Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I give up. Thought I would ask here before consulting the manual. I'm far too stubborn for that.

Stood like an idiot kicking air under the boot. Success rate is very low.

Any clues would be appreciated.

·
Registered
245 Posts
It's the back corner left or right I'm not sure but not the middle the dealer advised me when I was thinking about the option. Not sure if that helps?

·
Registered
67 Posts
I think the sensors are only on the sides, I normally give a swiping motion from tyre to the rear corner or in from the corner to towards the tyre. This works 90% of the time.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the link and it's what I has assumed. Works on one side ( passenger) can't get it to do it on drivers side. Video suggests sensors on both? Can anyone confirm?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Definitely on both sides

·
Registered
67 Posts
When I was shown it at the dealers we tried it from both sides and I have used it on both sides, would have bee a bit of a pain if only on one side.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Conclusion. Easier to put the bag on the floor and press the button. Spend the extra on something useful. Certainly wouldn't be a feature request on my next car.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Beninspain said:
Conclusion. Easier to put the bag on the floor and press the button. Spend the extra on something useful. Certainly wouldn't be a feature request on my next car.
Interesting I had heard the same from someone else, think he had an Evoque and he told me not to bother with it as well

·
Registered
458 Posts
Beninspain said:
Have got to disagree - TBH I was fairly ambivalent to start with but having used it now I really do find it useful.
Whole point of the keyless entry is that you don't have to dig the key out, so if you haven't pulled it out already then you don't need to.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I love the look on people's faces when you you walk up to the car and wave your foot and the boot opens. They are not only amazed by the car but wondering about the technology

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sure. Keyless is great and wouldn't be without it. But the guesture boot is not as useful. Maybe with time I'll get better at it. But right now, I feel a bit of a prick kicking the bumber with arms full of shopping. Will practice at home some more before the next shop.

·
Registered
688 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
If it helps I was struggling too. Now I just kick the mud flaps and it works pretty much everytime. It's definitely an art and if you 'wave' your foot enthusiastically it'll ignore it so it's best to quick kick and back. I aim for the mud flaps and it does as its told 9 times outta 10. :lol: but I agree sometimes it's just easier to press the damn button!

·
Registered
208 Posts
Works perfectly for me every time. Most issues I have seen are people standing behind the car and trying to do it, or just waving the foot around. The car is looking for a very specific "kick" motion from the side behind the rear wheels. If you follow the instructions in the video, it is pretty straightforward.

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
YVR_Pacer said:
Works perfectly for me every time. Most issues I have seen are people standing behind the car and trying to do it, or just waving the foot around. The car is looking for a very specific "kick" motion from the side behind the rear wheels. If you follow the instructions in the video, it is pretty straightforward.
Do you have freakishly large feet?

:lol:

·
Registered
85 Posts
The most obvious answer would be to give the sensor a good wash, I would have thought.

Failing that, put your shopping bags down and use a key like everyone else!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.