Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all
Thought I would join as I have been reading all your comments for the last few months with great interest .

Deposit went down on an F pace in February .Order submitted to jag 31st march according to the dealer getting built in June and I should get my F pace early July. test drive booked with dealer for 22 April
On order R sport, ammonite, 20' venom .jet seats ,probably one of the few going for a manual gear box , incontrol pro, upgraded front discs,adaptive dynamics.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Welcome, another F PACER to the list :)

·
Super Moderator
1,953 Posts
My choice is for a manual too, but I'm sure we are going to be in the minority. My test drive is booked for next week and it's going to be in an 2.0d Portfolio auto. I haven't found a Dealer who has a manual even on show as a static display, so the chances of actually testing a manual looks to be zero. I still can't wait to see how the auto handles out on the road though, but it'll have to be really exceptional to convert me from wanting a manual; I just prefer the feeling of engagement driving a manual provides.

·
Registered
50 Posts
At last us manual fans are coming out of the woodwork. I agree we won't get one to try as a demonstrator (but if anyone hears of one please put me right). What would be good is to hear from the first person to actually get their hands on a manual. I am encouraged that the head technical man at the London preview day was really positive about how good the manual gearbox was in the F Pace and presumably he knows better than anyone. He said I wouldn't be disappointed with making this choice.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I guess, other than the convenience of auto and the fact that most of the reviews say the auto box is really rather good, the major reason I will be going auto is resale - exec cars are expected to have auto nowadays and I know how the conversation will go at resale/px in a couple of years - 'well sir, but most people expect auto on these cars etc. etc' I love driving a manual, I have a car with manual and one with auto, but I think fpace used buyers will be ticking auto on the must have list when they come to look to buy on the used market going forward.....

·
Registered
31 Posts
I agree with cat woman , I believe you are more in touch with the car, not just flexing your toes. If you do venture off road, which Ido regularly, I would much rather have that involvement with all the pedals.
Although probably right about the resale advantage of the auto.
R sport manual, delivery stated currently as June 6th ( fingers crossed no change)

·
Registered
247 Posts
Up until now I have always opted for manual - so much more fun. However, the auto boxes are SO much better - and there's always the paddles if you want to take a bit more control.

The thing that really sold me on an auto though, was when I recently drove a hire car with adaptive cruise. It made motorway driving incredibly relaxing. The 4 hour trip to Exeter felt like I'd only been driving half that time when I arrived.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.