Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Ryan, hope you can help, im taking delivery of my car this friday. As part of my specification i have ordered the Incontrol pro Meridian 825w system im presuming and hopping the top of the range. Now my dealer sent my a brief video of the vehicle when it arrived at the dealership, i could see the extra large screen, but i couldnt see a centre speaker on the dashboard like my LR Freelander has with a similar high output high end system. I am presuming the top of the range with the Trifield sound processing will have a centre speaker somewhere. Can you tell me how i tell if it is the 825w or not visually or on settings on the screen.
I have to add the car arrived to the dealer with the wrong headlining i asked for the light oyster colour and its got the Jet headlining, also the wrong wheels think its got the bionics on but i wanted Venoms, which the dealer can sort, i like my sound system in my car and the high end audio i couldn't do with ought, so a little nervous of the fact it might have been missed out in production and will be dissapointed, as im guessing retro fitting at the dealer ship is not an option.

Cheers

·
Registered
302 Posts
If the spec of the built car is THAT WRONG then don't accept the car...... Why would you spec a car and then accept a different one, unless it is to your advantage?

Might be a pain in having to wait, but there is a compensation angle to this...... Just a matter of testing your negotiation skills.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
AndyS said:
If the spec of the built car is THAT WRONG then don't accept the car...... Why would you spec a car and then accept a different one, unless it is to your advantage?

Might be a pain in having to wait, but there is a compensation angle to this...... Just a matter of testing your negotiation skills.
Well i dont know if the car has or hasnt got the 825w system, the wheels will be sorted for the pick up date, the headlining i was umming and ahhing over and can live happily with the black since i opted for a panoramic roof, i ordered the light oyster headlining before i decided on the glass roof so its not a problem.

But the high end sound system to me would be a blocker

·
Registered
57 Posts
There is a center speaker with the 825W... and if you are able to test the system sound setting of the car, the 'Trifield Meridian button' is only available with the 825W.

May be you can have an easy check with the VIN on Topix ?

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well visited dealer yesterday to do the financials he nipped in to the garage took a pic of the dash and there is a centre speaker grill, im under impression the 325 doesnt have a centre speaker but there could be a grill there

https://www.meridian-audio.com/automotive/jaguar/f-pace/

Anyway i will check it out tomorrow afternoon when i pick my car up, i beleive im the 1st non FE from the dealership :D

·
Registered
363 Posts
20dAWD said:
The speaker grilles on the door will say 'Meridian Surround' if it is 825w
The 380w has Meridian on them as well as it is still a Meridian system...

·
Registered
363 Posts
20dAWD said:
The speaker grilles on the door will say 'Meridian Surround' if it is 825w
The 380w has Meridian on them as well as it is still a Meridian system...

·
Registered
363 Posts
JLRnumber5 said:
But it lacks the word "Surround" unless it's the 825W model
Agh i see said the blind man!

The B&W system they originally had in the XF blew away all the Meridian systems IMHO

·
Registered
363 Posts
Shaunyt said:
jonty1625 said:
JLRnumber5 said:
But it lacks the word "Surround" unless it's the 825W model
Agh i see said the blind man!

The B&W system they originally had in the XF blew away all the Meridian systems IMHO
This is the latest Meridian state of the art have a look at the link further up the thread
I get that - but I had the 1100w Bowers and Wilkins in my XF (first gen) and the sound and adjustability of the staging was way above what is offered by the Meridian systems, even the 825w ICTP system. It had a lot of flexibility in personalisation and customisation and I also think the XF had a decent amount of sound deadening materials. The sound quality was exceptional. Hopefully with tweaking and time to let the speakers loosen up a bit the Meridian will get to be as good.

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Agree on B&W being superior to Meridian (but I'm happy with the 825W Meridian set up in my current car .. my neighbours however are not very happy about my B&W P1VD subwoofer in my media room at home :twisted: :twisted: )

1 - 16 of 16 Posts