Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As my supplying dealer was 150 miles away and it was a bit of a special occasion I decided to go first class on the train. A good decision as it was a very pleasant way to spend the morning and as an added bonus everything ran on time.
Michael (the salesman) collected me from the station for the 7 minute drive to the dealer where we completed the paperwork formalities.
The car was unveiled and it looked absolutely stunning. Some pics below, but I don't think photos do justice to how gorgeous these cars are. The only tiny disappointment was the minute scratch on the front bumper. The salesman was beside himself with apologies and they immediately dispatched the car to the workshop to polish it out. Within 20 mins it was back looking perfect.
I posted a couple of pictures sent to me by the dealer the other day (with the bike rack on the back) and - like one response, I was wondering if I'd made the right choice by not going with the privacy glass. However, 'in the flesh' it looked spot on. The "tiny" 20" wheels also look fine enough for me!
I was presented with the twin key / key ring presentation box, which is a lovely touch. Having read the brief from blackjagmike the other day, I made sure I had filled the dealer in, in advance of collection with regards to the common faults and as far as I can tell, I have not experienced any faults so far. Mobile data switched itself off once, but if that's as bad as it gets I will think myself lucky.
Obviously it's harder to spot on a black car, but I am very satisfied with panel alignment and the spec is exactly as ordered.
So, with payment completed (can't believe how quickly and easily you can make a debit card payment for such an amount with immediate approval from the bank) it was time to set up the in control system (incidentally, I dropped in to my local branch on Wednesday to warn them of impending transaction, and I got the feeling that they thought this a rather quaint, old fashioned notion and it really wasn't necessary).
So into the car and I made a bit of a tit of myself! When asked to present the SIM card, I proceeded to pop it out of it's retaining card, only for it to flip up into the air and disappear down the gap between the seat and centre console! :roll:
A comical 5 minutes ensued with us trying to move the seat into every fathomable position trying to locate it! Luckily I eventually discovered and after that it was plain sailing.
They'd filled the tank, so what with that, the free 5 year servicing and the key rings I was happy enough.
As is traditional for me, it pissed it down on the drive home (3rd new car in a row this has happened now) - so I have already settled into black car ownership by washing it within 4 hours of purchase.
The drive home was long, slow, but very enjoyable. I experienced none of the harsh or bouncy ride that some have reported and the adaptive cruise is great.
I even tried a few speed bumps when I got home and it was fine. Thought the audio system was pretty good. Was getting pretty annoyed that I couldn't adjust the navigation volume, as I reported on here earlier, but a fellow owner soon put me right.
This evening I took it out again and exercised dynamic mode - and wow - it really transforms the car - so nimble and responsive.
To recap - possibly I will find some faults as I go along, but 195 miles in, I am loving it. Anyway - to the all important pics:

Attachments

·
Registered
192 Posts
Many Congrats!

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Nice anther black S !

·
Registered
363 Posts
Nice and great to hear such a positive story and handover.

Great pics.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Looks very nice and I nearly ordered the same ultimate black, black pack and blade wheels myself. In the end I flipped to Storm Grey despite the extra cost because my last two cars have been black so thought it was getting a bit boring!

G

·
Nice car ;)
Enjoy it !

My bouncy ride has gone with the replacement of a chip on Friday. The ride is really comfortable now.

·
Super Moderator
1,953 Posts
Hey Bonkers, your car looks really great! Glad to hear your purchase through Farnell's at Bradford went well. Many congratulations, after your Brexit result 'wobble' back in June, you deserved a happy outcome. Enjoy! :cool:

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Hey Bonkers, fab looking car mate, so glad you are pleased with it, and that the first 195 miles have been a positive experience. I am getting excited now!

ITCP working well?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Hey Bonkers

Looks fantastic - You should be "reet chuffed"

I'm 1200 miles in and other than the odd minor thing - Its going like a dream

Wishing you all the best

Mike

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
F-Pace S said:
Hey Bonkers, fab looking car mate, so glad you are pleased with it, and that the first 195 miles have been a positive experience. I am getting excited now!

ITCP working well?
Just a single niggle so far (mobile data switched itself off once), but not really had enough time to test it exhaustively yet. I have not experienced any of the problems others have had with it going blank or things not functioning. Have to say that so far, the new car experience measures up well against any of the German competitors I have experienced.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
blackjagmike said:
Hey Bonkers

Looks fantastic - You should be "reet chuffed"

I'm 1200 miles in and other than the odd minor thing - Its going like a dream

Wishing you all the best

Mike
Thanks Mike. I have to say your first post helped a lot in preparation for my pick up. The dealer had pretty much covered all of my concerns by the time I arrived.
Perhaps we should have the black FP owners splinter cell. Don't think we'll compete with the ammo club for numbers though!

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
catwoman said:
Hey Bonkers, your car looks really great! Glad to hear your purchase through Farnell's at Bradford went well. Many congratulations, after your Brexit result 'wobble' back in June, you deserved a happy outcome. Enjoy! :cool:
Cheers catwoman. Feel a bit silly about the wobble now! In the end I thought - sod it, you only live once! In the end I think I got a better deal than the original - so things have a way of working out for the best - and I still got it in time for my 50th.
Yorkshire seems to be a lucky place for me. Last car was bought from there too - and we generally love visiting. Will be back up for a couple of days on my birthday weekend as we are travelling up to Whitby. One of our very favourite places in the whole world and somewhere that will feel like the big cat is in its natural habitat!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Cheers Bonkers

I love the look of ultimate/ebony black particularly from the front.

A stealth splinter cell sounds great. Ninjas & Unerdatakers only!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.