Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had the call from my dealership today saying my car will be ready around 4 weeks early and should be with them in around 2 weeks time.

I'm busy preparing my 'snagging list' to send in advance, consisting of the problems members have raised on our forum; I've made clear I won't be accepting the car if they are present. I've included making sure it has ICTP Pro 'patch 3' installed, and that shut lines are spot on along with other issues raised on the various threads.

Any other advice or suggestions for my meetings with the dealer over the next 2 weeks would be greatfully received. I'm trading in my Q5 S-Line Plus so have my sleeves rolled up ready for the "depreciation since we quoted you a trade-in value" conversation.

Thanks.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Have you checked what wbac and others would offer for your car? I checked and told the dealer I would either trade it in for their (the dealer's) offer or would up my cash input for what ever I got more elsewhere. They were happy either way and I eventually took their offer (made after I made my position clear and how much I expected) as is was a small amout less but not enough to make the hassle of sorting out the cash transfers, transport to the dealers, etc. worth bothering with.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks both,

Jim - that's' the approach I'm taking. I've got a reasonable view of private/trade in prices should be and managed to get a high valuation from them back in July so I think they should be in the ball-park of what I am after. Like you I'll then look at any shortfall and judge whether it is worth the hassle.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Jander, please remember one very important thing - try and enjoy the experience! Your post makes it sound like you are going to war, rather than picking up your new car.

/dons flack jacket/

Most FP's are mainly trouble free out there, even on this forum.

·
Banned
444 Posts
F-Pace S said:
Jander, please remember one very important thing - try and enjoy the experience! Your post makes it sound like you are going to war, rather than picking up your new car.

/dons flack jacket/

Most FP's are mainly trouble free out there, even on this forum.
Unfortunately this site has its fair share of Jagmoaners, constantly banging on about rejection etc.... Let me assure you that this forum is not representative of the majority of "normal" owners, whom for the most part are entirely satisfied.

OK I'm taking a stab in the dark here but I would guess and I do stress the word, only around 2% to 3% of F-Pace customers are contributors to these blogs.

The 7 or 8 people that I have spoken to face to face, either in the street or at my dealership about there ownership experiences with the F-Pace have been entirely positive!

Before I am berated once more for being a prior Jagmoaner , for which I have apologised in recent posts, some the negativity that engulfs this forum is depressing and dare I say contagious!

Come on guys it's a great car and in reality suffers no more issues that it's competitors. Let us promote and persuade others to BUY BRITISH. :D

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
In fairness Russell is probably quite right. I am just one of the unlucky ones. Yesterday there were 3 FP owners delivering their cars to the dealer to have the update, all with similar problems although mine with the longer list. I don't know how many FPs my dealer has sold but I'm prepared to believe I am in the minority not the majority. I do strongly resent being called a moaner however. I've been delighted with my last 4 JLR cars. I've never joined a forum before, but have found this one invaluable for helping me keep my sanity when at first I was being told "oh we've never seen that before!"

The service manager let me know I was in "good company" as her managers car was also waiting for the same fixes, so that did make me feel a bit better.

·
Banned
444 Posts
JLRnumber5 said:
In fairness Russell is probably quite right. I am just one of the unlucky ones. Yesterday there were 3 FP owners delivering their cars to the dealer to have the update, all with similar problems although mine with the longer list. I don't know how many FPs my dealer has sold but I'm prepared to believe I am in the minority not the majority. I do strongly resent being called a moaner however. I've been delighted with my last 4 JLR cars. I've never joined a forum before, but have found this one invaluable for helping me keep my sanity when at first I was being told "oh we've never seen that before!"

The service manager let me know I was in "good company" as her managers car was also waiting for the same fixes, so that did make me feel a bit better.
I fully understand your sentiments but it can become a little too intense at times, in as much as contributors seem to feed off the negativity rather than loosing touch with reality. :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Delivery next Friday!

Good meeting with my dealer today - as I'd hoped, the car I ordered in July has come through early by around 4 weeks and will be delivered to the dealer tomorrow. I've arranged Handover for Friday.

Thanks for all your supportive words - no need for a tin hat though! Been really pleased with the service from the dealer, and even more pleased with getting £1k more trade in than I'd expected after scouring Glass's/Honest John's websites etc.

The vehicle which is arriving, matches my spec which is a relief, and the dealer was refreshingly honest about shut lines and software patches and agreed they would be addressed/ installed before handover.

Looking forward to Friday - now all I need to do is find where I saved my bloody online insurance documents!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.