Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After trading my F-Pace 25t in on a D5 (fall 2020), I replaced the D5 for a hybrid FFRR P400e, ( to make use of the surplus of my solarpanels).

Sadly the RR developed an incurable flaw, so I returned it to the dealer.

But I liked the P400e setup, so I now acquired a P400e S in a marketing package with signature wheels and some other stuff thrown in the deal.

My new ride-to-be. Portofino blue, light oyster interior with diamond stitching.
Wheels : 21" 'Style 5104', Diamond Turned Finish & Contrast Satin Dark Grey.
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Land vehicle

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Leunam, thanks !

I just spend 3 weeks in the Algarve with my P400e Range Rover. Holiday tip: Villalara Resort (Alporchinhos) has free fast charging for clients..

·
Registered
Waiting on MY22 R-Dynamic HSE D300, ordered mid-Dec '21, now due "end of June"
149 Posts
After trading my F-Pace 25t in on a D5 (fall 2020), I replaced the D5 for a hybrid FFRR P400e, ( to make use of the surplus of my solarpanels).

Sadly the RR developed an incurable flaw, so I returned it to the dealer.

But I liked the P400e setup, so I now acquired a P400e S in a marketing package with signature wheels and some other stuff thrown in the deal.

My new ride-to-be. Portofino blue, light oyster interior with diamond stitching.
Wheels : 21" 'Style 5104', Diamond Turned Finish & Contrast Satin Dark Grey.
View attachment 9273
Looks good, particularly with the sun shining off the angles. The more I see Portofino Blue the more happy I chose it for my R-Dynamic D300 HSE (when/if it eventually arrives!).

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Do you know off the joke/humor behind "Portofino Blue " ?

The F-Type has basicly been copied in major lines by Ferrari with the Roma.

I never heared of the Roma. But when I drove through Monaco with my son in june 2019 (in the Ultra Blue F-Type we had then),
carspotters turned away from the hypercars they were standing around (near the entrance of the tunnel people use to hear their engines better..:p ),
and started making photos of the F-Type.. ..I just thought they liked the car !!

But at that moment the Roma was still to be launched, so they thought they had a scoop I presume !!

They even make it in BRG..
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Some years later I read an article on the Roma, and I realised the lines are to much alike to be a coïncedence.

So after the Roma came out, Jaguar came with the colour "Portofino" ( a model name for Ferrari from the past)..

So then you could order an F-Type "Portofino"... .. and ofcourse other Jaguars too... ;) to Ferrari..

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Today I cancelled the purchase of the F-Pace. Gap between TOPIX-fantasia and reality continued to diverge..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts