Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

Have been lurking for a while now, so thought its about time i signed up as this is the first place i'm checking for any new updates :)

Posting on behalf on my Dad, who finally confirmed his order a couple of weeks ago. He looked at the various competition from Merc, BMW and Audi (all quite dated), and also the Mitsubishi Phev, but as dad is coming from about 12 years of happy S-Type ownership, I think it was always going to be the Jag!

Like everyone else, he spent ages trying to decide on the spec. Started off with a sensible, little wheeled 2.0d prestige, but that didn't last long (damn that configurator!!).

The final result...

F-pace 2.0d Portfolio
Awd auto
Italian racing red
Latte windsor leather
22" chrome finish turbine alloys
Sliding pano roof
Heated steering wheel
InControl touch pro 380w
Adaptive dynamics
Configurable dynamics
Configurable mood lighting
Gesture tailgate
Full size spare
Rear seat remote release levers
Standard miles service pack

Got our invite to the showroom reveal in Castle Bromwich, very excited to get up close with it. I saw a grey prototype last year, randomly right outside of work, but by the time I got close it was driving away.

We are settled in for the wait now. Have been told delivery April/June, hopefully. It can't come soon enough though.

Happy days :cool:

Cheers

Chris and Pete (Dad)

·
Registered
539 Posts
Hi Chris and Pete,

Congratulations on the order, that's a lovely spec.

Have you seen the sliding pano roof in the flesh? A number of us started thinking we wanted one, but having seen a car up close at a preview event we changed our mind. There is a substantial bar that goes across the rear passenger roof, which kind of spoils the flow of the glass.

Obviously, that's just a few peoples opinion, you may much prefer the open roof - I just thought you might be interested to know.

Regards,
Neil

·
Registered
302 Posts
I too originally spec'd the sliding roof (why wouldn't you for just another £300), however I agree with Neil's comments that when seen in the flesh the bar across just ruins the effect.

I have a panoramic roof on my Evoque and to be honest if it did open I am wondering exactly how much I'd have it open! So now gone for the same panoramic on the F-Pace order.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you all for the welcome :D

We are counting down the days now ready for the reveal at castle brom, very very excited.!

Hopefully, I'll be able to pry the keys from him for a little cruise around the block :D . We use a Mitsubishi outlander for daily chores so the Jag will be a lovely, comfortable step up from that.

Dad does love his sunroof, he gets a lot of use out to be honest. It's seems to be quite the bargain @ 300 quid on the portfolio edition.

But yes we sat in a new xj with the sliding pan roof, I'm guessing it'll be much the same in the F. I do know what you mean how you lose the 'whole glass' look from the interior (moms car has a fixed pan roof) but the car will rarely have back seat passengers so I don't thing it'll be a problem. Its more like a normal sunroof option with an added bonus of some extra glass over the rear seats.

On a side note, that same XJ had the big screen nav and the tft (?) display/clocks (and a healthy 110k screen price!). What a cool bit of tech. I've read the F pace screen is a much more improved version, I can't wait to have a play with that :cool:

Cheers

Chris

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.