Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am getting the Sd, with pano roof, keyless entry and activity key, 14 way memory seats, but am undecided about heads up. Have not had it before so wont miss it but do those who have it find it essential?

·
Registered
410 Posts
First time had it on this car, love it :)

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
I was impressed by it, but not for the money they want for it. Also, one of the criticisms in the F-Pace video reviews is how the HUD is not worth it against the likes of BMW...

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
F-Pace S said:
I was impressed by it, but not for the money they want for it. Also, one of the criticisms in the F-Pace video reviews is how the HUD is not worth it against the likes of BMW...
Unfortunately we can't get the BMW one on an F-Pace so we are a tad limited to the Jag one!

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
CarlFRZ434 said:
F-Pace S said:
Unfortunately we can't get the BMW one on an F-Pace so we are a tad limited to the Jag one!
True, my point was that it is a lot f money for not a lot of quality/info ;)

·
Registered
363 Posts
I had the HUD on my XE and it was ok, but I echo the thoughts that the detail on the info (sat nav for example) isn't worth the extra. I would opt for ICTP and have the full digital dash set-up instead of the HUD. The sat nav instructions in general aren't the best on ICT - for example a left turn arrow could appear at 0.5 miles or in one case on the 6 for me, 16 miles away so you end up referring to the screen anyway a lot.

·
Registered
85 Posts
My personal opinion was to save myself £1200 and divert my eyes about 30cm downwards to the digital dash (with ICTP) to check speed or look at the satnav route. Spent that cash on a long haul flight upgrade instead! Tried the HUD on an XE test drive and found it a distraction and a bit unnecessary (so too the blind spot monitor and vibrating steering wheel)

·
Banned
1,133 Posts
:eek: :shock: Once you got the Hud ...you won't look down at the digital dash again ....it's not distracting at all...after a couple of trips you get so used to it you only view it through your peripheral vision....it's so natural. Can't recommend it enough....
So glad it was standard on the FE :D

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the advice. I have decided to get the HUD . The agent suggests everyone expects it in cars nowadays so will be better for resale. Also fun to have something new - besides the car!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts