Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
After a test drive at the weekend I've taken the plunge and placed an order for a Portfolio (Italian red with black interior). The dealer hasn't given me a date yet - if anyone else has placed an order in the last couple of weeks, what dates are you getting? I know that dates are only indicative (and I know there will be a long wait) but just interested to get an idea.
Lots of info already picked up from the forum which will be useful while I spend the next months finalising the spec...

Thanks for your help

·
Registered
44 Posts
Congratulations on placing your order! I placed mine a couple of weeks ago from Stratstone in Cardiff and I was told October at the latest, but it's more than likely it'll be sooner. Hopefully it'll come sooner rather than later :D

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks & glad to hear your optimism :). If it were October or sooner I would be absolutely delighted!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Order placed 1st May 2016, told October/November but called 2 days later asking if I wanted it at the end of June- the answer was YES please!!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Saski said:
Order placed 1st May 2016, told October/November but called 2 days later asking if I wanted it at the end of June- the answer was YES please!!
Good lord, i'm sure there is no way you would decline that! If you don't mind me asking what dealership was it? I should have gone there!!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow, very jealous of Saski but resigned to hearing many such stories over the coming months... Enjoy the good fortune :)

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Hi bucksjag - I ordered last Friday - got a date on Tuesday of 22nd Sept. The dealer said his 3.0dS cars were being built late July/early Aug so he hoped he could bring that date in.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok, that's interesting - may not be as bad as I feared. Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Sted24, the dealership is Stratstone and I am a longstanding customer with Stratsone Land Rover. I would guess my order was being placed just as someone else cancelled theirs. I'm not normally lucky but am really grateful to the dealer, I wish all orders would be that quick for everyone, we all just want our cars now!

·
Registered
22 Posts
sted24 said:
Congratulations on placing your order! I placed mine a couple of weeks ago from Stratstone in Cardiff and I was told October at the latest, but it's more than likely it'll be sooner. Hopefully it'll come sooner rather than later :D
I also ordered from Stratstone Cardiff 3 may, told nov build so santa could be driving it, also told that they would do their best we will see.

·
Registered
44 Posts
garyxf said:
sted24 said:
I also ordered from Stratstone Cardiff 3 may, told nov build so santa could be driving it, also told that they would do their best we will see.
When I took the test drive about 3 weeks ago with Keith he said that they had had 50 orders since their launch day, so with mine and yours at least thats 52 and I have no idea how many slots they have. Lets hope they are pretty active and they arrive before their due date :) this is my first experience with them so I can't really comment on their past performance but they seemed very helpful at the time!

G

·
Hello

we placed our order about 3 weeks ago, and have been told Sept for delivery

the order is still in a holding pool .. thats all we know

regards

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks Kaspa, that's what I have been told (i.e. it is in the holding pool) but no month yet. The dealer did say I should firm up any order variations ASAP as he had just put an order update for another customer through which had pushed the build date from June to August. So I'll be nailing my spec very soon!

·
Registered
688 Posts
evening all.. first post here!

I've put a deposit down on my F-Pace on Monday 9th May and was told the similar October timeline.

I don't expect to hear again from my dealer until September time when they want me to finalise my spec.. it's going to be a long long summer

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
jinjin said:
evening all.. first post here!

I've put a deposit down on my F-Pace on Monday 9th May and was told the similar October timeline.

I don't expect to hear again from my dealer until September time when they want me to finalise my spec.. it's going to be a long long summer
Hi jinjin
That's not very good advice you've been given. You'd be better to lock your spec in as soon as possible if you want to secure the earliest possible delivery date. And also keep on the back of your dealer.
Who is your supplier?

·
Registered
688 Posts
JLRnumber5 said:
Hi jinjin
That's not very good advice you've been given. You'd be better to lock your spec in as soon as possible if you want to secure the earliest possible delivery date. And also keep on the back of your dealer.
Who is your supplier?
Hey

It was Lancaster Jag in Sevenoaks. I was told that they don't know how many build slots/allocations they will be getting and once that is confirmed they will get back in touch so I can lock in my order into the system.

I've ordered after the demo cars hit the showrooms (probably like many others) and they don't seem to commit to dates.

·
Registered
44 Posts
sted24 said:
garyxf said:
sted24 said:
When I took the test drive about 3 weeks ago with Keith he said that they had had 50 orders since their launch day, so with mine and yours at least thats 52 and I have no idea how many slots they have. Lets hope they are pretty active and they arrive before their due date :) this is my first experience with them so I can't really comment on their past performance but they seemed very helpful at the time!
So after popping up to the dealership to show my girlfriend the car, the dealer popped over and said that rather than a delivery date of 29/10, it will be built on the 01/07 and the estimated handover date will be 03/08 :D however, as it is that close to September i'm choosing to put of delivery for the 66 plate. The only snag will be that we're off to Florida for 2 weeks in Sept so I don't know whether i'll be able to wait until late September to collect or before we go away, oh the decisions :lol:

·
Registered
688 Posts
jinjin said:
JLRnumber5 said:
Hi jinjin
Who is your supplier?
Hey

It was Lancaster Jag in Sevenoaks. I was told that they don't know how many build slots/allocations they will be getting and once that is confirmed they will get back in touch so I can lock in my order into the system.

I've ordered after the demo cars hit the showrooms (probably like many others) and they don't seem to commit to dates.
Just as a follow up, I just got a call from my dealer advising me that the holding pool has been extended. Said that jag are moving to 7 days a week production for the f-pace and they were looking for confirmed builds to allocate for delivery late Sept. Not holding my breath until I see it in writing though. Does mean I need to finalise my spec tonight and let him know asap

·
Registered
492 Posts
Ordered mine on 14th May was told xmas delivery , updated options on 16th May received email delivery expected 6 Dec,

1 - 19 of 19 Posts