Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apart from giving me the introductory HP interest rate my dealer is totally of the mind set of 'no there are no discounts or give aways'. I've noticed that recently some of you have been gifted with the service plan. My car is due next month and I was going to purchase the service plan so how did you get it out of your dealers?

·
Registered
192 Posts
If you have already committed/ signed your order, I suspect you will now struggle!

I got the 5 year High Mileage Service Plan included (which also has £750 for any MOT work required per MOT in years 3, 4, 5).

My dealer originally said no discounts/freebies available so I merely said I had heard of dealers offering the service plan, so was going to have a chat to other dealerships to see what was on offer. He went and saw his manager and came back saying it would be included (took all of 2 minutes!)

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Just stand your ground on what you want to complete the deal.

I got interest at 4.9%, 5 year service plan, Autoglym lifeshine and a nice bottle of champagne :)

Be prepared to take your business elsewhere - but sounds like you've left it a little late to be negotiating.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Anyone that ordered before 13th june got it at the old price about £900 off retail plus 5% off all options, I saved £1300 off the new price. I got a cup of coffee and dont expect I will get anything other than a cup of coffee when I pick up in two weeks :roll:

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
My dealer is saying the same, it is irritating, and they are so in denial that anyone is doing it even in their own group....

Sadly I had ordered before I found this site, so you live and learn. Plus I was given a slot, so negotiating was a trifle difficult, as I was "lucky to get one so quickly" yada yada

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
jagmanjag said:
Since when did buying cars become about what you get for free rather than the car itself? Do we all ask tesco for free butter with our bread :D
You missed the point. Some get something others don't. If you went into Tesco and everyone got a free bottle of champagne on entry except you, you would be a little put out wouldn't you?

Some dealers are lying about what they can and cannot do.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I got no freebies as such for the car. But when I picked up, I got a nice tin of Scottish shortbread and the Mrs got a bouquet of flowers. We was also given a video of the Handover including the unveiling. Did not cost a lot, but it was a nice touch on the day. Everyman has is price, mine is shortbread apparently :)) To be honest Taggarts Glasgow done a great job from order to delivery and aftercare. Ask for Gavin if your looking to buy

·
Registered
20 Posts
F-Pace S said:
jagmanjag said:
Since when did buying cars become about what you get for free rather than the car itself? Do we all ask tesco for free butter with our bread :D
You missed the point. Some get something others don't. If you went into Tesco and everyone got a free bottle of champagne on entry except you, you would be a little put out wouldn't you?

Without wishing to cause an argument, it seems its you rather than me who misses the point - Car dealers are franchises, Tesco stores aren't!
There is no hard and fast rules as to what they 'can and cannot do' so therefore their cannot be any lies. it's all down to what you negotiate and i say fair play and well done to those who negotiate and receive more than me, i don't then have sour grapes just because i didn't quite get the same. By rights car dealers don't have to give us anything, they have a list price for their goods, if they all stuck to their guns we would be snookered from a deal perspective, we would have to pay what they ask, just like Tesco with the bread - don't get me wrong i'm not jumping to the defense of the car trade but they are in business to make profit after all.

·
Registered
458 Posts
+1
if you're happy with the deal on offer take it. If not, try to negotiate a better package with them or go somewhere else.
How much time and effort you need to invest to get a better deal also needs to be reckoned up - your time has a value too!

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
jagmanjag said:
F-Pace S said:
jagmanjag said:

Without wishing to cause an argument, it seems its you rather than me who misses the point - Car dealers are franchises, Tesco stores aren't!
There is no hard and fast rules as to what they 'can and cannot do' so therefore their cannot be any lies. it's all down to what you negotiate and i say fair play and well done to those who negotiate and receive more than me, i don't then have sour grapes just because i didn't quite get the same. By rights car dealers don't have to give us anything, they have a list price for their goods, if they all stuck to their guns we would be snookered from a deal perspective, we would have to pay what they ask, just like Tesco with the bread - don't get me wrong i'm not jumping to the defense of the car trade but they are in business to make profit after all.
Fair comment, we are in agreement :oops:

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
:romance-grouphug:

It is all good jagman :lol:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
So to end this I spoke with them today and reminded them that this would be the 3rd car I'd had from them as well as serviced by them including the least reliable car I've ever had (X-type) & as I was coming back for more a kind offer of the service pack would be most welcome. No hanging about or I'll need to talk to the manager just 'yes of course we can do that for you'.

So being polite, not threatening to go elsewhere but just a reminder of being a loyal customer to their dealership saved me some money.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Good work!

·
Registered
245 Posts
So far managed to get the service pack thrown in. Depends on what happens with my car being supplied with correct shut lines etc as to what happens next!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts