Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Driving along and I heard a buzzing, turned off the audio and could still hear it... So left the engine running and got out of the car, opened the back doors, listened... nada from the speakers... hmmmmmm..... Opened the boot and ratatatatatatatatatata and a feint smell of burning....

Smell and sound coming from the fuse box on the right hand side, opened it up and the grey relay on the right hand side was buzzing away and stinking... took it out, and it was HOT HOT HOT! Put it back in and it seems ok, but - it's on the list and I AIN'T happy about it!

I refused my XE because water was leaking into the boot from somewhere (Jaguar never found out where) and shorted all the electrics, including stopping the car at 50mph on an A road losing all brakes, steering and electrics.... the chance of somthing melting or burning is a rather ironic opposite.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can't upload a video here so try this link on Vimeo :

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No - the online manual only shows fuses not relays. I'll dig around tomorrow possibly in the ashes where the FP was!

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
jonty1625 said:
No - the online manual only shows fuses not relays. I'll dig around tomorrow possibly in the ashes where the FP was!
Looked on the online manual and i can only find Fuses stated and does not mention what these relays do which is very strange.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It's says to look in the manual for information, in the manual! Looked at the paper copy and the schematic on the lid.

Was doing it again today!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts