Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Should i consider getting it?
Its the same 3.0d motor, it has led lights like mine, it has adaptive dynamics, actually i am going to post a picture of the spec.

Their only difference are the bumpers basically? And the S badge ofc?

Attachments

·
Registered
688 Posts
If I had wanted and ordered an S and ended up getting an R-Sport I think I'd be continually thinking 'but what if' and doubting my decision

·
Registered
458 Posts
Is there a cost advantage for you or are you just digging the dealer out of a hole?
Presume you're not in the UK - where there is a significant cost difference between the 2 - and also/because the R -sport is not 3.0

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
jinjin said:
If I had wanted and ordered an S and ended up getting an R-Sport I think I'd be continually thinking 'but what if' and doubting my decision
Well the "S" has a delivery date of november whereas the "R" has like tomorrow.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Pos.k said:
Is there a cost advantage for you or are you just digging the dealer out of a hole?
Presume you're not in the UK - where there is a significant cost difference between the 2 - and also/because the R -sport is not 3.0
Yes the R is like 17k euro less, no i am not in the uk, i am just trying to figure out what i will be missing because since the start i was only looking the S

·
Registered
458 Posts
As you've ordered the other car do you have the spec sheet?
list them out and check what you're missing from that.
Its difficult for us to say as the spec for the S may well be different in Belgium

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I downloaded both stock specs and individual stock specs, and the only thing i am missing is the black pack and the adaptive cruise control, and since the black pack is retrofit, i can live without the adaptive cruise control, so the car is pretty much identical.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Identical apart from the 3.0 being a beast compared to the 2.0. It sounds like that doesn't bother you so I'd stick with saving €17k

·
Registered
458 Posts
jinjin said:
Identical apart from the 3.0 being a beast compared to the 2.0. It sounds like that doesn't bother you so I'd stick with saving €17k
He's in Belgium so can get a 3.0d R sport
so its still a beast - but maybe a bit of a wolf in sheep's clothing...

·
Super Moderator
1,953 Posts
Seems like a very good value alternative to me . . and available right now . . . I'd definitely be tempted.

Makes me wonder why customers in Belgium can have a 3 litre R-Sport option, but not us here in the UK tho' :?

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
17k less and available now? Sign me up!

I would have chosen a 3.0 R-Sport (specced up a bit) if it was available here. I like the Jet/Oyster trim the most.

Go for it :)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I am not in belgium guys, i am based in greece and i am buying it from bulgaria.

Its a 3.0d not a 2.0d i wouldnt even think a 2.0d.

Well its nicely specced the only thing i liked more on the S is that the interior is leather and alcantara but the R is all leather with climated seats so i guess its ok.
I already told the dealer to prep it, he just told me they need to see if they can cancel my old order and hook me up with the car in stock.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
If that's the only difference I think you're crazy to say no. 3 months early and 17K euros saved !!!
That's crazy amount . Any differences to the seats, interior etc - must be more than that to justify the 17k otherwise looks a great deal

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well i went through with it, i am trying to make them retrofit a black pack and paint the rims black and then i am good to go.
This is the car:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Climate seats as well - fantastic. And 17K saved.
You can buy whatever wheels you want with that saving and sell the originals

Happy days good work

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.