Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

As many others I've been "stalking" this forum for some weeks. Hopefully Norwegians are welcomed? Especially after this "Brexit"-thing ;-)

Mine is expected in December, and this forum helped a great deal with selecting options - so thanks! Speaking of options, the most importent stuff:

Cup holder cover (THANKS!!!)
2.0/Aut/AWD R-Sport
Quartzite
Satin fine line wood
DAB RADIO
Practicallity pack
Electricaly Deployable Towbar (love this!!!)
Rear View Camers
3 Button Configurable Dynamics
ADAPTIVE LED HEADLAMPS
Sliding Panoramic Roof
ADAPTIVE SPEED CONTROL + QUEUE ASSIST
Head-Up Display Pack
380W + ICT Pro (fingers crossed!!!)
COLD CLIMATE PACK
BLACK PACK R-SPORT
14x14 memory

As for wheels I went with the standard 19' R-Sport since we need two sets of wheels up here - winter&summer. The plan is to use the original 19 for the winter (maybe even spiked) tires and find a nice set of aftermarket 22's for the summer. From my initial checks, it looks like aftermarket is atleast half the price, if not closer to 1/3. I've found a couple alternatives, but any tips/suggestions is very welcomed :)

·
Registered
105 Posts
You certainly are very welcome! We are neighbours after all!
Nice spec there. I can't wait to see some photos of a Quartzite R Sport! Nice.

·
Super Moderator
1,953 Posts
jelaag said:
Hopefully Norwegians are welcomed? Especially after this "Brexit"-thing
Hi and welcome! Of course you are welcome, all are welcome . . the "B" word is an embarrassment to us all, especially if it makes people feel they might not be welcomed!

Which part of Norway are you from? It will be very interesting to hear how you get on with your FP over the winter months . . you'll be getting a lot more of the white stuff to deal with than we do in the UK, it always makes me wonder how on earth we would cope if we got 'real' snow . . most things grind to a halt here if we get even just an inch or so!! :lol:

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Hello jelaag ( or as they say in Norway "hi, hi" ),

You have joined a friendly and vibrant bunch of folk on this forum. Unlike our US counterparts we don't argue all day or trade insults! I think you will like it and it's very helpful.

We were on holiday this summer in Norway. Urke, which was fabulous. Attached is a photo from our cottage, or hytte. What a lovely country and what lovely people you all are - so civilised and friendly. But how on earth can anyone afford anything new in Norway, let alone a new car? Your taxes and prices are eye watering. I saw more old cars and ancient Volvo saloons trundling around than anywhere else. You recycle almost anything because it doesn't come with government tax on it!

Anyway, welcome to the forum. Good call about your wheels as a set of winter tyres is needed in Norway.

Best wishes,

Arianne

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
"Hei igjen" - (Hello again) :)

I live on the coast between Oslo and Kristiansand (Stathelle, if someone want to Google Earth-it), so we usually dont have that much snow. Mostly around a feet. But its less then 1 hour from the mountains, and we do some skiiing - the car will be tested ;-) Actually its the changing conditions we now have here in the south is more demanding on your driving skills then snow. The usual winther weather is cold AF, then 10 dg warmer and a feet of snow, then 5 dg warmer and some rain and then colder again - which equals ice on the back roads. Thats why I consider studded tires.

As for our prices.. My spec is close to £100.000, and a 3.0 is £30.000 more! The dealer/importer is expecting the cars value to keep very well, if not - I could not afford it. BUT - we Norwegians really have nothing to complain about, apart from car- and beer prices ;-)

Arianne - that picture was amazing! That part of the country is quite spectacular!

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
mb8388 said:
£100,000 for an R-sport - blimey!! I thought I was splashing out on my FE...

Seriously though, the FP is a fantastic car and I've loved every minute of driving it.
That's what you pay for a Volvo XC60 in Norway before options!

It's an amazing country, high living standards and little inequality between the lowest paid and higher paid workers. That's partly why it's expensive but at least you know that your waiter in a cafe has a decent standard of living. Of course, having the world's biggest Sovereign Wealth Fund from North Sea crude oil helps, as does their insight in not selling the rights to the oil 100% to private firms. Instead StatOil is a part government, part private collaboration which works well.

Whatever happened to our crude oil wealth - ahh, I remember, we spent it on rescuing the Sick Man of Europe in the 1970s. Oh well, To be born in Britain in still to be one of the most fortunate people on earth - just behind the Norwegians.

Best wishes to all. Off to tidy up my garage as I now have ten summer tyres to store from this week's swap out for the cars. But we did get a free valet inside and out from the dealer on them both which has saved me a few hours today.

Arianne

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
mb8388 said:
Arianne,
What a wonderful photo! We've been thinking about touring Norway next summer and now it's back on the agenda!
Ivan
Hi Ivan, later on when I have more time I will post some additional information about our month in Scandinavia and the things we did. Maybe that can help you plan ahead?

Regards, Arianne

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Hei hei jelaag,

I repeat the other welcomes of our co members, and nice spec!! Especially the tow bar which had made my friends and laugh. You will love the car.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Looking forward to some snow in a few weeks time in Iceland too!!
No F pace unfortunately... Will just have to get by on a snowmobile or one of those ridiculous Toyota Hi Lux on steroids to go glacier bashing.... Providing the unpronucablunpronouseable ( don't blame me it's what the spell check put in) :lol: :lol: volcano doesn't go bang!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts