Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone

I am new to this forum. Been looking at FPace for a while and deciding whether to order brand new or look at used. Finally found a close match to the spec I want and called the dealer today. Very polite on the phone and gave reasonable part-ex deal on an ex-demo 2.0 litre Portfolio (first registered April 2016). I Was overly happy but then asked him whether the car had a service plan attached. He called me back an hour later saying no service plan attached to it but if I agreed to pay £399 for Supaguard paint protection then they would add on the service plan (costing £569). We eventually agreed on £299 for the supaguard (and they will add on the standard mileage service plan) and I have paid £200 deposit over the phone. I then got thinking - have they conned me? Could the car have already had a service plan attached to it and they have just got me to pay an extra £299 for something I didn't really want and have never had on the car before? Can dealers add on a Jaguar service plan 8 months after first registration? If it turns out they have conned me then I will take it up with them and possibly cancel.
Thanks in advance for any advice.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Welcome,

I have read that a few got the service plan for free. But for the most, full price on not only the FP but options as well. I tried getting the service plan for free, even going as far as walking out of the dealership as I felt spending £47k on a new car and not getting anything for free wasn't on.

As for the paint guard personally it's not for me as I detail my own vehicles. The kit they use I can buy for £40, hence why dealers over this for free or discounted.

As for being conned, no. You're getting the price you wanted on your part exchange and the FP without having to wait a few months for a new build car. £299 for paint guard and the service plan :)

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Ditto, the key thing here is whether you are happy with the car and the overall deal. If you are then I would banish all thought of what the dealer already had or had not done with the Service Plan from your mind. It matters not if you are happy with the deal. Allow it to fester and it will spoil your happiness, which is more important here.

Enjoy your new car, it sounds lovely.

Arianne

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Personally I'd say you got a good deal. The service plan is an add on and is £569 as you say so getting that at£299 is a deal already and supaguard isn't my cup of tea but it's effectively free and does take labour and man hours to complete.

I'm sure they can add it on at anytime up to first service so that's surely not an issue. I got mine added after pickup so I know it can be done. (Petrol one was £899 and no chance of deal when I ordered over a year ago )

So even if it was part of the car originally - For £299 you got supaguard and a deal on a car you think is OK with or without service plan so I think all in it's a fair or really good deal whichever way it swings.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I think the question should be, could I have got a better deal rather than been had.
You were happy to pay a deposit for your deal go with your decision and enjoy.

I asked for the H/M service pack from a dealer were I had purchased 3 jaguars from previously and was told sorry nothing can be done on a new £50k + F Pace.
Surprised I rang a second dealer no previous call, detailed the spec and told him what I wanted, an hour later a call back they agreed the deal and yes I am happy but still wonder could I have got more lol.
Paid my £2k deposit and I can't wait till march whishing Christmas would soon be past!.
Funnily 2 days later my 1st choice of dealer called me and apologised for not offering what I asked for but was now willing to go ahead and include it!

It's the same both ways what if!!!

I know others will get or have had a better deal than me but I am V Happy.
Yours was obviously many £1ks cheaper than mine and you will have it before me jealous yes.
Enjoy Happy Christmas.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you guys - very reassuring responses. Can't wait to collect the FPace between Xmas and new year.....have been driving BMWs for 10 years now so looking forward to the change

·
Registered
922 Posts
Hi and welcome, agree that you have to be happy with deal and don't get into the mind trap of what if..... it will spoil what should be an nice time in your life that others perhaps would love to be in your position.
Anyway.... pictures man.... pictures.... we love details like that.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Jags cat said:
Hi and welcome, agree that you have to be happy with deal and don't get into the mind trap of what if..... it will spoil what should be an nice time in your life that others perhaps would love to be in your position.
Anyway.... pictures man.... pictures.... we love details like that.
Totally agree Jags cat, you should look forward to getting the F-Pace and cut out the whinging...too much of that going on this forum and in my opinion I feel Im surrounded by grumpy old men. Lighten up guys, life is good :D

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
I didn't get anything from Jaguar when I paid £60k for mine, was I disappointed? Yes. Has it marred the experience? No. I love everything about it, despite my issues, and have another coming in Jan/Feb, so I say, pay, enjoy it, and pst us some pictures chap.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So in relation to above posts I was on my to the dealer just before the new year to collect my ex-demo F-Pace when I had a call saying that whilst preparing the car they had picked up on 3 warranty recalls - they just wanted to let me know that I could have the car but it would have to go to my local dealer to sort the recalls. After a lot of messing about I decided to cancel - simply don't have the time and would have expected the dealer to have sorted recalls a bit sooner than 2 hours before collection!
Moving forward I have found another similar used F-Pace Portfolio and it is being delivered to me on Wednesday! Very excited. Just a quick question - I don't fancy paying £150 for a Jaguar branded boot mat. have seen lots of rubber boot mats online around £40-50 on ebay etc. Any recommendations. I will be buying the cupholder covers as advertised on this site.
Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Registered
612 Posts
I have the mat, it's very solid and well made. I did have a cheap Ebay one on my last car and I could instantly tell the Jag one was very thick and solid and fits perfectly ... where my older one on my Kia always felt like it was "almost" a perfect fit.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Having tried 'alternative' boot mats for previous cars I have found that they have never lived up to the quality and fit of a genuine mat - I have the mat and it certainly worth the money - IMHO

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
And, from recent experience, they stink... literally...

I got the Jag one for ~£110 inc postage via ebay and a main dealer so just keep your eye out for a deal...

It is well worth it though bear in mind, if you have the 'spinal tap' side net the mat goes under it and in theory you can't have both...

·
Registered
688 Posts
I've received some rubber mats I ordered from http://www.carmats-uk.com. will be fitting them once I give the car a clean and will see how they go. For £40 I thought it worth a go

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Presumably you haven't gone for Rum infused mats?!

I bought some from these guys for my X-Type last month and while they don't smell as much and are nicely made, they are too slippy for me to drive safely in - despite choosing what I thought was the 'roughest' profile....

·
Registered
688 Posts
:) I try to keep off the rum when driving though the typo (now corrected) might not show that!

The rubber on this mat seems quite tactile but the proof is in the pudding

1 - 19 of 19 Posts