Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just passed the 700 mile mark and today for the first I'm hearing what I can only describe as squeaking rubbery/plastic from the rear boot area, it's very hard to pin down exactly where the noise originates so will arrange with the dealer to have a look soon.

Funny how it's only noticeable as crawling speed as it seems to disappear at normal speeds on the road, or maybe other noises drown it out.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oddly the weather is dry as is the car and everything is quiet, I wonder doesn't this have anything to do with it?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Me too :(

Agree it's odd as to what causes it to occur. Going over bumps does not make it happen but going round roundabouts, 3-point turns and any kind of wallowing will cause a squeak!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I picked mine up on the 7th July so late June I guess.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
JLRnumber5 said:
When were your cars built guys?
Mine was delivered to the dealer late June but couldn't tell you it's build date.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Sorry to resurrect such an old thread but I wonder if there was any resolution to this. My car has now done 600 miles and I have a squeaking/creaking from the boot area under similar conditions (reversing out of my driveway or driving slowly down a bumpy road).

If I open the boot I can recreate the creaking sound by pushing the large black plastic seal next to the drivers side light. I will take it to the dealer but if there is a simple fix I'd prefer to minimise the hassle.

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Hi Sid ... I would think (hope) that your squeak is not related to the original issue that was fixed a long time ago on all production vehicles. Yours sounds more like badly fitted trim so a trip to the dealer should fix.

·
Super Moderator
1,953 Posts
sidboggle said:
If I open the boot I can recreate the creaking sound by pushing the large black plastic seal next to the drivers side light. I will take it to the dealer but if there is a simple fix I'd prefer to minimise the hassle.
Try using something like 'gummi pflege' on the seal, it will likely sort it. Readily available on eBay, etc., I use it on door and boot seals before the winter sets in, it helps to reduce the chances of moisture freezing on the seals when the temperatures drop . . and it keeps the seals squeak-free and in good condition :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
catwoman said:
sidboggle said:
Try using something like 'gummi pflege' on the seal, it will likely sort it. Readily available on eBay, etc., I use it on door and boot seals before the winter sets in, it helps to reduce the chances of moisture freezing on the seals when the temperatures drop . . and it keeps the seals squeak-free and in good condition :)
Thanks! Never heard of that - I will give it a try.

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
catwoman said:
sidboggle said:
Top tip! I am buying some just 'cos I like the name :D

·
Registered
8 Posts
JLRnumber5 said:
Hi Sid ... I would think (hope) that your squeak is not related to the original issue that was fixed a long time ago on all production vehicles. Yours sounds more like badly fitted trim so a trip to the dealer should fix.
Yes it definitely sounds more like an interior trim issue rather than the old suspension problem that seemed to be an issue last year. Still, if that is the only issue I have with the car I am happy as it shouldn't be difficult to sort. Apart from that the car is fantastic.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just an update on this for those interested. There are a couple of Technical Bulletins that cover this:

SSM72784 (caused by cross bar brace behind rear seats)
SSM72706 (caused by rear light missing insulation blocks)

It turned out mine was mainly caused by the first item above.

Anyway, all sorted by the dealer and a welcome back to quiet motoring!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts