Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
......................actually taken a trouble free delivery of any species of this vehicle and is still continuing to enjoy the decision made to buy one. This board gives the impression it was established to denigrate the most 'anticipated' (pinched from a video review) SUVs ever to hit the road. Well, mine is due to hit the road around 6 October and after reading through just about all the threads on here I can't say I'm expelling anything other than bated breath. Can someone put me out of my misery please :?: Hello to you all by the way, first post.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
67 Posts
I have done over 3000 miles and the only problem I have had is me trying to get the sat nav to send me the way I want it to instead of its preferred route
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,228 Posts
Hi DIW - not sure who you think is denigrating the FP? I don't think anyone is unfair in their criticism. The intention is constructive. To share ideas for resolution. To feel supported in our desire to have the perfect car, and perhaps in some small way to influence JLR to stop churning out cars with issues. Hopefully forewarned is forearmed.

Expect issues with ICTP, but the long awaiting major upgrade might be released in time for your delivery, so you could be lucky. In either event it will get fixed. The tech is great. I love it, despite it's glitches. It's going into every JLR product so they can't afford for it to fail.

Expect panel alignment issues, however try to mitigate these with a conversation with your dealer to fix at PDI (although that didn't work for me)

You'll probably be OK with everything else. I was just unlucky with my other issues but they are minor and will get fixed.

I still wouldn't have anything else.

So relax, be informed, prepared, and enjoy!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
473 Posts
JLRnumber5 said:
Hi DIW - not sure who you think is denigrating the FP? I don't think anyone is unfair in their criticism. The intention is constructive. To share ideas for resolution. To feel supported in our desire to have the perfect car, and perhaps in some small way to influence JLR to stop churning out cars with issues. Hopefully forewarned is forearmed.

Expect issues with ICTP, but the long awaiting major upgrade might be released in time for your delivery, so you could be lucky. In either event it will get fixed. The tech is great. I love it, despite it's glitches. It's going into every JLR product so they can't afford for it to fail.

Expect panel alignment issues, however try to mitigate these with a conversation with your dealer to fix at PDI (although that didn't work for me)

You'll probably be OK with everything else. I was just unlucky with my other issues but they are minor and will get fixed.

I still wouldn't have anything else.

So relax, be informed, prepared, and enjoy!
+1

love mine its a great drive, engine is wonderfully even getting 24mpg now at 2000 miles which is better than I expected...

ITCP will get fixed..... as JLR don't have a choice its going in every model...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, sorry, denigrate was probably too strong a word but what I was after was a counter balance between those who are happy with their experience versus those who are decidedly not given the collective host of items which appear, quite rightly, to have spoiled their experience to an almost alarming degree. Anyway thanks to those above who have responded with your views on FP ownership to date and for the tips on preparing for D day at the dealers establishment when the vehicle I have waited months for finally gets that awful red cover pulled off. This will be the third time I've had the cover pulled off a Jag at my current dealer and, so far, never a problem of any description. Could I be so lucky again. One thing about this new vehicle is it will continue to look the absolute bees knees whether it's in my parking space or in the dealers workshop, any consolation?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,228 Posts
DIW .. there have been moments (very brief moments) in the past two weeks when I've thought "should I have bought that Macan, or the GLC, or the SQ5?" and then I have stepped outside my front door to this .......

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Photograph


.... need I say more????
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
141 Posts
Hi DIW

Yep Im one of the lucky ones too - 2 weeks and 500 miles and absolutely love it.

I have tried to share my experience and how this forum helped me increase my chances of getting it right in the Introduction section "Why this forum has been brilliant for me". Hopefully you too will have as good if not better experience particularly as you're a seasoned Jag owner whilst I'm new to the marque.

All the best

Mike
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Mark, thanks Mike. These are just the sort of comments I was hoping for in order to balance the positives and the negatives so far recorded on the Board. Anymore for anymore, I'm beginning to feel better already and hopefully those who are due delivery in the immediate future will at least be getting the chance to put their own perspective on what they have read so close to collection day.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,045 Posts
My issues are the dealers and Jaguar, the car is great and I really am enjoying it. It does want I want and a bit more, but I need a bit of help with some of the little niggles and to feel that my concerns are valid when I go to the dealers, right now my garden fence is more interested in my car than the dealer.

For example, I took car in for mud flaps (oh no not them again!) and a list of things including not hearing the sub-woofer. I was told the 380W system didn't have one. On collecting the car I gave the "expert" the Meridian print out showing location. Has dealer bothered to contact me and sort this out, no chance, they hope I'll forget!

In summary, the cars are great, the dealers are not, hassle them!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,378 Posts
Hi DIW, mine is being built this week, so probably a week before you on delivery, and I myself am worrying as I mentioned in another thread. I have come to the conclusion that aside from misaligned panels and ICTP, the two main issues now the suspension creaking is sorted, can and will be sorted.

To that end, having revelled in JLR5, Badger, and cat woman to name just three, experiences and how they love them despite some issues, that is good enough to put my worries away largely...

As JLR5 says, just look at it!! Saw an IRR today on the road, which I am having, and couldn't wait to change, it gave me a tingle just sitting behind it!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You see, in a post above there is a connotation that all Jaguar Dealers are not great. Again, just for balance, will somewhere come along and tell us that this is not the case and that when they had a problem their dealer acted in an exemplary, professional, interested, concerned manner right up to the point where he handed your vehicle back to you in a condition that one should expect of the marque and given how much you had forked out for it. There must be someone out there who was impressed by their dealer. Incidentally, I'm not paid by Jag to write a post like this. LOL
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
473 Posts
DIW said:
You see, in a post above there is a connotation that all Jaguar Dealers are not great. Again, just for balance, will somewhere come along and tell us that this is not the case and that when they had a problem their dealer acted in an exemplary, professional, interested, concerned manner right up to the point where he handed your vehicle back to you in a condition that one should expect of the marque and given how much you had forked out for it. There must be someone out there who was impressed by their dealer. Incidentally, I'm not paid by Jag to write a post like this. LOL
my dealer mixed, the sales experience was frankly shocking perhaps the worst I have experienced in a long time never ever rang me once to give me an update in 10 months after I placed an order, I won't bore you with all the details (have already bored others in another thread on that topic :mrgreen: ) but the service function is better they just appear to hamstrung by JLR, I simply don't understand (and can't accept) why my dealer had to take photos and wait 48 hours after sending the info to Jag for them to authorise my front diff oil leak repair. I presume it was because they had to send a new diff as well as seals just in case... but really a less than 10 day old car with a mechanical fault that they had charged £62k for they should have helicoptered the spares in (joking) and got me back in the drivers seat same day....

That was not the service departments fault and they did what they could but only towards the end of the week did they start ringing me with updates for the first three days nothing unless I rang.

So on balance I will give my service dept a qualified 6/10 with hope they can improve sales, product knowledge 7/10, proactivity 1/10, test drive duration and route and letting me take out an Ftype to sample the SC engine 9/10, helping me get the car quickly and call down 2/10.

I recommend Arianne's dealer in Scotland they seem good :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
922 Posts
Taunton Jaguar, Dean Bowden, knows his stuff and always kept us up to date.. Even when there was no news, he rang to say "checked "and no news.!! Like everything in life there are good, bad and the in between standards due to the fact that a human gets involved at some point :? with the additional errors of mechanicals and electrics... :roll: Which will also at some point go wrong too.
Jags cat... :shock: :shock: :eek: Not so much a glass half empty bloke... :? More like there is no sodding glass anyway to be half empty :lol: :lol: .. And I wish those spirits would stop coming round every Chrismas eve too... baaahhh humbug :roll:
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
5,035 Posts
DIW said:
Yes, sorry, denigrate was probably too strong a word but what I was after was a counter balance between those who are happy with their experience versus those who are decidedly not given the collective host of items which appear, quite rightly, to have spoiled their experience to an almost alarming degree. Anyway thanks to those above who have responded with your views on FP ownership to date and for the tips on preparing for D day at the dealers establishment when the vehicle I have waited months for finally gets that awful red cover pulled off. This will be the third time I've had the cover pulled off a Jag at my current dealer and, so far, never a problem of any description. Could I be so lucky again. One thing about this new vehicle is it will continue to look the absolute bees knees whether it's in my parking space or in the dealers workshop, any consolation?
I have had issues but I for one do not want any other car, just wanted mine perfect as I paid a lot of money.

Like me I am sure your enjoy the car and driving.

But as mentioned this site is for all things good and bad and if bad try to constructively come up with ways people have approached issues, yes at times people are angry and quite rightly so as stated a lot of money has been paid but deep down we love the Fpace.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,073 Posts
I've not had a big issue with the car failing or not working. Had the ICTP drop my phone twice in 1000 miles and a couple of other minor glitches including the know CD player issue - skipping won't eject until turn engine off.
A "reboot" has fixed each niggle

Once the update comes out I'll go in with it but perfectly happy with most of it. Camera is out as well but just now don't use it as intended and use the other line (outside one)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
410 Posts
Very minor side mirror not always returning fully when reversing but no other problems
 
1 - 20 of 47 Posts
Top