Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,953 Posts
Hmm, definitely doesn't look right, does it . . worth everyone checking out if this is showing up on any cars this side of the Atlantic too, there's no way road going vehicles should be supplied in that condition, just imagine all the dirt and water that's going to get in there! Thanks for drawing attention to this JLR#5, looks like it's another thing going to be added to the list of potential issues. :(

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
BEPace said:
Changed my wheels today and my car has the same "home made opening".
R-Sport in Belgium.
Mrs A says I am a perfectionist and I think she may be right. I simply couldn't live with that hole and if folk think that fabricating a panel or using black ducktape is the DIY answer to a £54k premium SUV then forget it.

My cars sit on a drive which is on a hill. As you approach our property from beneath, this area below the sills is visible on our current XC60 because of the increased clearance of the SUV. It would drive me nuts as I return home from a nice walk and approach my car on the drive. It's all my eye would pick out.

Sorry, that's unacceptable. No if, buts or maybe. I can just about accept the matt black plastic cover around the rear door closure but not this.

On the US site there are now about five folk with the holes and they have found a promotional image of an F-Pace that shows the hole if you look closely just in front of the rear wheel. Yuk.

So here's my question. Does everyone have it? Or is it just a few cars? I think I will take a trip to my local dealership tomorrow and take a look.

There are some worrying issues about quality that I am seeing with these cars and, for the price, I don't think it's acceptable.

Arianne

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
That's bad. Not just one car either - home made is the best description.
I'll be checking mine

·
Banned
1,133 Posts
If you get under the car there are loads of cuts like these ....its a fibrous material so the cut looks a little unsightly ....nothing really ..I think it's where the car is held as its moves a long they production line :?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Maybe it's there for rework reasons, as generally they still put the cars together even when they know there's a fault to remedy of which gets done at the end so they can keep banging them out and worry about fixes later, that's the way tractor manufactures do it anyway. I'm thinking fail pace with his supply leads (left hand drive right hand drive )
Or suspension alterations etc.If this was the case then they would have cut the panels before fitting maybe?
Point to note is I think tractor dealers are a bit more honest, as the dealer often tells us of a list of rewok that they say they have to do before delivery.(probably to give them more time to deliver and stop my nattering) :D
P.S before anyone says it I know it's not a tractor :roll: :roll:

·
Registered
115 Posts
Maybe there is a fuel cooler option in certain markets, it is in the correct place, more or less.

Still looks like an after thought mod though.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I doing factory tour and factory collection next Tuesday. Will check mine and ask the question whilst there and see if I get any answers ! !

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I had a butchers underneath my RRE at the weekend. Very neat and tidy! Almost completely flat. Definitely designed for off-road.

Would be interesting to compare ......

·
Registered
98 Posts
Just looking at 2.0 f pace sport in showroom and has rough hole cut out as previous reports

·
Registered
161 Posts
Mick1963 said:
I doing factory tour and factory collection next Tuesday. Will check mine and ask the question whilst there and see if I get any answers ! !
I'm also interested in a factory collection... can I ask:

1) Was it arranged through your dealer?
2) Did you have to pay any £££ for this?
3) Did it allow you to get your F pace any quicker (even a few days)?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts