Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
When i start my car at night leaving for work (3:00 am) the engine comes alive on a very high rev (1600r/pm) (engine is petrol SC)
Immediately when i put the car in reverse the revs drop back to a normal 750r/pm.
At that time already half the street is awake (including my wife) and so instead of a happy rolling off to work this is a frustrating issue.
Dealer says he cannot change the software of the coldstart period, but i have the impression they don't dare to change anything it the ECU controle of the engine...?
Anyone has the same experience or a solution for this embarrasing issue?
Best regards from (for the other part) a very big Belgian Jaguar enthusiast.

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Start the car in reverse ... oh no that won't work
Give all your neighbours earplugs ... hmmmm maybe not
Move?

I'm out of ideas ... sorry. Just delight in the fact they now all know you own an awesome car and they are jealous. If you lived in Italy you wouldn't be complaining ;-)

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Yes that's very normal. I've got a link somewhere to show our non petrol friends exactly what your on about,
When cold that's what it does. Bit like the old days of havimg the choke out and early higher revs,
Just tell the neighbours there's not much you can do

·
Registered
577 Posts
Normal for cold starts. I have this on my other car, but it is louder. As the engine warms up the revs go down.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts