Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you please tell me exactly what this "update" will do and answer the following questions:

1. Will there be any affect on my driving experience.
2. Is this a compulsory update?
3. If I was decline this update would it affect my warranty?
4. Has my vehicle been running with the incorrect CO2 emmissions to date?

Thanks
Font Number Screenshot Electric blue

Attachments

·
Registered
208 Posts
June16 said:
Can you please tell me exactly what this "update" will do and answer the following questions:

1. Will there be any affect on my driving experience.
2. Is this a compulsory update?
3. If I was decline this update would it affect my warranty?
4. Has my vehicle been running with the incorrect CO2 emmissions to date?

Thanks
F65AD943-B4F8-4524-A948-291EAB77C663.jpeg
Good Morning June16

Thank you for your post.

I would like to take the opportunity to answer your questions.

You can continue to drive your car, but it is advised that you contact a Jaguar Land Rover approved retailer should you have any concerns regarding your vehicle. There are some minor changes to the overall vehicle experience, specifically; petrol customers may notice that the Stop/Start feature is operating at lower engine temperatures.

At this time, this is a voluntary recall. However, the outstanding campaign will be implemented at the next scheduled service for your vehicle. Therefore this would not affect any warranty policy you have in place.

In regards to the current CO2 levels of your vehicle up until this point, when tested to the New European Drive Cycle (NEDC), the results were approximately 2% adverse to the certified values. The amount of increased CO2 emissions will vary greatly due to differing driving style.

I hope this has answered your questions. Should you seek further information then please do not hesitate to contact me.

Alternatively, you can contact your local approved retailer.

Many Thanks

Dan - Jaguar UK

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi
Thanks for the response.
However you haven't answered the following points, can you advise please?

1. Will there be any affect on my driving experience. I always switch stop start off every journey, it's a pointless function in my eyes only there to meet emmissions tests. To operate this with a colder engine can only lead to premature engine wear.
&
2. If I was decline this update would it affect my warranty? I believe I am within my rights to refuse this update, however dealers must update before resale.

If it's only 2% and my car is running fine I will probably refuse to have this update, I see no reason to mess with what's running perfectly fine. After all there's far more pollution in the world to worry about than that extra 2% contribution from my car!.

It would be good if you can advise what the update will change exactly from an engineering perspective.
i.e if stop start is to change , how is it to change- which parameters are altered and by how much , and what else is to change ??

The marketing speil we get makes for difficult comprehension of facts.

Thanks In Advance.

S

·
Registered
577 Posts
June16, It does say it is voluntary, but it will be picked up and dealt with if not on your next service. So it is 'sort of voluntary'

·
Registered
208 Posts
June16 said:
Hi
Thanks for the response.
However you haven't answered the following points, can you advise please?

1. Will there be any affect on my driving experience. I always switch stop start off every journey, it's a pointless function in my eyes only there to meet emmissions tests. To operate this with a colder engine can only lead to premature engine wear.
&
2. If I was decline this update would it affect my warranty? I believe I am within my rights to refuse this update, however dealers must update before resale.

If it's only 2% and my car is running fine I will probably refuse to have this update, I see no reason to mess with what's running perfectly fine. After all there's far more pollution in the world to worry about than that extra 2% contribution from my car!.

It would be good if you can advise what the update will change exactly from an engineering perspective.
i.e if stop start is to change , how is it to change- which parameters are altered and by how much , and what else is to change ??

The marketing speil we get makes for difficult comprehension of facts.

Thanks In Advance.

S
Good Morning June16

Thank you for your response.

The only minor changes to driving experience are the ones I have detailed above regarding the stop/start feature.

As a responsible manufacturer, Jaguar Land Rover work with the relevant authorities such as DVSA, DVLA and SMMT to ensure that the correct course of action is put into place, therefore this campaign will be implemented by your retailer at your next service.

Unfortunately a service cannot be accomplished successfully unless this campaign is completed.

I can however, confirm once again that this campaign, and any temporary rejection of it will have no effect on any warranty policy you currently have taken out against the vehicle.

Should you wish to be informed of the specific scope of work that will be carried out as a result of the recall, then I would advise that you contact your local retailer.

Many Thanks

Dan - Jaguar UK

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Dan,
Can you enlighten further on this statement please ?

"Unfortunately a service cannot be accomplished successfully unless this campaign is completed."

Can you advise why an oil and filter change ( a service) is affected by stop start parameters?

It would appear then that this has nothing to do with a routine servicing, so the above statement seems at odds with what is carried out on a service. Specifically CO2 levels are not checked on a service. It would merely show as an outstanding campaign and can be ignored as many other campaigns are.

On a further point of interest , the admission of higher CO2 than advertised and stated would mean that these cars have effectively been miss-sold . Under the misrepresentation act 1967.

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1967/7

Namely
Font Screenshot Parallel Number Document

Attachments

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
DPE said:
June16, It does say it is voluntary, but it will be picked up and dealt with if not on your next service. So it is 'sort of voluntary'
It's "compulsory " if you cannot refuse it, the excuse of a service is utter poppycock.

·
Registered
208 Posts
June16 said:
Thanks Dan,
Can you enlighten further on this statement please ?

"Unfortunately a service cannot be accomplished successfully unless this campaign is completed."

Can you advise why an oil and filter change ( a service) is affected by stop start parameters?

It would appear then that this has nothing to do with a routine servicing, so the above statement seems at odds with what is carried out on a service. Specifically CO2 levels are not checked on a service. It would merely show as an outstanding campaign and can be ignored as many other campaigns are.

On a further point of interest , the admission of higher CO2 than advertised and stated would mean that these cars have effectively been miss-sold . Under the misrepresentation act 1967.

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1967/7

Namely
747D0CBE-6F84-4653-9394-5741AC09E9E7.jpeg
Good Morning June16

Thank you for your reply.

It is standard procedure within our approved retailers that any outstanding campaigns will be implemented at the point of service.

The current recall is due to the fact that affected vehicles do not consistently achieve the expected levels of CO2 emissions during the course of Conformity of Production (CoP) testing and as such are being rectified to ensure the correct CO2 performance is dependably achieved.

So, as a responsible manufacturer it is our duty to ensure that this campaign is carried out to meet regulation.

Should you have any further questions I would advise that you contact your retailer.

Many Thanks

Dan - Jaguar UK

·
Registered
97 Posts
So to clarify, taking a 2018 2 litre Diesel AWD
Does this recall make the vehicle engine tune/map identical to a 2019MY?
Basically the engine idle speed/RPM, adblue usage and Stop start etc would be as a 2019 MY vehicle.
Syd

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Good Morning June16

Thank you for your reply.

It is standard procedure within our approved retailers that any outstanding campaigns will be implemented at the point of service.

The current recall is due to the fact that affected vehicles do not consistently achieve the expected levels of CO2 emissions during the course of Conformity of Production (CoP) testing and as such are being rectified to ensure the correct CO2 performance is dependably achieved.

So, as a responsible manufacturer it is our duty to ensure that this campaign is carried out to meet regulation.

Should you have any further questions I would advise that you contact your retailer.

Many Thanks

Dan - Jaguar UK
Thanks Dan,
As mine was serviced a couple of weeks ago , it can wait for next year.😀👍

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Dan
Having taken advice on the proposed changes to vehicle engine software ,bid like to inform you of the following:
I've been informed that you can refuse the update as you own the car. They have no legal right to apply any updates or make any changes to the vehicle that you explicitly refuse and inform them of this, it is your property to do with as you wish.😎

Just to add to this
When you take your car to the dealer , you are always asked for a signature , this signature forms a contract that you are agreeing to the work stipulated.
You simply add a line saying "I DO NOT authorise the application H185 recall engine software to be applied to this vehicle " . And sign it , this forms part of your contract and comes under contract law for legal purposes. 😎😎.

That little scribble of your signature carries a lot of weight in contract law.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Dan,
I really appreciate, that you answer on yours customers questions regarding the H185 update!! I have asked the Austrian Jaguar Customer support and I did not get any answer since weeks!

I doubt, that for petrol engines only the stop/start feature was updated. I let the H185 Software update applied into my car (2.0T) and my User expierences with my Jag after the application is a different one.

1) I always switch off the stop/start feature like "june16", so no difference at this point.
2) I encountered a different engine behaviour during the cold start phase. The engine is changing the high rpm between 1600rpm and 1500rmp in a 2 sec interval until the warm-up sequence is finished.
3) I recognized a slightly higher fuel consumption of about 0,5 and 0,8 ltr.
4) It seems to me, that the switching cycle of the automatic gear was changed, so the automatic gear switches earlier than in the past (in the Normal setting mode).
5) The engine sound became muffled, so the exhaust sound changed accordingly.
6) I think, that in the "Normal Mode" the car is noticeable more inharmonious. For smooth riding, the "Eco Mode" is the new choice, which was not the case before the H185 update.

In general: My car was a hissing jaguar before the update and after applying H185 it is now a purring cat!

So I would really appreciate if I can get in detail , what the H185 update changes in the engine, I think, it is not only the stop/start behavior.

best regards
Alfred

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hi all, mine's in today for the recall, I'll let you all know what I find after it's been done.

·
Registered
208 Posts
aec2514 said:
In general: My car was a hissing jaguar before the update and after applying H185 it is now a purring cat!

So I would really appreciate if I can get in detail , what the H185 update changes in the engine, I think, it is not only the stop/start behavior.

best regards
Alfred
Good Morning Alfred

Thank you for your post.

I am happy to hear your comments on the level of service we provide, and hope you continue to benefit from our presence on the Forum in the future.

Unfortunately, I am limited to what I can share in regards to the detail of what is specifically changed in the engine with the H185 update, however I can confirm that all vehicles affected receive corrective repairs and software updates to assure they dependably achieve CO2 emissions performance.

Should you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact me.

Many Thanks

Dan - Jaguar UK

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Unfortunately, I am limited to what I can share in regards to the detail of what is specifically changed in the engine with the H185 update, however I can confirm that all vehicles affected receive corrective repairs and software updates to assure they dependably achieve CO2 emissions performance.
Can you find someone who is not limited then and advise.
You cannot expect owners to just accept an update without providing any details. In press reports JLR have already stated this will affect user experience, so please don't insult people's intelligence by telling owners to take their car in for a blind update .
I certainly won't.

·
Registered
208 Posts
June16 said:
Can you find someone who is not limited then and advise.
You cannot expect owners to just accept an update without providing any details. In press reports JLR have already stated this will affect user experience, so please don't insult people's intelligence by telling owners to take their car in for a blind update .
I certainly won't.
Good Morning June16

Thank you for your post.

As I am sure you can understand, not all vehicles have been affected by this software update. Therefore all necessary information of the H185 update will have already been distributed to customers affected by the recall.

At this point I would advise you and other readers of this thread, that should you decide to have the software update implemented, to consult your local retailer for further information that expands on what has already been shared here.

If there is any other way I can assist in the future please do not hesitate to contact me.

Many Thanks

Dan - Jaguar UK

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.