Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I placed my order for F-Pace R-Sport 2.0D AWD back in early September with Southampton Jaguar based on contract hire as a company car. I was originally told that delivery would be around Christmas. In early December I received a message to say it had been delayed. When I phoned the dealership last week (last week in December) they said that the spec lock in date had passed (8th December) but the delivery date to the dealership was now down as the 3rd March!!!!!!

Is this likely to be correct? 3 months to spec lock in and then a further 3 months for delivery doesn't sound right to me. How long did everyone else have from spec lock in to delivery?

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
I'd expect it at the dealer early / mid Feb at Latest and about 5 days PDI.
I think my lock in date to build was about 5 weeks. A week to build then delivered about 4 days later then a few days PDI etc.
Put an Xmas break in between and you would hope for February. Ask them for the build date and work from that,

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Sometimes there are delays which are caused by a supply issue with certain parts that you may have selected as options. At one stage, we were planning on a certain type of alloy wheel (22" diamond cut silver / black turbines) and our dealer told us that there was a long lead time on this configuration. As it happens, we changed the wheels anyway and that was a bind for the dealer who then shuffled our order slots around with other customers.

It's all a bit of a dark art to me.

Arianne

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
I can help with this.

Mine was ordered 2nd Dec, lock in was a week or so after that, but the factory has a lock on orders for 2 weeks from 3rd Dec anyway, so my lock in was actually 3rd Dec. My build date is 13th Jan, expected in and ready for delivery within 2 weeks, although I am waiting of the new dealership to open for delivery on first weekend of feb 17.

·
Registered
612 Posts
I ordered mine on the 3rd Sept, my lock in date was 27th Oct, build date w/e 25th Nov.

4 weeks from lock in to build seems right, yours seems very long!

·
Registered
51 Posts
My order was signed and "placed with factory" on 5th December as "lock down on slot was imminent" meaning no changes allowed after 6th December.
I was then verbally given scheduled delivery date to me as being 10th March with build date in mid February. Update promised and now awaited as being after factory New Year start up.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
EvoUpgrade said:
My order was signed and "placed with factory" on 5th December as "lock down on slot was imminent" meaning no changes allowed after 6th December.
I was then verbally given scheduled delivery date to me as being 10th March with build date in mid February. Update promised and now awaited as being after factory New Year start up.
So, as Arianne say above, it is a dark art, as we ordered practically on the same date with a build date 4 weeks later, which is actually 50% later!!! Unless you specified a March delivery?

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Waynem said:
Looking forward to seeing a blue stuffed toy driving an F pace :shock:
His name's Fred, he is 24yrs old and is sitting next to Mrs A at this very moment in our Austrian apartment. He goes everywhere with us, nearly was left behind at a fuel station on the Munich Mittel Ring late one night after he fell out from the rear door and he has travelled though Royal Mail overnight 24hr from Kent to Scotland after being left behind having visited the In-laws.

Fred was bought for our Son when he was born in 1992 by a dear friend. He is a blue dog, if you were interested in the breed. He doesn't say much but he is looking forward to the F-pace coming in March and we are wondering whether to get one of those boot liner covers that fold out over the bumper for him? What do you think Waynem? Fred will be popping up on another thread soon so keep a look out for him.

Since you asked ;)

Arianne

·
Registered
51 Posts
FpS said:
So, as Arianne say above, it is a dark art, as we ordered practically on the same date with a build date 4 weeks later, which is actually 50% later!!! Unless you specified a March delivery?
I had gone to 3 dealers (4th-6th December) with defined spec requesting best offer on price to change (no haggling promise by me and best of 3 to win) for my Evoque:
No3 said: first availability is for April but at list price with no fix on my trade in Evoque until "nearer" say 1 month before delivery date.
No2 said: possible March delivery if you fix by 7th December list price for FP and fixed £30K valuation on Evo.
No1 said: Yes - have a slot for March delivery, at list price for specified FP 's' 3.0d and fix on £32K Evo px on delivery date.

Not a lot of thinking on my part as I thought best to take new registration month and also before April VED hike.
I made my bed now quite happy to lie in it for another 9 weeks then hopefully be one of the "happy" experiences to be reported here ;)

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
EvoUpgrade said:
FpS said:
I had gone to 3 dealers (4th-6th December) with defined spec requesting best offer on price to change (no haggling promise by me and best of 3 to win) for my Evoque:
No3 said: first availability is for April but at list price with no fix on my trade in Evoque until "nearer" say 1 month before delivery date.
No2 said: possible March delivery if you fix by 7th December list price for FP and fixed £30K valuation on Evo.
No1 said: Yes - have a slot for March delivery, at list price for specified FP 's' 3.0d and fix on £32K Evo px on delivery date.

Not a lot of thinking on my part as I thought best to take new registration month and also before April VED hike.
I made my bed now quite happy to lie in it for another 9 weeks then hopefully be one of the "happy" experiences to be reported here ;)
Ah, all makes perfect sense, I can see why you chose No1.

As you can see with your options, the dealers have slots in place already and as mine is a rejected replacement, maybe a bit of "flexibility" was shown in slot allocation. New reg plate is no issue for me, as I have a personal plate on mine. March will be here before you know it, and boy I can tell you it is well worth the wait, they are awesome, just awesome

·
Registered
35 Posts
I ordered on the 12/12/16 and i have just come back from the dealer and i've been able to change the specs on the car today 3/1/17, but i think like someone else said the factory is closed over Christmas so maybe thats why I've had a longer time until config is locked

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I had the following email from Southampton Jaguar today:

As it stands currently the car is due for production very early Feb, I have been in contact with the factory to have this order pushed through as soon as they can and they are aware of its urgency. The Fpace demand has not slowed down and the factory are producing as many as possible to keep up with the demand.

I can only apologise for the delay as I hoped to be delivering the car this month as we had originally planned. I can assure you that I am on the case to ensure it arrived as soon as possible.

Still not happy that they can't give a delivery date or reason for the delay.

·
Registered
441 Posts
My replacement 2.0 Portfolio was ordered on 5th December with a build slot in late January. I have now been told that the build date had been moved to February but waiting confirmation. Jaguar have provided me with an F Pace as my dealer wants my rejected vehicle back so that presumably it can be put on their forecourt before it looses too much value. I do find it strange that with rejected vehicles Jaguar are not prepared to find an immediate build slot on the production line. I have to compliment Jaguar CRC in the way they got involved once I had sent my rejection letter and have kept me fully informed as to all the actions which have taken place since.So my insurance is suspended and on hold, I will get a refund on my RFL for 5 months and hopefully a fault free new F Pace to look forward to in 2017

·
Super Moderator
5,032 Posts
Hydrajaws said:
My replacement 2.0 Portfolio was ordered on 5th December with a build slot in late January. I have now been told that the build date had been moved to February but waiting confirmation. Jaguar have provided me with an F Pace as my dealer wants my rejected vehicle back so that presumably it can be put on their forecourt before it looses too much value. I do find it strange that with rejected vehicles Jaguar are not prepared to find an immediate build slot on the production line. I have to compliment Jaguar CRC in the way they got involved once I had sent my rejection letter and have kept me fully informed as to all the actions which have taken place since.So my insurance is suspended and on hold, I will get a refund on my RFL for 5 months and hopefully a fault free new F Pace to look forward to in 2017
I guess once a slot is full moving you up means you bump everyone below you where as making you wait only affects you, just a view, as for the replacement Fpace, fingers crossed for you.

I bet your rejected one goes straight onto the forecourt without being looked at to resolve the issues just like the other rejected vehicles and they hope the new buyer is unaware, if it was different they would resolve the issues for you.

Does this mean Jaguar and the dealer are knowing reselling defective vehicles.?

Now that's a controversial thing to be doing.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.