Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just cancelled my order with Guy Salmon due to lack of information, they will not even tell me me if my order which they have had the deposit for since November has been passed to build or when they intend it to happen. Total lack of communication. Bye
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,073 Posts
Fair enough. Which dealer was it.

Pretty poor they can't give you more info. I was an October deposit and it took a little bit to get on the order book with a vista number. Getting hard information isn't easy but to not even get into the orders by now seems odd.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
184 Posts
That really is a shame :cry: It's not the car's fault !

I may just be unlucky (because from what some have said on here, they have excellent dealers), but I have never dealt with any dealer who gives a toss whether I buy their cars or not. In this day and age I find that remarkable.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,022 Posts
catalyst said:
That really is a shame :cry: It's not the car's fault !

I may just be unlucky (because from what some have said on here, they have excellent dealers), but I have never dealt with any dealer who gives a toss whether I buy their cars or not. In this day and age I find that remarkable.
It is weird, I went into the Jaguar dealer with my family. It was the one in Edinburgh. I had specifically called the day before so thought I might get a welcome, a cup of tea, perhaps a biscuit and a chat. Nothing! They didn't even take my name or contact details despite the fact that I was all over the F-Pace for at least 20mins. The salesman told me that they had almost sold all of their build slots for 2016 so I can only assume that this was part of the reason for their disinterest.

Contrast that to Cleland Jaguar in Galashiels. Fabulous. A long test drive, unaccompanied. The opportunity to try both the diesel versions, a really well informed and pleasant salesman, tea and good communication all the way. Needless to say, these guys got my order.

To be fair, we have visited two other Jaguar dealers in Carlisle and Kendal. Both knew that we had already placed an order with Clelands but, because we wanted to see their F-Pace car colours and we were passing, we popped in. Both offered us tea, took time to chat and the dealership in Kendal even moved one of their demonstrators out for us to take some snaps because it was too soon for the cars to be allowed out for test drives, pre April 18th.

It's all down to the dealership, for sure. Choose wisely!

Arianne
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
29 Posts
BV32 said:
I have just cancelled my order with Guy Salmon due to lack of information, they will not even tell me me if my order which they have had the deposit for since November has been passed to build or when they intend it to happen. Total lack of communication. Bye
Sorry to hear that. My dealer made a mistake with my order and put it in later than it should have. Both they and Jaguar have gone out their way to rectify this when I challenged them! Mistakes happen, it's how people respond that defines them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
203 Posts
Kentdale JLR at Kendal are excellent. I managed to get an unsold FE from them. Unfortunately the build date was postponed from 6th to 13th May. Fingers crossed I'll be the proud owner in early June! They're not my local dealer... they're a 3-hour drive away.

I live near Hull and Hatfields have terrible customer service - they just can't be bothered at all. In September 2015 I paid them £500 as an expression of interest and was expecting to spend £60k on a diesel S with options. I had heard nothing after 7 months and my spec wasn't even fixed or confirmed. They had promised that the deposit was refundable if I decided not to proceed with my purchase. However I seem to have rubbed them up the wrong way as they're now refusing to give my money back because I bought a car from another dealer. So far their attitude has been both condescending and homophobic in my battle to get my money back! Let's see who wins...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
207 Posts
Please let us know which Guy Salmon it is... I recently bought the wife an XF as a bday gift from the one in Coventry, the guy was more than helpful and accommodating to me, more so keeping it hush hush as a surprise.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
453 Posts
smash said:
Please let us know which Guy Salmon it is... I recently bought the wife an XF as a bday gift from the one in Coventry, the guy was more than helpful and accommodating to me, more so keeping it hush hush as a surprise.
I also have bought /ordered from Guy Salmon the dealership in Stockport, they have so far been pretty good with me, my car was supposed to have been built yesterday , but I haven't heard anything from them as to if it is or when they might take delivery ... Would love to know how long I have to wait now ...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
195 Posts
Shaunyt said:
smash said:
Please let us know which Guy Salmon it is... I recently bought the wife an XF as a bday gift from the one in Coventry, the guy was more than helpful and accommodating to me, more so keeping it hush hush as a surprise.
I also have bought /ordered from Guy Salmon the dealership in Stockport, they have so far been pretty good with me, my car was supposed to have been built yesterday , but I haven't heard anything from them as to if it is or when they might take delivery ... Would love to know how long I have to wait now ...
My FE was built last Friday and I was told today that delivery to the dealer will be by next Friday, so up to two weeks to get to the dealer then PDI etc.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
31 Posts
i was going to cancel but the dealer made me change my mind,they said any delivery of 2.0d f-paces so far are not private buyers in this country
and predicted delivery dates was always end of may or june,still not totally happy but i know i would regret not having one
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top