Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
.........which is dreadful when compared to that I enjoyed in my E Class which would highlight clearly traffic ahead, Yellow for moving, Red for stopped / Avoid.

In addition it would give options to take around the delay which my standard F PAce set up does not, it's perhpas the only disappointing thing about the car, other than the drivers door electrics fail frequesntly making the use of windows or mirrors impossible uless I stop and start again ;-(

I thuoght about buying a Mercedes SD CArd - any thoughts ?

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
JLRnumber5 said:
I think he is saying he has the standard ICT so doesn't have the Here maps and Google traffic updates we have on ICTP.
Oh I see sorry. Thought he was having signal issues and not getting updates. :oops:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, seems I have the basic option, whichis a very disappointing version, perhaps my fault for not reviewing the options better but to be honest, the GPS and traffic programme on my daughters Mini is better than my FP ;-(

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Yes unfortunately the basic ICT really isn't up to scratch. Its hardly a step forward from the unit I had in my 2011 Evoque.

Turn it off and enjoy getting lost instead. No bad thing to spend extra time behind the wheel :)

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Surely the standard ICT isn't that bad else everyone would go ITCP? I mean if you cannot get a decent signal to give you traffic on the sat nav, we have stepped back 15 years, let alone 5 years!

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
iloveabersoch said:
Yes, seems I have the basic option, whichis a very disappointing version, perhaps my fault for not reviewing the options better but to be honest, the GPS and traffic programme on my daughters Mini is better than my FP ;-(
You might find this helpful?

http://www.fpaceforum.com/forum/jaguar-f-pace-general-discussion-forum/18186-ict-cheap-version-question.html

Scroll down and you will find a link to the Jaguar video hosted on YouTube.

Separately, I have found this additional review for you which you may find interesting...

I haven't opted for ICTP. Because of where we live we rarely need traffic information. We use it for our occasional trips from Scotland to Kent and holiday journeys to The Alps. If the ICT is no good for traffic information then I will just use Lottie, she is our £200 Garmin and she is superb - which is why she has a name and we have made her part of our family (yes, we are crazy before you ask!). I currently have a Volvo XC60 with Sensus Connect and that really is old school so even the ICT is a step forward for us. And Mrs A has banned me from spending any more money on options!

Best wishes,

Arianne

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
Have to say the base version is just that a base version others the difference between the base and pro would not be that different and jaguar would not be able to charge the amount they do to get the pro system, one of many items cut from pro to base.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts