1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
25th Jan

Hi There,

A quick hello to all,

Just joined here, having today been to my local Jaguar and sampled 4 hours of discussion on the F Pace

I am / will be a convert from Mercedes via Porsche, I have just withdrew my deposit from Porsche due to unacceptable customer service and delay tactics for the Macan S Diesel that I spaced at circa 55K and had 3 or was it 4 different delivery target dates and complete ignoring of my emails and telephone calls - so lets hope my local Jaguar is better - Chester

I look forward to interesting debate(s) on here and I look forward even more to worthy advice from more experienced & knowledgable F Pace stalwarts

Thanks

·
Registered
410 Posts
Hi, I also joined the forum today. Ive had Cayenne's since 2011 but with great service. The F Pace however has won me over so ordered an S 2 weeks ago :)

·
Registered
381 Posts
Interested to hear how you get on.

Some have tested 2.0d Ingenium XE v's 3.0d XF. The 3.0d would appear to be a different proposition completely (in a good way)

Ideally, I would have opted for a 2.0 petrol turbo with around 250bhp which I hoped would fall cost-wise between the 2.0d and 3.0d and return mid-30's mpg urban but not to be (yet at least) and I'm not patient enough to wait for JLR to develop the petrol Ingeniums. Shame, as there are some cracking new turbo petrol engines that have hit the market in the last couple of years from other (larger, mainstream) manufacturers.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi

My verdict is the 3 Ltr version by a long way.

There is a huge gap between the the 2 & 3 Ltr so for me its not a hard choice

There, in my humble opinion, a big difference both at low and higher speeds, the 2 Ltr just appears underpowered - sorry

·
Registered
131 Posts
Hi All,

Just placed an order for the r sport in upgraded black paint, 22 inch alloys and upgraded media system. Didn't go for black pack, opted for chrome contast. Saw the black colour on an XF at the Brussels motorshow and was very impressed.

The display F Pace also convined me to go for the 22' wheels. Was originally going to choose Grey/blue but did not look as good on the XF.

Dealer estimate for delivery may be as early as Apr 16; fortunate to purchase overseas from UK factory with tax off and discount.

Really excited...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Daveofshore if you spec'd a macan you should be able to get into the S.

I agree the difference in the engines is huge, this is especially so for the jag as most other manufactures use a 250bhp 3.0l rather than the 300+ version. This was what made me move away from ordering a macan as I was disappointed they did not use the more powerful version.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi from Malta,

I just placed the order for a 2.0D-Auto-Portfolio-Dark Sapphire + loads of extras
and can't wait to drive it :)
I guess it was a bit of a risk to order a new car without even seeing it or test drivin' it !

But anyway it's a JAG :)

need to wait at least 4-5 months

·
Registered
16 Posts
Just joined today, have had my deposit down for what seems like an eternity.

Ordered the First Edition and this will be my 6th Jag so didn't need much converting, to be honest would have gone Range Rover Sport but they are just so many of them on the roads, so this will keep my jag obsession going and my 4x4 craving sorted ;).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Steisin,

Its from Malta. I am very much interested in the F-Pace Portfolio 20D-Auto as well. To be honest I am still not prepared to take the risk of ordering without at least seeing one F-Pace live..... I am hoping I will be in the UK for business soon and will have the opportunity to see one. It seems but that the ones already on the road are not that much... Did you order from GasanZammit as I heard that soon Muscat motors will take over Jag in Malta??

Hope to see you around in your F-Pace.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi Kit081,

Nice to hear from you :)
Yes I ordered from Gasan Zammit although I know that JLR will be going to Muscats sometime June/July.
I have spoke frankly with both these agents and both assured me that there will be no problems with my order and servicing plan etc .
I can't wait until July to place the order as that would mean receiving the car in 12 months time !
I want one NOW :)
Up to now I also know of one other maltese who ordered before me.

cu
Steisin

1 - 15 of 15 Posts