Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I finally got the call I was waiting for..... and here it is.

I promise I will post more but kind of busy today.

Few things excite as much as getting a new car and when they pulled the cover off mine it didn't disappoint, the thing is stunning to look it and was just as I expected.... well almost, I got in the drivers seat and looked for the stalk to adjust the powered steering column but it wasn't there, the car had came without the full memory pack I'd ordered. On checked with the salesman that it hadn't been my mistake there it was on his order sheet we completed, the mistake appears to have been the staff member who inputs those orders on to the Jaguar system, instead of the memory the includes the power steering column she tick the box without it, I must admit the wording of both is very similar but her actions meant I was without this feature.

I could have rejected the car but that would have meant a lengthy wait for a replacement but we came to an agreement which I felt was fair. Anyway the drive home was better than expected, despite a tight engine this thing can pull, builds speed with ease and even quieter than the RRS. But it the handling which really gets me going, it feels more like the wife's GTI than the car it replaced, I suppose that's the benefit of weighing almost 400kgs lighter.

Did I make the right decision?

Hell yeah.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
JLRnumber5 said:
Had exactly the same thing happen to me regarding the steering column. Fortunately spotted it just in time.

Looks great :)
I wanted it more so because of and when the wife drove it everything would have adjusted to her setting with one touch of a button.

Still can't get over how the hell Jaguar have made a car ride so well on 22" wheels yet handle like it does, I use to think Porsche were chassis wizards but this thing is on a whole other level.

BTW I forgot to add on my original post that the car has came with an optional extra not originally ordered at the time, I now have 'Keep lane assist'... doubt I'll ever use it as almost all my journeys are short and ones of any length aren't more than 30-40 mins.

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
luminated said:
JLRnumber5 said:
Had exactly the same thing happen to me regarding the steering column. Fortunately spotted it just in time.

I wanted it more so because of and when the wife drove it everything would have adjusted to her setting with one touch of a button.

Still can't get over how the hell Jaguar have made a car ride so well on 22" wheels yet handle like it does, I use to think Porsche were chassis wizards but this thing is on a whole other level.

BTW I forgot to add on my original post that the car has came with an optional extra not originally ordered at the time, I now have 'Keep lane assist'... doubt I'll ever use it as almost all my journeys are short and ones of any length aren't more than 30-40 mins.
How come you have an option you didn't order?

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
JLRnumber5 said:
luminated said:
JLRnumber5 said:

How come you have an option you didn't order?
Heaven knows, just wished it was a more useful option as already I've switched it off, bloody thing keeps vibrating every time I cross lanes. lol

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Super Moderator
1,953 Posts
Distinctive looking car, the black pack works a treat! Which wheels did you go for, 22s?

Distinctive plate too . . BXZ . . that's got me guessing . . Brian Xavier Zane??? :lol: (please tell me I'm right!)

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
catwoman said:
Distinctive looking car, the black pack works a treat! Which wheels did you go for, 22s?
Yeah Double Helix 22s.

catwoman said:
Distinctive plate too . . BXZ . . that's got me guessing . . Brian Xavier Zane??? :lol: (please tell me I'm right!)
Well stone the crows, how did you know. lol

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Q: How do you connect your iPhone to the media system other than through Bluetooth. The RRS had a USB port but I can't find one of the FP.

Scrub the above statement.... typical man, would rather die than resort to looking at the manual. :D

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Having had the car over the weekend I'd like to share my opinions about how the car compares with the RRSport it replaced, it's systems and its overall build and materials.

I know a few have raised concerns about its width and having had an X5, Q7, Cayenne and most recently the RRSports to me it feels small, seating position is similar to the RRSport in that you get a good view of the bonnet so judging its position in relation to its surrounding is easy. This feeling continue with the interior, where as the others give a sense of space the FP cocoons you just like a mid sized saloon car. My only negative so far towards the car, door panel quality is substandard of what you will get in the others especially so the RRSport, the difference in value between what my RRSport was and this FP is only £8k but in this respect the difference feels more like £20k, in fact the whole rear part of the cabin is where the quality falls apart.

From now on everything I'll comment on is all good. You really can forgive the above failings by the way it drives, IMO this thing has the competition licked.... where my house is the roads are quite ropey yet the way the FP soaked up the bumps and pole holes amazes me, it's riding on 22s for heave sake yet it's even better than the RRSport the so called daddy of all sports SUVs and better still it handles like the love child of the wife's GTI and the RRSport.... bloody amazing. Next the performance, only 200 miles on the clock so no madness as yet but you can easily tell the same engine in something +650lbs lighter has made a world of difference, response on part throttle is very good... when run in I'll pitch it against the wife's Mk7 GTI to see if it truly is as close as I imagine it might be. Early days but so far I'm getting 35.2mpg on short runs so expecting this will increase a little with the odd long journey thrown in.

The nerve Center that is the InControl Touch Pro, so far it's worked as expected, miles quicker to load up compared to the RRSport and has some really nice touches, big improvement on graphics compared to the RRS and really loving the minimal mode on the dials. I actually think the sound is better in this than the arRSport too, especially the Meridian mode.

Is this the best SUV on the market.... really depends on what's important to you but for my needs the answer is a definately YES, Jaguar's has hit a hole in one, home run, bullseye, etc with its first ever SUV.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Nice to hear. Yes the interior quality and few other bits are a bit cheap looking / feeling from my test drive memory.
Is your steering wheel "foamy" by the way. That was first thing that caught me out and didn't much like,

Good to hear your pleased with the stereo upgrade. Hopefully have mine soon and looking forward to it.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Mbadger77 said:
Nice to hear. Yes the interior quality and few other bits are a bit cheap looking / feeling from my test drive memory.
Is your steering wheel "foamy" by the way. That was first thing that caught me out and didn't much like,

Good to hear your pleased with the stereo upgrade. Hopefully have mine soon and looking forward to it.
Haven't noticed that about the steering wheel but then again I'm use to driving the brothers M5.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Relief to hear some positive feed back!!! Mines due to dealer this week hope to collect next week....reading this had given me a huge amount of relief and restored my feelings of excitement and great expectation!! :D ;)

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Funny quirk about the system I've just noticed, if you are in the car to maybe just move it on the driveway and don't put your seatbelt on the radio stays on ever after your turned the engine stop and locked the car, what you need to do then is lean in and press the start button wait a second and repeat press it to turn it off again... I suppose I could just turn the radio off at its button but it appears the system needs the seatbelt clicked in the work properly.

·
Registered
453 Posts
luminated said:
Funny quirk about the system I've just noticed, if you are in the car to maybe just move it on the driveway and don't put your seatbelt on the radio stays on ever after your turned the engine stop and locked the car, what you need to do then is lean in and press the start button wait a second and repeat press it to turn it off again... I suppose I could just turn the radio off at its button but it appears the system needs the seatbelt clicked in the work properly.
nope thats a glitch mines been doing it on and off sometimes you get in move the car the radio comes on and should by default irrespective of seat belt switch off when you open the door

im currently driving an xe as my car in for that problem and several other little irritations

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Shaunyt said:
nope thats a glitch mines been doing it on and off sometimes you get in move the car the radio comes on and should by default irrespective of seat belt switch off when you open the door

im currently driving an xe as my car in for that problem and several other little irritations
Only seems to do it on mine if I don't have the seatbelt on before I turn the engine off, tried it several times.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts