·
Registered
410 Posts
Good for you :D

Hopefully this will be a domino effect :p

·
Registered
473 Posts
Just got off the phone to my dealer, I am was in the first block of cars they have on build from the factory, deposit paid early October, all other orders are diesels, all to be delivered early June, HOWEVER mine is the only petrol and that is showing as August delivery to the dealer :shock: , they are querying as I write this..... Will not be happy if this transpires, it's not as though this is a new engine its in the Ftype... Hmmm that call has not helped my mood for the evening!!!

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
The Gman said:
Just got off the phone to my dealer, I am was in the first block of cars they have on build from the factory, deposit paid early October, all other orders are diesels, all to be delivered early June, HOWEVER mine is the only petrol and that is showing as August delivery to the dealer :shock: , they are querying as I write this..... Will not be happy if this transpires, it's not as though this is a new engine its in the Ftype... Hmmm that call has not helped my mood for the evening!!!
I've got a horrible feeling your right. Spoke to my dealer today and they are working through the order book and loading up today tomorrow. They had limited slots but looked like I may make it BUT he also made a comment about them all been diesels so far and I'm the only supercharged petrol in the early orders.

I thought great as would make me more likely to get my order in and with me during June.
Maybe I'll find out tomorrow and will let you know,

·
Registered
48 Posts
Latest update from my dealer this morning.

Demonstrator cars are being send out to garages next week.

Immediately after that FE models will be sent.

FE guaranteed before end of April but dealers suspects mid month or so. I guess it depends how long it takes to get demonstrators to all garages, I think a week or so of all demo cars are already built.

I go on holiday on the 18th so can nearly bet I'm going to be away when it comes ☹

I would therefore imagine non FE models from May and not June as previously stated.

Sounded like he was reading from an official memo too, not just opinions or ideas but actual communication from jag themselves.

Any other FE guys able to confirm this?

·
Registered
410 Posts
My petrol super charged is being built late April I was informed yesterday so don't think that's right

·
Banned
1,133 Posts
I think MAY has been the date for the FE s for a while now...although my dealer still says June...
Still don't understand why JAG can't tell us officially ...if they ring out of the blue to say your FE has arrived ...I will then have to get rid of my existing car as not to have both sat on the drive :?
Think about it , having placed the order last sept ,with out the internet I would have not heard a single thing about the car from either the dealer or jaguar since ...they even managed to miss us out of any of the previews in the process etc ( no model car :x )

Not everybody is internet savvy ;)
There are possibly people out there not knowing any thing that's going on..
By now jag should have written to everyone given them an idea of potential delivery dates or a time schedule outlining possible stages in the process

It will be great to have the car...but don't Spring it on me :eek:

·
Registered
102 Posts
I heard the same from my dealer, they are expecting delivery of their demonstrators next week but have been told they can't be registered before the 15th April.

I've also managed to get my order changed for a first edition now, so I hope they'll be coming through soon after. My dealer is checking when they'll get delivery of FE's as I type.

G

·
Talked to my dealer in France this afternoon to know if he got a build date.
He said he didn't and then told me "what did I tell you? End of April? Beginning of May?". I said yes and then told him that I learned on the Internet that the launch date was May 12 in France and that he shouldn't be able to deliver my car before this date. He said that it was true...
And after I told him that I should sell my Evoque so that I needed a date and he encouraged me to sell it and inform the potential buyers that it would be available mid-end May...
This launch is very weird.
My Evoque was right on time in 2011.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts