Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went for a test drive and very pleased with driving dynamics etc. However my wife complained about the head rest pushing her head forwards and being uncomfortable. Apart from height adjustment can the rake angle be changed?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm so glad someone else has noticed this - Have ordered the 3.0D and whilst I was very happy with the way it drove during my test drive I found the headrest really uncomfortable. It will adjust up and down, but not backwards or forwards. The 14 way seats are very comfortable, but it just seems a shame that your shoulders can't site comfortably against the back of the seat without your head being tilted slightly downwards. It's probably what your used to, but as the spec of my car is £64k It might just be a deal breaker until there are other options available. Going back to test the Portfolio which I'm told has a different headrest so I can compare it to the S.

·
Registered
39 Posts
PGI said:
I'm so glad someone else has noticed this - Have ordered the 3.0D and whilst I was very happy with the way it drove during my test drive I found the headrest really uncomfortable. It will adjust up and down, but not backwards or forwards. The 14 way seats are very comfortable, but it just seems a shame that your shoulders can't site comfortably against the back of the seat without your head being tilted slightly downwards. It's probably what your used to, but as the spec of my car is £64k It might just be a deal breaker until there are other options available. Going back to test the Portfolio which I'm told has a different headrest so I can compare it to the S.
First thing my wife complained about when she first sat in one.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I'm really struggling to see what is the problem here , I'm 6ft 2 no problem at all , my partner is 5ft 7 and my daughter is 5ft 4 and a mate is 5 ft 10 and none of them has a problem with them ? All very strange

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My wife is a petite 5'2" and has no surplus fat to push her body forward which would then allow her head to be held in a normal position istead of being pushed by the head restraint. Tilting the seat back made no difference. Glad others have complained too. Off to try a Discovery sport on Monday. Simply the seat back head restraint don't suit her build so its a no so far as the f-pace is concerned unless a solution is found.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
There is a button on the two front head restraints but only to allow it to be lowered into the seat, not to adjust the angle. Tested it today specifically because of this thread. Unless I am missing something it only moves up and down. I could be wrong but I did try!

Arianne

1 - 9 of 9 Posts