Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, just thought I'd reintroduce myself, as three months have passed by since I signed up to this site and very little info from my dealer re build/delivery dates.

Deposit was placed on the 9th November 2015. I made one or two changes since and eventually finalised my spec in the middle of April. I'm thinking now, in hindsight, whether I should have firmed up the order much earlier. But there was no guidance on the value of this.

From what I've gathered from the dealer, I am near the top of the list, but he has no idea of firm dates. I get the impression from him, as well as reading this forum, that there's little the dealer can do to speed things up. I may however be completely wrong on this point.

I have been calling sporadically, but manage to glean very little information, as if his hands are tied. Is there another way, such as calling up JLR direct?

Just wondered how many other others there are in the same position (i.e. early deposits but no dates yet). I feel just a little fobbed off that they have had a grand of mine in their pocket now for over half a year, with hardly any update since - something seems amiss.

Had I known about the dealer allocation system I might have researched this better and gone to a different dealership where I would have been higher up the list.

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Hi ASM .. your dealer will have an estimated delivery date .. it's assigned as soon as they firm up your order .. ask to see a copy of the confirmation from Jaguar .. it's in the top right corner.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hi Asm
I ordered 2 days after you and I am in the same boat, maybe we have the same dealer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts