was told of this forum which i know is never going to happen but if they did we might have more people with or without issues.

Some people only join forums after searching for there issues and finding other posts showing there issues which are linked to this forum.

It would be interesting but impossible to ask how many people would actually even be on this forum if they did not have an issue or wanted to change something as i am sure many are drawn here due to looking up an issue or wanting to change or improve something.

I am sure we all would love to be talking about a non problem car and you would find that some of the friction on here would not have even started if there was no issues but then on the other side we may not have seen so many people join, perhaps.

Just my opinion.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
^^ Agree with that, and the sad thing is, my car will go into secondhand stock, and someone will buy it without knowing some else has rejected it, for a fault JLR cannot fix.

However, the new owner may just think my grumbling noise is a quirk and put up with it...and therefore totally happy

·
Registered
948 Posts
I agree with Yorkie, there should no scratch that NEEDS to be a section for this rather than polluting the general section.

·
Registered
419 Posts
CarlFRZ434 said:
Yorkie!! I wanted mine replacing but JLR could not confirm the replacement would be any better!!!??? So I had to go refund route not through MY choice so don't put me down as a whinger!! If the manufacturer can't offer a working replacement what am I supposed to do??
Tried not to single out anyone as a whinger, especially yourself. Your input here was greatly looked forward to and more than often delivered with a cynical humour which I whole heartedly enjoy, but can of course, lead to someone calling you a 'tossa' which I suspect is something you would easily take on the chin.

Anyway up, if we are to lose you that will lead to our loss and the Mercedes Benz ( :mrgreen: ) Forum's gain. :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
YORKIE said:
CarlFRZ434 said:
Tried not to single out anyone as a whinger, especially yourself. Your input here was greatly looked forward to and more than often delivered with a cynical humour which I whole heartedly enjoy, but can of course, lead to someone calling you a 'tossa' which I suspect is something you would easily take on the chin.

Anyway up, if we are to lose you that will lead to our loss and the Mercedes Benz ( :mrgreen: ) Forum's gain. :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: they weren't far off the mark with that Tossa comment!! :lol: I'm more offended that you thought that I'd buy a bloomin' German marque!!!! :cry:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.