Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI all

In the space of 2 weeks I have gone from deciding I need a new car to expecting to take delivery of F-Pace next week which is great! (someone dropped order so i get to pick it up)

However over the last 2 days i have been looking at this great forum and starting to think i may of made a mistake what with all the issues that the car seem to have.

My question is, is there anything i should be telling the dealer to do before i get the car to minimise me having the nightmare which I know alot of you have had ? IE software versions for In Control Touch etc

Thanks

Paul

·
Registered
688 Posts
I for one buck the trend on here and exhibit no issues, bodywork or ICTP related and I do have a good few extras added.. honestly there are a good few of us who are 100% happy with our cars.

Don't regret ordering the F-Pace based on comments here, its a beautiful car and excellent to drive. If you do find a few niggles then they will get sorted. If you were on here a few months ago, all the worries would have been around the squeaky rear end.. currently its ICTP. When that improves there may or may not be another hot topic on the forum.

You should definitely raise your concerns and ask them to keep an eye out for specific issues, but don't let it taint the buying and owning experience before you've even got the car. There are plenty of threads on here if you do a quick search showing what people have experienced.

2 weeks is a quick turn around and if you are having doubts because of this quick turn around.. thats another thing altogether.

what have you ordered by the way?

·
Banned
444 Posts
PaulM said:
HI all

In the space of 2 weeks I have gone from deciding I need a new car to expecting to take delivery of F-Pace next week which is great! (someone dropped order so i get to pick it up)

However over the last 2 days i have been looking at this great forum and starting to think i may of made a mistake what with all the issues that the car seem to have.

My question is, is there anything i should be telling the dealer to do before i get the car to minimise me having the nightmare which I know alot of you have had ? IE software versions for In Control Touch etc

Thanks

Paul
Please don't be put off by all you hear, unfortunately there are those that you can never please as I wrote in a recent post.

I have a 3.0D F- Pace, delivered in April, which has now covered 6,500 miles. Apart from a few minor glitches on the entertainment system, which will be resolved with the latest software download, it has been a joy to drive.

Jaguar will not allow any dealer to deliver a new car without applying the latest software.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank both, appreciate the quick and helpful replies. Good to hear and Finger crossed I have as good an experience as you did

Will let you know how I get on

Ordered 2.0d AWD, rsport, privacy glass, 19inch Bionics

·
Registered
688 Posts
and the all important colour?

·
Registered
887 Posts
Don't be put off, I have had my car for a month and it's great. Yes I do have issues with the ICTP, yes the interior isn't as luxurious as the XJ I had two cars ago, yes it isn't perfect, and it can't walk on water either. :)

However, it is a good car and I always have a smile on my face when getting in it and while driving. I expect the majority of issues that owners are experiencing (mainly to do with or affected by the ICTP system) will be resolved over the coming months. Other issues for some owners may not be resolved, but that will most likely be due to deficiencies in their specific car, not the F-Pace in general.

Like any new device or thing it can only have been tested so far before it is released and things will come out over the many millions of miles and different conditions that customers will put the car through.

The forums like this magnify the issues we owners have as in the main the topics are about the things that have gone wrong. I have yet to see a new topic that simply says 'Drove to the shops today, it was great fun and nothing particular or extraordinary happened', which is probably the experience of most owners, most of the time.

Hopefully when you pick up your car next week it will be all you want it to be.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Jim said:
jinjin said:
and the all important colour?
hopefully not yet another dull grey one :eek: :lol:
"storm" not dull ;)

I would have thought the ultimate Black would have been the most popular colour before reading this forum.

·
Super Moderator
1,953 Posts
Jim said:
hopefully not yet another dull grey one :eek: :lol:
Jim, tut tut, careful, we know where you live, you'll be getting a dead of night visit from the 'ammo-knights' and 'storm-troopers' . . :lol:

PaulM, welcome, from another completely happy F-Pace owner of nearly four months now. They're definitely not all problematic, just go in with your eyes open and you'll be fine :)

I love the 2 Ltr R-Sport, and I have the bionics on mine too, they're great! :p

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Welcome, another member here with no issues, despite some people suffering, others are not , and glad that the previous posts above all say the same.

4 weeks tomorrow and 1250 miles in.

You will love it, I do.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Believe what you read here as I have had plenty of issues, and still do. Do I want any other car? Hell no!! F-Pace is great!!! Just needs ICTP resolving and we are there.

·
Registered
419 Posts
No problems at all with mine Paul........................................................3rd Jaguar in 6 years and this one takes the proverbial biscuit. Even have mates who have recently bought RREs who are now regretting the decision and becoming green (not BRG) with envy when looking (and feeling) mine (car that is).

GO FOR IT.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Picking mine up Sunday. Very excited. I'll post some pics and first report next week.

·
Super Moderator
5,032 Posts
Main issues to raise, Panel Alignment can be hit or miss, some have issues where others do not, ITCP for some is 100% prefect for others not which is strange as you would have thought all would either work or not for everyone, finally get them to do all the Topix recalls like front suspension check, coolant level check ect ect.

Fingers crossed for you that you get a good one as apart from the many issues people have very few want anything else.

·
Banned
444 Posts
Regarding panel fit, I really think that some people are expecting too much for a mid range mass produced vehicle. As I previously mentioned 95% plus of Jaguar buyers are perfectly happy with the quality it is NOT a luxury vehicle.

In a recent post I mentioned that the upmarket body shop that I use has told me that the Jaguar product is on a par with Mercedes as far as panel fit and considerably better than Ferrari & Lamborghini!!

Come on guys stop whining about minor differences in panel gaps and enjoy the car.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Russell said:
Regarding panel fit, I really think that some people are expecting too much for a mid range mass produced vehicle. As I previously mentioned 95% plus of Jaguar buyers are perfectly happy with the quality it is NOT a luxury vehicle.

In a recent post I mentioned that the upmarket body shop that I use has told me that the Jaguar product is on a par with Mercedes as far as panel fit and considerably better than Ferrari & Lamborghini!!

Come on guys stop whining about minor differences in panel gaps and enjoy the car.
Sorry but had enough! If the gaps aren't right like mine weren't then I'm not accepting it, quite simple. If you want to settle for less then that's your choice but please don't advise me that I'm whining about poor quality. If I ran my business with poor quality fitments then I wouldn't have a business. Hope you enjoy your car in whatever state it's in

·
Registered
688 Posts
If you're unlucky enough to have an issue and your dealer agrees there is a problem then the onus is on them to fix it.. end of!

Everyone has the right to complain about something there are not happy with especially when that something costs circa £50000

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
If Peugeot and Hyundai can achieve spot on panel gaps it is not rocket science. What irritates me is having been on several factory tours they bang on about the robot precision assembly and the micro tolerances that they work to......that being the case these cars should not be rolling out the final check section in the state they currently are. They have a team checking cars rolling off production line under high LUX lighting checking paint finish panel alignment. Why bother?? After realigning my panels to sort the headlamps I then noticed my passenger door stepped in 3mm compared to the front wing. Wrong, wrong, wrong. If some people don't care can't be arsed or don't see these issues then good for you. When you come to trade it and the dealer pics up panel alignment issues asking has this car been in a shunt and knocks you down on price that's for you to accept, I'm certainly not accepting it.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.