Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought Id say hello to the forum even though I don't have my F-Pace as yet but looking forward to picking it up in December.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Waynem,
The F- Pace I ordered is a White 2L auto R sport, 19" bionic, all black leather seats and no fancy extras really, well apart from sat nav and a metal loadspace scuff plate if you can call them fancy. Got a couple of small bits off my last Jag that Ill be fixing onto this one such as aluminium gear shift paddles, aluminium foot pedals, tyre valve caps and wheel hub caps. Oh yeah, its a left hand drive Jag as I live in Monza and will be going back to UK next year.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Obviously my profile picture is of an S model, picked it out quickly from the web. Of course, once I get my new Jag Ill post pictures up.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Hi joemax. Welcome to the forum. You'll get lots of advice, guidance and humour on this site if you want it.
Most of us put our spec in the signature box. It gives readers context for future posts.
What "Sat Nav" did you go for? Pro or standard?
Good luck for December. I'm picking mine up around 1st November. Getting excited now!

·
Registered
192 Posts
Welcome Joemax. Enjoy your F Pace when it arrives - maybe sneak in and take it for a spin on the banking in the Parco di Monza - that would make a great picture!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Timbo,
Thanks for the welcome Timbo, I certainly joined this forum for guidance and humour, coming from another Jaguar forum of which I thoroughly enjoyed I look forward to exchanging experiences with the F-Pace.
This will be my first cross over, don't like the term SUV until an american friend of mine said it stood for Stupid Useless Vehicles :lol:
Cant wait to take delivery of the car, I test drove the 2L and 3L diesel and settled for the 2L but I must say the 3L was a different beast, too much fun for me, I need to slow down these days and be more sedate. I don't think Im that disciplined enough to restrain myself with all that fun on tap. The first edition in blue would have been my preference, I think that blue is awesome.
I ordered the standard sat nav with analogue speedo, I can't get to grips with digital, I guess its the old school thing for me and thats why I kept the specs to bare basics. Front and rear sensors was a must as I think its one of the best automative aids invented in my opinion.
So, 11 more sleeps for you then Timbo, Christmas come early for you then :D

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Growler said:
Welcome Joemax. Enjoy your F Pace when it arrives - maybe sneak in and take it for a spin on the banking in the Parco di Monza - that would make a great picture!
Thanks Growler, yes that would be so cool to take it on the Autodromo. I am blessed with actually living 10 mins bike ride from the race track, I go there almost every weekend when they have events even on track days just to watch these crazy italians drive their private cars. On some days during the week I even go to the race track bar just to have a cappuccino, its open to the public all week, just amazing! The race track is actually in a 22km walled park that also has a 18 hole golf course!!
The old race track is open to the public as well and it is only used on certain events but they only limit the cars to go half way up the bank.
I thought Id share some of the pictures Ive taken of the track.

Attachments

·
Registered
192 Posts
Very Nice Joemax, I was at the circuit for the Grand Prix this year (2nd time I have been there). We stay in Lecco and get the slow regional train down to Biasonno-Lesmo Station (except on race day when you have to go via Monza).

As you say it is a fabulous setting. The Park itself is beautiful (must be great when it is not so crowded with all the race fans). The banking is amazingly steep - but it is sad to see how it is now crumbling away in places.

A few pics from 2011.....

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Fence

Plant Motor vehicle Fence Grass Tree

Attachments

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I been to Lecco many times but my favourite is Bellagio, great little drive up there with tunnels and hairpin bends.
I didn't go to the race this year, been twice already at Monza, much prefer the other events, don't get me wrong, F1 Monza is a fantastic event and the atmosphere is electric, Monza town over the weekend is bonkers but great fun.
Yeah you're right Growler, shame some of the old track needs some TLC considering its one of the most historic race track in the world of which great race legends have raced on it.
Thanks for the photos.
If anyone passes by Monza I would be glad to meet up have a chat and an espresso.

·
Super Moderator
1,953 Posts
Joemax said:
. . . I test drove the 2L and 3L diesel and settled for the 2L . . . I ordered the standard sat nav with analogue speedo
Hi Joemax and welcome, c'mon in, the water's lovely! :p

I hope you'll forgive me for selectively editing your quote (from your earlier post above), but those particular comments really stood out to me because I think you're actually the first person I can recall seeing on this forum, besides myself, to advocate making a conscious decision for choosing a 2ltr car with the analogue dials! It's quite a relief to know I'm not alone in being sligtly more restrained :lol:

When I was configurating my order spec, back in Feb/Mar, I agonised over the decision, wondering if I should go for all the dazzling new ICTP technology with the modern TFT driver's display, but in the end I settled for the 'real' dials because I kept coming back to the thought they just had more visual appeal . . . more aesthetically pleasing to me personally . . . but this meant settling for ICT rather than ICTP. If I'm totally honest I would have probably gone for ICTP if I could have had the analogue dials speedo along with the wider ICTP centre console display . . . but now, after hearing of all the subsequent problems people have had with the 'pro' software, I'm actually quite glad I was forced to go with the 'older' standard ICT . . sure it's less advanced, but it's biggest advantage is it works every time! :)

Anyway, I'm sure you'll enjoy your car in all that gorgeous Italian sunshine, when it arrives!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the welcome Catwoman,
Im already beginning to feel at home with the responses even before taking delivery of my F-Pace :)
Im with you with regards to the speed dials, I suppose its a bit like having a real watch with moving hands compared to the iWatch...not quite the same. I was also disappointed that I couldn't get the wider screen with the analogue speedo, but I can live that and the dials are exactly the same as my previous Jag... :(
Yes Im sure we will be enjoying the sunshine here when the car arrives but it will only be for 6 months or so and then we move back to the UK and yes the F-Pace is coming with us. Many a year ago I had a Golf mk1 GTI left hooker for 3 years in London, overtaking was a bummer I needed a passenger to help out then when overtaking really wasn't a big deal. From what I gather now in the UK overtaking is made more difficult; not looking forward getting stuck behind a caravan... unless they are pulling it with an F-Pace though :D

·
Registered
887 Posts
catwoman said:
Joemax said:
. . . I test drove the 2L and 3L diesel and settled for the 2L . . . I ordered the standard sat nav with analogue speedo
I hope you'll forgive me for selectively editing your quote (from your earlier post above), but those particular comments really stood out to me because I think you're actually the first person I can recall seeing on this forum, besides myself, to advocate making a conscious decision for choosing a 2ltr car with the analogue dials! It's quite a relief to know I'm not alone in being sligtly more restrained :lol:
I also beg forgiveness for selective quotes.

I wavered back and forth between ICT, ICT with head up display and ICTP, but in the end went for the ICTP. It was the ability to put the SATNAV on the instrument screen that clinched it for me as this gives more information than the head up display and is also just a quick glance down (plus no hole in the top of the dash).

On the few long runs I have done so far I have found the SATNAV on the instrument screen very good, especially in showing the relative positions of 'safety' cameras and me, all at a glance. On the other hand, Mrs Jim absolutely hates it and stopped the car and made me turn it off the one time she was driving the car on a non-local journey.

As to Digital v Analogue on the Mazda RX-8 I had years ago the main dial on the instrument panel was the rev counter and speed was just a set of red LED numbers. The RX-8 did give a nice discrete chime when one was running out of revs to hint that changing up shortly would be a good idea as the power and torque curves where virtually two straight lines right up to the rev limit (about 10,000 rpm if I remember correctly) with no other clues that the limit was being approached.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Select on quotes for me is not a problem guys, Im cool with that :cool:

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Lovely pics guys, thank you.

Arianne

1 - 16 of 16 Posts